It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin 'Wants to Regain Finland' Says Close Adviser

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Maybe "dream" would be more apt than "intent."

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

MessageforAll
Seriously??? I'l go as far as saying his intent is to reclaim East Ukraine, but this? Next Up Europe? Ridiculous, When i see a real military invasion( like Libya, Iraq, Afhanistan ) i'l be happy to adjust my statement.

His an "Ex" KGB which you can never forget when talking about Putin, but going about and saying his after Europe lol.

Do some research my child... you have no business in the adult forums.
The information is there to be read..off you go and read it.
He may desire Europe.. what he'll get is a wasteland in Europe and Russia if he's not careful
edit on Sat, 29 Mar 2014 19:33:33 -0500337America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You can't be seriously comparing times back then and now? I was talking about the "modern" era.

And as far as Prague Spring I don't remember that it had any casualties whatsoever? While in Ukraine and many other countries, you have armed people( or terrorists) with guns fighting against police?
edit on 29-3-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

So your a West hater... seriously .
Why not move to Moscow and crow at the Kremlin.

They will appreciate it I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Nikola014
reply to post by Phage

You can't be seriously comparing times back then and now? I was talking about the "modern" era.

And as far as Prague Spring I don't remember that it had any casualties whatsoever? While in Ukraine and many other countries, you have armed people( or terrorists) with cold weapons fighting against police?
edit on 29-3-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

It is ironic the very people you claim are creating revolts are the ones that are always caught completely off guard by them.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You didn't say that.
But while it is true that international politics are more complex now than in the past, I don't think it's a valid assessment to say that people do not rise against their governments.

While in Ukraine and many other countries, you have armed people( or terrorists) with cold weapons fighting against police?
I wouldn't class them terrorists if they're fighting authorities. That would be revolutionaries or criminals, depending on your point of view. Can you clarify "cold weapons?"

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the correction about cold weapons. That is how we call them in my language, and i thought the translation is literal. My apologies. English is not my native language. Hope my posts are readable.

They are people with guns. Firing at police. I wouldn't call them peaceful protesters.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

rigel4

So your a West hater... seriously .
Why not move to Moscow and crow at the Kremlin.

They will appreciate it I'm sure.

No, he´s just somebody who has his own thoughts and doesn´t believe everything the media says - like so many others do... And he has first hand experience! Me too, btw. Just came back from the Ukraine recently.

PS (off-topic): Why are the smilies here so ugly?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hope my posts are readable.
Very readable. I thought it may have been a matter of translation.

They are people with guns. Firing at police. I wouldn't call them peaceful protesters.

Nor would I. I would call them revolutionaries or criminals, depending on your point of view.

edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
That ex-advisor is boot licking by passing wrong statements so that he can get a promotion in the western institution that he works for currently.

Putin is not ill-logical. He talked with Obama on Friday and today his foreign minister reiterated that Russia has not intentions to invade Ukraine. Only thing it wants is order in Kiev i.e. no gangsters in power and Uks does not join NATO.

That sounds fair enough. There should be a buffer strip between NATO and Russia.

There is talk of NATO being obsolete...........let's hope not. NATO presence will keep Russia from misbehaving and Russian self confidence will keep NATO from causing civil wars and chaos in countries like Libya and Iraq. Buffer between the two will be the best of both the worlds.

Good for the peace of the whole world and especially for the common Joe's and Parker's in any country.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That would be the case if we were talking about a few people with guns. But we are talking about hundreds. Maybe more. You have to admit that we are way passed the criminals term?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Nikola014
reply to post by Foucalt

Just to be clear, I am not a Russian. I'm just a man who had the first hand experience in dealing with a west bringing democracy to his country. During that, I've lost half of my family. Thousands more.

You must be either young or naive to think that "revolutions" just happens. It's just people raising up against their governments. Well I'm sorry that I have to break that bubble for you. It's never the case. EVER. Every time a revolution breaks free, there is always a powerful country behind it. And I'm not talking about a minor riots. I'm talking about people getting armed and shooting at police( sounds familiar? ) .

Let's go back a little in past. During WW2, when Hitler asked Yugoslavia to let German troops pass to Greece and promised that no harm would be done to Yugoslavian people. Yugoslavian government first accepted that offer, but then, they got overthrown by the people. And of course, it ends up German army still passing through Yugoslavian land while killing a thousands of people. And later on we find out that, this revolution has been organized and supported by British and Russian secrets services. And this is a historical fact.

You are talking about people raising up against governments that our corrupted? Then why don't we have revolutions all over the world? USA, Europe, Asia?

Please, start using your mind.

I'm sorry for your losses, but your analysis of these situations goes about a millimeter deep.
It's true that revolutions don't "just happen." There's usually a variety of impetuses and sociological factors (some legitimate, some not so much). I'm fully aware of that. This doesn't entail that these revolutions and protests must be orchestrated by some foreign power, and citing one such instance which occurred in the heat of the largest and bloodiest war in human history does nothing to forward your argument.
The reason we don't just "have revolutions all over the world" is because, like it or not, Western-style governments are typically far less corrupt than Eastern/ less liberal ones (for example, the US, UK, and Canada are 19th, 14th, and 9th on the corruption index respectively, Ukraine, Russia, and Venezuela are 144th, 127th, and 160th - not exactly model numbers)
edit on 29-3-2014 by Foucalt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You have to admit that we are way passed the criminals term?

