It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House looks to regulate cow flatulence as part of climate agenda!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Americans lives use to be pretty damn good until they start letting government play god.

Yeah, slavery was cool. Made life pretty damn good.
Stupid government messed that one up.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

Well when it comes to curbing pollution, the US government has a far better record than the majority of private concerns.

Are you EFFING serious ?

I guess pay no attention to all the flouride in the water, and the decades of nuclear testing, and all the cluster bombs all over the globe, and the DU rounds all over the place in the middle east.

'Far better track record' my snip.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am not trying to, but so far, the only thing you have truly said is that china does it, therefore we shouldn't have to.

THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID.

What it does it makes it someone elses problem.

Redistributes pollutions to other places.

And yes you are trying too.

Intentionally ?

neo96
reply to post by Phage

Yes. The point is that pollution regulation works an

No it doesn't and China is the biggest reason it doesn't.

Your words.
The conclusion drawn then is..if it doesn't work in china, it wont work anywhere....
I accept your apology

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

neo96

It reduces pollution here.

And ?

Isn't the GD point to 'save the planet' and reduced mans impact across the globe ?

That is what is being sold by the 'global warming' crowd.

It reduces pollution here, destroys trilions in wealth, destroys jobs, and doesn't do what the EFF it is sold as doing.

I think the point is to save ourselves really. The stuff we produce is not naturally being produced by the Earths natural processes. Humans can only withstand so much toxicity, trying to combat that IS logical.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Methane from cattle has long been a known greenhouse "gas emission" (lol at this context). It was one of the top contenders for greenhouse effects even 20 years ago as we have increased cattle populations globally beyond what there would ever be normally within nature. It's all those fast food burger joints really. Ruminants like cows actually produce large amounts of methane due to what they eat. The woody fibers of the grasses they munch on get broken down by symbiotic bacteria in their gut so they can digest it. That's how the methane gets produced and in such high quantities. It's like have bacterial termites in their belly (termites being another methane producer).

As ridiculous as blaming a big problem on cow farts seems, the levels of methane that cows produce is very considerable. This barn actually blew up from methane buildup: www.nydailynews.com... The subject stinks but not in the "untrue" type of way.

Cattle also pose other issues to farmland and the environment via overgrazing. Overgrazing has been known to induce what's called "desertification". Their hooves can also worsen the problems at the same time, inducing soil erosion. There's a scientist actually trying to work a way so that we can have our cattle and burgers, too, by utilizing livestock to actually stop desertification through mimicking more natural herding patterns. Kind of interesting. Desertification due to overgrazing is actually a global issue and not just in the US. You can find it being talked about in areas as varied as Zimbabwe to New Zealand. Same with cow farts.

www.scientificamerican.com...

We're not vegans in my household but we do limit how much red meat we eat. Every action and choice we make actually does have a consequence on the planet. Whereas I know our choices is unlikely to have a whole lot of effect on the grand scheme of things, I'd rather be one less family that is part of the problem as opposed to just saying "screw it, the more the merrier". A lot of times I think that what I'm seeing is a very slow seppuku by the bulk of humanity because they forgot that they are part of nature. Technically, it's a murder/suicide though because those who want to think that they don't have any effect--even combined--are dragging the rest of us with them.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I guess pay no attention to all the flouride in the water, and the decades of nuclear testing, and all the cluster bombs all over the globe, and the DU rounds all over the place in the middle east.
Flouride isn't pollution. Nuclear testing was a bad idea and was stopped, sort of like dumping crap into rivers was a bad idea and was stopped.

War has never been good for the environment or much else.
edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by neo96

You just said in another post that you didn't care about those other places.

If you do indeed care, what is YOUR solution for getting rid of pollution across the world?

I don't have one because I am not arrogant enough to think I can control the world.

