It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Military Begins Massive Nuclear War Drill.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Russia is nothing but a regional power, they're doing all this out of weakness, not out of strength....

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

"Problem is that half of Russia's ballistic missiles are aimed at China as well"

No I think you are wrong and yes I know China has not been quite playing ping-pong over the Ukraine and see a chance to fill a void left by Russia in the west but both know that they must work as a team to stop the bully boy of the world who out to strike them both out.

So long as Russia has a good supply of long range missiles to strike at the aggressors heart (USA) and not just Europe then I for one will sleep better at night knowing that the wolf won't come calling whilst the bear is around.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yusomad

ketsuko

cosmonova

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by skuly

Well although ive been torn to shreds several times for having this view....

You poke Russia enough and sanction it ...it could lead to desperation.

We can argue all day long whether Russia had a right to Crimera...but beyond that you have one of the biggest super powers in the world on edge...and being pushed.

correct, and they are obviously not going to tolerate any more ignorance, double standards, hypocrisy from West.
Rightfully so. Ukraine is to close, this was alarm bell for Russia.

Too close for what?

Do we need to create a DMZ between Russia and the rest of the world now so they feel secure? How wide should it be?

Or should we just try to force Ukraine to have to ties with any other country in the world so that Russia can feel better about itself?

Did you miss the western funded coup d'etat that ousted yanukovich, who already said no to the EU, but had to call for elections later in the year because that same western pressure?
See, these are the double standards and hipicrisy you are being told about, and the russians fed up...
edit on 2014u31201403am30 by Yusomad because: (no reason given)

edit on 201400000054201403am30 by Yusomad because: typos & more

I am aware there's a gap between the western and central Ukraine - being more opposed to Russia and supportive of EU - and the south-eastern and east side - lots of russian speaking people. BUT I am not aware the US or the west in general funded the Euromaiden protests or in anyway manipulated the government functions of Ukraine. From my perspective, Yanukovych won the elections on false promises and was impeached based on his abandonment of them and, more importantly, his mishandling of the Euromaiden protests.

There was a chart floating around here a couple weeks ago which showed the support for Yanukovych during hte presidental election. It showed very clearly the divide between west/central and eastern side. Without the promises he made, one of which was to join EU, he wouldn't have won the election.

The best I can find is this:
en.wikipedia.org - File:Ukraine_Presidential_Feb_2010_Vote_(Yanukovych).png...
Located here: en.wikipedia.org - Viktor Yanukovych...

Show me the evidence the western countries funded the protests and the ensuing 73% support in a government vote to impeach Yanukovych.
edit on 31-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
not sure if its just me but this Russian thing seems a bit pointless they basically saying `look at my big army with 60 year old equipment and look at all my cold war era equipment I can use on you. i can take what I want` now im not saying that Russia isn't to be feared because that would be idiocy they could conquer most of Europe if they so wished all be it with heavy losses but in my opinion they have seriously lagged behind in the global arms race that's secretly going on.just look at the their rifles ak47 lovely weapon for close range engagements but at medium range 300 yards it seriously is the biggest p.o.s on the planet you might as well try to throw it at them then you have there beloved t90 which is a broken upgrade of a t72bu and couldn't even take on a challenger 1(which is excellent but outdated) and then finally the awesome su27 which couldn't handle a single f22 with 3 su 27

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

"I think the only countries that agree with Putin's style of diplomacy is North Korea, Syria and Iran"

The UN vote went 101 against Russia, Ten with Russia and i think it was 56 that abstained with reports of smaller countries informing Russia that they had been bullied into voting against Russia so I think you need to add a few more to your list.

Putin's style of democracy seem better to me than what we have in the west just now where a man got killed for camping out in the wrong place and another man only got 8 years probation for raping his own children but that's just me.

Do you think Putin's diplomacy in the Crimea where everyone got a vote was worse then in the Ukraine where the elected PM was removed at the point of a gun and 86 people got shot because again we would have to disagree not that I am saying you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepy01

Tell me do you know who took all the big sections up to the ISS station like 30 Tons in weight and who could only manage to take 6 ton weights up ?

I say 'could' because the shuttle is now grounded

OK who had tanks in the second world war that could stand up to state of the art German tanks that cost ten times less and who supplied tanks at and inflated price to Europe most commonly know as a Ronson Lighter ?

What about those torpedo's Russia has that can travel at 700km an hour under water ?

The USA has stealth fighters that cost about $1bn each but did you know that the old rapier missile system can spot these jets well beyond visual range or was you fooled by the excuse that stealth was not turned on at the time.

Do you know about the Russian fighter pilot that defected to the west and took a fighter jet along with him and how they laughed when engineers discovered that the fighter jets used glass value technology, well it was funny until they finally worked out why.

