It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House looks to regulate cow flatulence as part of climate agenda!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's really not much of a tax scam when the environmental cost has been shifted to every human on the planet. Every corporation, factory farm, tree logging, plastic manufacturer, oil company... etc, has gotten off without having to pay for investing in ways to keep the planet clean and greenhouse gases down. They get off without having to pay much for labor too.

What is the alternative? We just keep letting things go as they are? Even if global warming was a hoax and it's not... polluting the air with other chemicals, the water supply and the soil can only go on for so long. Air pollution is literally killing people in China.

Our regulatory agencies absolutely suck, they are populated with the very people supposed to be being regulated. Now I'm all for keeping government small and one day I'd love to see a time when we can do away with government all together, but as long as corporate persons refuse to behave like responsible humans that live on this planet, I don't see much choice. Same as because people steal cars and commit rape and assault, we can't do away with law enforcement. Both need to be fixed, not done away with... at least until corporations stop behaving like spoiled children.

I despise authority as much as you and Neo do, that doesn't give me the right or the luxury to stick my head in the sand and pretend things will be just fine if only government goes away.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have to say that I agree with Neo on this topic.

Regulation has run our economy stagnant.

Need proof, just look how many people are living off the governments dime. Good jobs are being lost by the thousands only to be replaced by low wage jobs.

As a sheetmetal worker I see this first hand. The number of big powerplant jobs and manufacturing jobs not being made or cut out because of too strict regulation is getting crazy.

There have been numerous power plant plans that have already been axed because they cannot meet the strict EPA requirements. Hell there is a few power plants that are talking of shutting down or scaling back production because the friggin technology isn't even available to get the CO2 PPM down to the new regulated amount coming up here in the real near future.

Seriously what is the point people? How does one enjoy a clean environment when they are too worried about putting food on the table? If we don't stop regulating at crazy levels we will pay a serious price when the ammount of people that can't put food on the table outweighs the people screaming for a cleaner environment.

With that being sad I do not and did not say corporations should have free reign on polluting. There has to be a happy medium. But the amount of decent paying jobs is declining, I don't care what gov't propaganda numbers you pull up. The proof is all around us. Does Detroit ring a bell. What about the thousands of vacant buildings around
St Louis?

Would you like fries with that?

edit on 30-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: spelling and grammar

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Next is a PVC tube up your rear , with a pilot flame at the end.
I swear, it goes about as serious to me as the cow thing, and perhaps , since there are more people than cows, those idiots might even consider it a plausible idea.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Let me see if I got this right... Regulation is Nazi... And too much Nazi regulation is what led to the economic depression that put so many people out of work. Is that the narrative we're going with? I just want to make sure, because I thought it was poor lazy people we were blaming, or illegal immigrants, or Big Environmentalists.... But its Nazi Regulations... Is that it?

Makes perfect sense if you don't really think about it.
edit on 31-3-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Because Americans apparently too bloody good to 'breathe' dirty air.

The nerve of some people! How can anyone not like breathing dirty air? It's not like our respiratory health is important.

It's kind of ironic that the guy with the avatar of a gas mask, is taking issue with people who don't want to breath dirty air.

Your disdain for self preservation is the dream of plutocratic assholes who don't see the big picture. You are you're own worst enemy. What good is a job when you're dead from cancer?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Global Warming Causes

One of the first things scientists learned is that there are several greenhouse gases responsible for warming, and humans emit them in a variety of ways. Most come from the combustion of fossil fuels in cars, factories and electricity production. The gas responsible for the most warming is carbon dioxide, also called CO2. Other contributors include methane released from landfills and agriculture (especially from the digestive systems of grazing animals), nitrous oxide from fertilizers, gases used for refrigeration and industrial processes, and the loss of forests that would otherwise store CO2.

I would like to know, do you think ANY of these "greenhouse gas" causes should be regulated? Should we remove all regulations on vehicle emissions, factory pollution and the digestive systems of grazing animals? I mean, if regulations are bad across the board, should regulations on the food we buy be removed? Should any bacteria-filled, salmonella laced or even drug-laced foods be available for public consumption? Should hospitals and restaurants be permitted to operate in any way THEY see fit without having to meet cleanliness or safety regulations? Should the air we breathe and the water we drink be filthy with animal feces and chemicals from production facilities? Should people be permitted to build houses with asbestos?

