It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Video: N.A.T.O Defense Shield, Putin Laughs in Reporters Face

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Putin is laughing at the interviewers idea that the missile defense is aimed at Iran, not Russia. I totally agree. Iran does not have a reason to attack the middle of Europe or Poland. The Iran defense argument is just BS to emplace short range, fast, and hard to defend against missiles against the Russians.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

True, like all staged interviews from all aspects of media. Whether it be NBC, CNN, Fox, RT, RIA Novosti, Al jezzera, BBC, CBC...you can't really trust any of them. They are all pushing the agenda of the people who own them, in one way or another.

The video is very interesting though. Real or not, I have a feeling it makes sense as to why he is laughing. It was said that NATO built the MDS for Iran, not Russia...CLEARLY it is for Russia, hence the push to put it all along their borders. It is indeed a laughable comment on behalf of NATO, real or not.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It is against Russia

I'd laugh to, just not as freakish

When you constantly make no bones about rivalling, throwing spanners in the works of everything the west does out of jealousy and arming people who want to destroy the west also, you will raise question marks about intentions and paint a nice big fat target over your head, I don't know a single human being who says they could tolerate the same type of behaviour from a jealous friend

It's a defence, and it's a strong defence against you, you sneaky Russians

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't speak Russian, but it looks like different interviews cut together to me.

Nice work, very funny

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Foucalt
If the translation is correct, then he's retarded. The missile interceptors proposed by the US would be virtually useless against a Russian nuclear attack (leaving aside the fact that they have nuclear capable submarines which could evade the interceptors). They can simply put too many missiles into the air for the US to plausibly defend against (the Strategic Defense Initiative found that out already). The US' defense against nuclear war with Russia has been and continues to be the doctrine of MAD - the US can end life on the planet, Russia can end life on the planet, neither of us have any interest in doing that, so neither of us will. Simple enough.

Wrong. On so many levels.

The NATO ABM network is part of an offensive doctrine. It is to promote the idea that NATO would hold the upper hand and have a higher survivability probability should it carry out the first strike. The NATO ABM network virtually surrounds Russia, aside from their end of the Arctic, and is a continuation of the "containment" policy that the USA carried out against the USSR.

There's also much more involved than just setting up an ABM battery in some country, which is what the do-good NATO types want to portray. Setting up ABMs means establishing security treaties with certain countries, which leads to economic treaties, and eventually it looks like a tug-of-war for influence over those countries. Also, ABMs require logistics and support, which means NATO supply lines and NATO soldiers deployed to "protect" their ABM shield. Radar networks are established in support of ABM networks.

In the event of a nuclear exchange, the Russians know that the NATO ABMs could intercept some of their outgoing ICBMs, so Russia would have to spend critical moments bombarding ABM sites with conventional missiles like Iskanders, to ensure a higher success rate.

And it is as if we have learned nothing from the Cold War, where such massive deployment of military infrastructure can almost unleash full retaliation just because they pick up a flock of seagulls on the radar screens. You do nothing to prevent the chance of nuclear exchange by deploying nuclear exchange infrastructure all along Russia's borders.

And to be more concerned about Iran launching missiles at Europe than Pakistan and India nuking eachother is pure insanity.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

McGinty
I don't speak Russian, but it looks like different interviews cut together to me.

Nice work, very funny

Actually it seems to be a video of a german reporter whose question is overlayed with a Russian translation while there are english subtitles.

This seems to be the original video in german:

www.youtube.com...

I don't speak russian, but the translation of the german part is accurate.

Also, as far as I know, the idea of the so called Defense Shield is to shoot down the remaining ICBMs that get launched in retaliation after a US nuclear first strike against Russia.
By the way, before it was said to be installed against Iran, the propaganda machine called it a defense against North Korea... until someone actuall looked at a map and discovered that they would shoot their missiles over the Pacific instead of Europe. It was laughable really.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Putin seemed pretty worried back in 2011, iirc.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by StarlightNine

I kind of like Putin myself. I know everyone will smell blood in the water when I say that. He's pretty straightforward. It's more than I can say for a lot of other leaders. He seems to walk the walk that he talks and I can respect that even though I may not always agree with it.

I agree. He may not be a nice or good person (though I dont know that really) but I give him at least some credit because he says what he means, and means what he says. More than I can say for most "leaders."

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sirrurg

Good research. That's the end of this story!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join