It's the old $0.10 pencil the Russians used in space after NASA spent $1m on developing a pen that would work in space type of argument but I think you will find that Russia is more than capable of delivering a bloody nose to the USA and if you cast your mind back to Georgia then look how Russia wiped the aggressor aside with his "American Systems" once the tanks started to roll.

"look at my big army with 60 year old equipment and look at all my cold war era equipment"

The lunatics from Washington that all have a second home in Israel would like you to all think this so that you don't get too upset whilst they play Russian routlet with Russia but you are a braver man than me if you ever wanted to start a war with Russia and it's 60 year old equipment like the AK47 that's still a number one assault platform.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

skuly

Now lets just wait for obama to send a message back by cancelling putins pay-pal account
after he gets back from the golf course.

edit on 29/3/2014 by skuly because: typo

No Obama will do something worse and start talking about reducing our Nuclear forces more since our commanders can not seem to be able to control them.

What Russia said is that they will use nukes if we launch a large conventional attack like "Desert Storm" where they will loose in the air and our superior bombing would destroy all their assets. They can not risk that onslaught so they would use nukes. The same simulation was made in the movie "First Strike". It is about how WW3 would have started in Germany during the cold war however when Russia loses in the air they have no choice but to go nuclear.

That is why they do not want a missile defense system in Europe because they will never be able to win the war they obviously want to fight, the sick bastards.

A highly mobile missile defense system is what Russia is working on and pretty much what it has in their new S-500 system and what we need based off our Navy's very successful SM-3 interceptors, Obama needs to step down and get out of the way before Putin tries to take European nations at will. If we deploy them in the U.S. and Europe in big numbers Russia will no longer be able to threaten any of its neighbors.

I find it sickening that the U.S. and Europe will listen to Russia cry about our missile defense systems when not one dam person says anything about theirs who will render any attack by NATO pretty much useless if they get enough of them.

The one things the Russians do very well is build very good surface to air missiles so the thought they are building the S-500 should scare the crap out of anyone let alone people in Europe.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepy01

The problem is Russia can use its vast numbers like it did against Germany. What everyone fears is that doing anything to stop his degraded army is that it takes a big risk of getting nuked if you start to slaughter Russian troops.

One can only hope is that we have a HAARP that really destroys ICBMS and something that kills tactical nukes if need be.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Cydonia2012
Russia is nothing but a regional power, they're doing all this out of weakness, not out of strength....

China is a regional power in military terms, not Russia. Russia can still move a lot of troops in a decent amount of time. China can only use oil tankers or walk their troops to invade something unless its a not so far away island. Russia still has a decent amount of cargo airlift capability and a not so small Navy. Let alone all those thousand nukes.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Patriotsrevenge

Cydonia2012

China is a regional power in military terms, not Russia. Russia can still move a lot of troops in a decent amount of time. China can only use oil tankers or walk their troops to invade something unless its a not so far away island. Russia still has a decent amount of cargo airlift capability and a not so small Navy. Let alone all those thousand nukes.

Russia's #1 Enemy is NATO and vrs the main NATO muscle i.e. the US............Russia is far from par.

Among the decent componets of Russian military are nuke missiles, certain elite troops like VDVs and some intelligence structures overseas.

If fighting with the US, Russia has less than 15% chance of being able to project power at long distances.

Many more enemies of Russia are within its own borders than overseas. US/NATO know of this weakness and hence are constantly piling pressure from outside, hoping for structure to fall with few jolts.

It was the idiotic Soviet Army which sat on sidelines in 1991 when Yeltsin broke the Soviet Union into pieces. What good were the trillions spent up on the Soviet Military when at the real time of need they stood on the sidelines grinning like low self esteemed idiots. #kkking PIMPS !!!
edit on 31-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

rjbaggins

BeliefInReality
reply to post by skuly

Crazy thing is, if you replace Russia with America in this article, all the anti-American ATS posters would be coming out in droves to demonize the US. Instead my guess is a majority of comments on this thread will be pro Pootin and will laud him as "a great leader defending his people against western aggression."

Pootin has his own flock of sheeple these days.

Well said. They won't be talking much about China and Putin after China has snubbed it nose on Putin's aggressive behavior. But they will find a way to somehow justify the maniac's actions and blame the west for it. I think the only countries that agree with Putin's style of diplomacy is North Korea, Syria and Iran.

That's funny that you mention Syria... Syria is Russia's only real friend in the Middle East. Lots of Russians there, even a strategic naval base.

Obama almost bombed Syria until the Russians undercut the west via international diplomacy. But the USA has never stopped supporting the insurgency with weapons and money, the same insurgency that has resulted in the deaths of over 100,000 people. The same insurgency declared as "Syrian freedom fighters" in the west, but are actually mercenaries from Chechen, Libyan, Iraqi, Azerbaijani, Tunisian, Saudi, Qatari, Yemeni, Afghan, etc etc. on top of this, Turkey and Israel have attacked Syria several times, killing many Syrians in an attempt to provoke Syria into a conventional war.

