It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violinist Blows the Internet Away With ‘Incredible’ New Music Video: ‘I Can’t Get Enough of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Violinist Lindsey Stirling has taken the Internet by storm with her latest original song — and after watching the music video, you’ll immediately understand why.

Achieving more than 1 million views since being posted online Tuesday, individuals on YouTube have lauded the single as “breathtaking” and “beautiful.”

“I can’t get enough of this,” one user commented. “I love it so much. Just beautiful.”

All I can say is FANTASTIC!

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Pretty cool, but I have never been a fan of the dubstep style of music which this and most of her music is similar to.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

AprilFooseball

Pretty cool, but I have never been a fan of the dubstep style of music which this and most of her music is similar to.

Yeah kinda new age...but soothing after a bad day.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yea she's been around for a few years now killin it on the net. I gotta say though her ability to lay down some really good notes while dancing are phenomenal. There is a making the video behind the scenes for her first video though I forget its name. She really is playing while dancing like that.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I would like to see her and this fellow:

www.youtube.com...

Apologies for the lack of embedding, but my computer for some reason hates doing that at the moment.

Anyway, this man can drum to Pendulum.... watch the video, and pay particular attention to his left hand. Holy Jesus. Anyway, his drumming, and this ladies violin skills must come together. The reason I say this, is that I have no love for electronic drums. With the addition of a genuine drummer of his quality, this fantastic violinist could make her already popular video, utterly irresistable across the board.

Her skill is obviously vast, and she works from the heart, and plays with great soul, which is wonderful to hear, but I can understand people being put off by the electronic drum machine which clearly was used to create the beat here.

Amazing work none the less, and lovely to hear.

Got hold of my iPad, and thusly....

edit on 29-3-2014 by TrueBrit because: Adding embedded video.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
She is a very talented woman. However, this is more to my liking...

edit on 29-3-2014 by darkwingduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The video was nice, the music was ok... But incredible? Blowing the internet away?

Sorry, it was neat and all, but I've seen and heard better.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That was awesome! True McGuire and Stirling would make a great combo!

Thank you truebrit and nighthawk for posting these!

edit on 29-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

She's listened to a lot of Jean Luc Ponty (electric-jazz fusion). His influence from all his recordings is obvious in her style....

Its not "new" by any means...Look at his recordings from the 1980's...same sound...and his work with Mahivishnu Orchestra....(and he plays violin with a wah-wah at times) over his spacey compositions and orchestrations.

Give Jean Luc a listen!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I like the music but am I the only one who thinks the sound resembles the opera in the 1998 movie "The Fifth Element".

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Sheeeeeeeeesh

edit on 30-3-2014 by fivefister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join