It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-2 to Fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Remember the idea of growing algea in brakish waters and extracting their oils to produce gas diesel and jet fuel?

Wonder how that's coming along?

Well, before this thead gets tossed because "already posted"
I searched "Joule" "Co-2 to fuel"
Under biofuels I did find similar articles but not the same : www.abovetopsecret.com...
So here is what I found today while trying to see how these technologies are coming along :

breakingenergy.com...
"Joule is a biotech firm developing a breakthrough photosynthesis based system for the production of liquid fuels using biocatalysts fueled by sunlight and carbon dioxide.

The Joule process looks like many of the algal biofuel processes from the outside, but under the hood it is completely different."

I just think this stuff is really interesting
I still want energon cubes though...but if this keeps my car going I'll take it

X

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
More from same article:
"Joule’s process removes the biomass out of the equation and uses genetically modified bacteria to produce ethanol or hydrocarbons directly and continuously from the cells themselves. The bacteria are circulated through a series of tubes filled with water, nutrients and carbon dioxide exposed to sunlight. Over the course of the process the fuel product, be it ethanol, diesel, or other hydrocarbons are separated out in a continuous fashion"

So they don't use the regular squeezing the oils from biomass, they have bacteria that creates the fuel product directly?
Cool

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

A minature version in the car would be great if you could use the co2 from the exhaust somehow you could be constantly topping up your fuel as you burn it.
Or a giant version to connect to coal powerstations to mop up excess co2 and turn into fuel.

Could be a very helpful technology I think.
Good find!

new topics

join