But you describe Putin as the maniac. By the way, did you know that there are shoot outs in Maiden right now between the Right Sector radicals and the radicals the took over the Ukraine government? How many people did the Russians shoot again?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

But you describe Putin as the maniac.
reply to post by Vovin

In the western books, anyone not towing their line and instead standing up for his country.........is a maniac.

Wherever these NEOCon western interests poke their 'cursed' nose.......chaos, destruction, destitution, misery, poverty spreads.

Someone needs to chop their noses off !!!

No wonder Putin hurried to halt them beyond the borders.........in Ukraine.
edit on 1-4-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a version of the use of nuclear weapons in 1812 in Moscow map damage to page grey color www.vedamost.info... killed between 30,000 and 90,000 French, Moscow was burned, the French fled in terror. if we could have 200 + years ago who want to attack us? him is not enough imagination to imagine what we can do today
edit on 1/4/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
quote Diary of a Charles
Artois, Lieutenant Napoleon
army. The diary described
Moscow events and details
return of the Russian army. Now
manuscript goes through a series of examinations, but
excerpts from her courtesy
owner, was familiar. "I
stood in the courtyard of a large Russian house.
Low sun flooded Moscow
golden light. Suddenly
ignited a second sun, bright, white,
dazzling. It was located on the
twenty degrees higher than the first,
true, and shone no more than five
seconds, but managed to singe face
Fields Berger, relax on the balcony.
Walls and roof houses began to smoke.
I ordered the soldiers to pour out on the roof
several dozens of buckets of water and a
those measures were rescued
homestead. In other estates,
closer to the latter-day
luminary, fires started. It is this
mysterious celestial flash and
was the cause of the terrible fire,
Moscow destroyed ... "

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
quote Lieutenant later remarked: "Go
losing his hair. I shared sim
sad discovery with Zhirdenom - but
he had the same trouble. I'm afraid that soon
our entire squad - but that squad, the whole
regiment regiment become bald ... Many
horse seriously ill, that puts in
deadlock veterinarians. As healers
bipeds, they claim that all
cause malignant miasma,
dissolved air in Moscow ...
Finally, the decision was made: we leave
Moscow. Leave, did not know anything,
afflicted, weakened,
frail, powerless. One only
hope to see his native France
gives courage, otherwise we would have preferred
would just lie down and die - to
of our bad
condition ... "
edit on 1/4/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Mods please remove this cause your site just had a brain fart lol
edit on 1-4-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

eriktheawful
However, MAD has become a bit lopsided. The US over time has built a very good defense or interception system. We have kept up our nuclear system and have even better guidance systems with them. Where as Russia on the other had has not (fall of the soviet union, political change, lack of money to spend on it, etc).

This is not true. The USA over time has built a good light air attack and surveillance system for operations like Afghanistan.

The ballistic missile defense is completely inadequate to make any difference to Russian strategic missiles---it's just a matter of asymmetric technical problems, defense is much harder than offense. Russia has always had excellent missile technology---the USA's ICBM technology is late 60's generation with only minor upgrades. The USA has not developed or deployed any new nuclear weapon system since 1990, but Russia has.

Russia's complaints about the trivial interceptors are completely bogus.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Of course I agree that Russia has been guilty of the exact thing in the past, along with most countries. I would have to say the fault is not of the country, but of people. I think it's just a human condition.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard sorry for the long reply been in phase one for 6 weeks only just got home
1.you first point has nothing to do my argument so what Russia can move 30 tons in weight that's not going to be of any use in conventional warfare
2.you looking at the past to much yes 70 years ago they did have one of the only tanks that could stand up to the Germans but in the 1980s the soviets sent in roughly 100,000 troops 1800 tank and god only knows how many aircraft yet they still came run back out with head between their legs screaming `no more`
3. did you know about that Russian sub called the Kursk which according to Russians was the best of its kind in the world yet some say it was struck once a p.o.s American torpedo and basically blew up instantaneously
4.the Russian never had the rapier missile system it was British I know because my brother was royal engineer for 15 years and worked on them on numerous occasions and the only way the Russian would have access to them is if they raided a m.o.d storage facility
5.the glass value thing I've got nothing
finally the Georgia thing the only thing I can liken it to is a man stepping on cockroach and by that I mean Russia one of the largest armies in the world Georgia however didn't even have a reliable defense force. Not to mention the fact that Russian didn't send troops first they bombed them out of existence then sent in 10,000 troops to get rid of any resistance that was left. and to you last remark about being braver than you everybody's braver than somebody. even you

edit on 2-5-2014 by sheepy01 because: wrong info

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2014 by sheepy01 because: info was wrong

<< 1  2    4 >>

join