It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Day in the Life of the Corporate SME

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

This fits my husband's life perfectly. He's the expert in this video at a lot of meetings. His answer to the situation? "I can meet you halfway. I can draw two red, perpendicular lines, and the rest will be transparent and perpendicular ..."

(Oh, SME is the acronym for Subject Matter Expert where my husband works.)

Ah, corporate America ...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

HAHA, good one.

I know this feel very well myself, as a programmer, not an expert, but i still get to go to does troublesome meetings.

Thanks for the laugh

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Oh so terribly, terribly true.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Neph89

Subject Matter Expert is just fancy way of saying, "We want you at this meeting, but we really have no actual reason why you need to be there." He gets put in that position though because he has a lot of experience in his department and knows how things are supposed to work.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You have no idea how close to reality this is when you work for the Government!

P

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Ha, I'm not an expert by any means in my field, but as an IT Support/Programmer, this is a daily part of my life. In my case though, someone who isn't a programmer will say "OK, we have just told a client that we can write them an app that will pull all their records from the database - I need it in 10 minutes, developed in Ruby." (Or another similar scenario). My response is usually "Okay, you think this can be done in 10 minutes? Please come over and watch how long it takes me to build it".

You know, at the end of those kind of days, I'm going to take a lesson from the clip, and say "Look, I'm a [censored] expert ; I can do anything"

Awesome video

-fossilera

top topics

join