Actually, in this case, I'm not so sure. Are you talking about the nationalists? It seems that they are something else completely, perhaps more like anarchists. I would tend to think of them more on the criminal side.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

rigel4

MessageforAll
Seriously??? I'l go as far as saying his intent is to reclaim East Ukraine, but this? Next Up Europe? Ridiculous, When i see a real military invasion( like Libya, Iraq, Afhanistan ) i'l be happy to adjust my statement.

His an "Ex" KGB which you can never forget when talking about Putin, but going about and saying his after Europe lol.

Do some research my child... you have no business in the adult forums.
The information is there to be read..off you go and read it.
He may desire Europe.. what he'll get is a wasteland in Europe and Russia if he's not careful
edit on Sat, 29 Mar 2014 19:33:33 -0500337America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

How easy it is to come off all enlightened and righteous, yet can't even keep respectful towards another member. The condescending tone in your post is the worst of its kind.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, as you said, it depends from your point of a view. If you ask me, it's a thin line between a criminal and a terrorist. But the important thing is, that you have people in the Ukraine parliament who used guns and maybe killed people. It's not important how we call them. People like that have no place in a institution like that.

Btw, oh woah, it's already 3:00 am here. Time surely passes fast.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Foucalt

Nikola014
reply to post by Foucalt

Just to be clear, I am not a Russian. I'm just a man who had the first hand experience in dealing with a west bringing democracy to his country. During that, I've lost half of my family. Thousands more.

You must be either young or naive to think that "revolutions" just happens. It's just people raising up against their governments. Well I'm sorry that I have to break that bubble for you. It's never the case. EVER. Every time a revolution breaks free, there is always a powerful country behind it. And I'm not talking about a minor riots. I'm talking about people getting armed and shooting at police( sounds familiar? ) .

Let's go back a little in past. During WW2, when Hitler asked Yugoslavia to let German troops pass to Greece and promised that no harm would be done to Yugoslavian people. Yugoslavian government first accepted that offer, but then, they got overthrown by the people. And of course, it ends up German army still passing through Yugoslavian land while killing a thousands of people. And later on we find out that, this revolution has been organized and supported by British and Russian secrets services. And this is a historical fact.

You are talking about people raising up against governments that our corrupted? Then why don't we have revolutions all over the world? USA, Europe, Asia?

Please, start using your mind.

I'm sorry for your losses, but your analysis of these situations goes about a millimeter deep.
It's true that revolutions don't "just happen." There's usually a variety of impetuses and sociological factors (some legitimate, some not so much). I'm fully aware of that. This doesn't entail that these revolutions and protests must be orchestrated by some foreign power, and citing one such instance which occurred in the heat of the largest and bloodiest war in human history does nothing to forward your argument.
The reason we don't just "have revolutions all over the world" is because, like it or not, Western-style governments are typically far less corrupt than Eastern/ less liberal ones (for example, the US, UK, and Canada are 19th, 14th, and 9th on the corruption index respectively, Ukraine, Russia, and Venezuela are 144th, 127th, and 160th - not exactly model numbers)

I have no problem with western sponsored revolutions in countries where regimes are corrupt, dictatorial and outright inefficient and hence not good for general populations. However, western "springs" have turned out to be nothing but chaos in society, economics and general well being of the people for whom these changes were intended.

The new "dudes" in power tend to be only little different in their "modus operandi" but not much different in terms of corruption and inefficiencies. In the Eastern Europe, except for Poland there have not been any other "above average" turnouts in economics and social well beings. The per capital income of Ukraine in 1991 was $8700 and now is barely $3800. They had their Orange Revolution ins 2004..........so what went wrong.

Time to change this method of "Country Springs". It is not working, despite all the good or bad intentions from the West. It ends up hurting people, as simple as that and this has to stop !!!!!!!!!!

Ukraine is a double case of NATO expansion motives via the Country Spring type chaos.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I see many posters here fall for the MSM meme and compare Putin to Hitler, and Russia to nazi Germany.
Just so you know, there was a REFERENDUM in Crimea where THE PEOPLE DECIDED to join Russia.
So, it was decided by the most democratic tool there is...
But that doesn't fit the narrative that TPTB, and some misguided people who still think that by hating Russia - that somehow makes them 'Patriots' (not to mention the Govt. shills) are pushing, so they either choose to ignore that fact, or simply call it 'unconstitutional' under Ukraine's law...
I'm guessing we should all remember the PRECEDENT that was set when Kosovo declared its independence?!
Putin doesn't aim to 'take Europe', nor will he attack Finland (or any other state in Europe).

This is a retarded thread. I'm out.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Lol you guys are stupid

Everything ever in the whole wide world was done by the CIA and Israel

Proven fact these days apparently and based on nothing

Lol you guys are hilarious

Look over there... it's not 1938 again

edit on 29-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
Everything ever in the whole side world was done by the CIA and Israel

Proven fact these days based on nothing

Lol you guys are hilarious

Look over there it's not 1938 again

You make no sense.
What are you trying to say?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IamTheManWithThePlan

Sorry I'm being sarcastic out of the sheer frustration of correcting delusional people

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join