Unlike others.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I recommend we (the global community) spend a decent amount in trying to emulate fake meat..soyburgers that taste as good as the real thing but cheaper obviously. Then we would have less need for cows and pastureland. I would have no issues in eating some sort of veggiesteak if it tasted and had the texture of the real McCoy. That to me is just as important if not moreso than methane research. People hate giving up even a little bit of comfort, even at the expense of their great grandchildrens lives...its simply our nature...a biological necessity to be selfish like every other living thing on earth.

So, research that keeps the quality of life while marginalizing the effect is what is needed here.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Phage
War has never been good for the environment or much else.
edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Its good for ammo manufacturing..and construction companies

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

neo96

kaylaluv
reply to post by neo96

You just said in another post that you didn't care about those other places.

If you do indeed care, what is YOUR solution for getting rid of pollution across the world?

I don't have one because I am not arrogant enough to think I can control the world.

Unlike others.

So your solution is to do nothing, until we all die off from lack of oxygen. Nice. I'm glad you're not in control.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, slavery was cool. M

Apparently some people think it is still cool.

Hey government give me a job, give me a home, educate me, give me free healthcare, and please make sure the air I breathe is all nice, and clean, and the water is too.

Please government, please,please,please cater to 'my' ever nuerosis!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

neo96

Well when it comes to curbing pollution, the US government has a far better record than the majority of private concerns.

Are you EFFING serious ?

'Far better track record' my snip.

Funny you should mention it, flouride is a PRIVATE lobby that has influenced policy all around the globe. The government does not produce the flouride, but you seem to think they do.

Nuclear testing, much of it done at the behest of PRIVATE lobby who seeks to enrich people who profit from nuclear testing and implementation.

Cluster bombs and DU, once again, created by PRIVATE INDUSTRY and sold to the government, for profit.

Do you see a pattern?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Your words.

These are my words:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I accept your apology

Never offered one, and not going to.

Because someone is stil intentionally misrepresenting what was said.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So your solution is to do nothing, until we all die off from lack of oxygen. Nice. I'm glad you're not in control.

Beats lying to the pubic, making up hobgoblins leading the public to think it's actually gives a snip about them.

Here:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. In Defense of Women (1918

en.wikiquote.org...
edit on 29-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Apparently some people think it is still cool.

Slaves are catered to?

Hey government give me a job, give me a home, educate me, give me free healthcare, and please make sure the air I breathe is all nice, and clean, and the water is too.

Yeah, there are sponges out there but there are also people who are genuinely in need. Guess you don't care much though.

Guess you don't care about clean air and water either.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Slaves are catered to?

Yep, and to think all they have to do is offer than 'cotton crop' called a vote.

Yeah, there are sponges out there but there are also people who are genuinely in need. Guess you don't care much though.

Nice what a BS comment.

'I don't care' about people because I don't support government fascism.

For the record some people need to EFFING stop telling me what I care about.

They don't know me.

edit on 29-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

neo96
Because someone is stil intentionally misrepresenting what was said.

I think were done talking. you are representing yourself and your "side" quite nicely in this thread.

link   

beezzer
reply to post by neo96

It's only a matter of time before they regulate the air we breathe, the rain that falls, the sun that shines, all in the name of the new religion of Global-Climate-Change-Warming-Cooling-It-Might-Rain-Later-Or-Not.

I don't know how to break this to ya, my fellow Bunny... But.. well, I may as well just spit it out.

Those crazy humans have these "clean air" board thingys with regulatory power already. (gasp!)

It's illegal in some places, as we sit here munching grass, to collect the very rain that falls from the sky.

I think the carbon taxes will cover the sunshine mitigation efforts.... (sigh of defeat)

We may as well just bunker in to our comfy holes and enjoy the show. It's a wild one out there.

link   
reply to post by neo96

'I don't care' about people because I don't support government fascism.
You seemed to be complaining about various forms of government aid.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by neo96

When fascism comes to America it wil be wrapped in the gleeful cheers of we must give up the little freedoms we have left, under the false delusion it's to 'save the planet'.

Freedoms like #ting in our own nest.
Got it.

LOL. Appropriate and awesome, Phage. Quoted for truth.

God bless America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join