I'd LOVE to hear your answer to these questions. It's easy to sit in your safe environment (made possible in part by government regulations) and spout out nonsense like I see from your posts in this thread. It's easy to claim that global warming is a hoax or whatever you're trying to claim, but the FACT is that we (and our cows) are CAUSING climate change and denying it is like denying the spherical shape of the planet on which we live.
edit on 3/31/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Perhaps rather than the government keep the agenda to tax us into oblivion like is already doing with other of this administration great ideas like ACA, they should try to legislate the dirty and stinky flatulence that is coming from the white house, in the last 6 years we have more pollution and dirt produced by congress stupid laws and the Chief in command pen power than any cow or human fart in earth .

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes we have to agree that clima is changing but we can not disregard history and the earth cycles of changing patterns of weather.

But the global warming or clima change is just another agenda from a crafty way of the globalist to make money to enrich their coffers while getting countries to legislate with laws the taxation of t heir populations, while they will create new ways to profit the best.

Meanwhile earth will do what earth does, I hope that no globalist bunkers survive when nature claim earth and get rid of us pesky humans.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Let me see if I got this right... Regulation is Nazi...

Yeah it is since it sure the hell isn't 'liberal'.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I would like to know, do you think ANY of these "greenhouse gas" causes should be regulated? S

IS the US the only country in the world ?

NO.

Most of the world doesn't give a ratts behind what Americans think.

Since there are other countries in the world how does any action here change the world in anyway shape or form ?

It doesn't.

The US does not nor will it ever control the world.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

neo96

I would like to know, do you think ANY of these "greenhouse gas" causes should be regulated? S

IS the US the only country in the world ?

NO.

Most of the world doesn't give a ratts behind what Americans think.

Since there are other countries in the world how does any action here change the world in anyway shape or form ?

It doesn't.

The US does not nor will it ever control the world.

For one thing, we essentially do control the world.... which isn't a good thing but it is so. For another, several other countries, including developing countries already have environmental policies that surpass the US in terms of regulating greenhouse gas emissions and air/ground/water pollution. US industry is already looking to move from China to other Nations because China is about to get real tough on pollution. India is currently facing a growing labor/safety/environmental revolution... so likely US manufacturing will move to select few African countries once we're done de-stablizing then re-stablizing. But, then what? What happens when the cheap, polluted labor revolts there?

US industry is literally running away from the things it factors out (by virtue of passing on cost to world governments, taxpayers and citizens) of the cost of business... labor and environment. It is a big planet, but a it is still a finite planet. What then?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

For one thing, we essentially do control the world.... which isn't a good thing but it is so

Thought people were tired of the US playing the 'world policeman'.

And no we don't.

How did that turn out in Libya,Iraq,Afghanistan,Syria, Georgia,Crimea,Ukranie ?

We control nothing.

edit on 31-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am tired of it, I said it was NOT a good thing. Doesn't change the reality of it. I can't look at painting that I loved because I was going through a phase but now think is hideous and pretend that someone else made me buy it, nor can I look it and pretend it isn't there.

Just because the areas we go into are a mess, doesn't mean we don't control them.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

. Doesn't change the reality of it.

The reality of it is the US government doesn't solve problems.

It creates them so it can take more power, and makes them demonstrably worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

marg6043

Yes we have to agree that clima is changing but we can not disregard history and the earth cycles of changing patterns of weather.

But the global warming or clima change is just another agenda from a crafty way of the globalist to make money to enrich their coffers while getting countries to legislate with laws the taxation of t heir populations, while they will create new ways to profit the best.

Meanwhile earth will do what earth does, I hope that no globalist bunkers survive when nature claim earth and get rid of us pesky humans.

The fact is many people think the climate is not changing due to the rhetoric that many of you use. In fact you guys marginalize it every chance you get, this thread mentioning cow farts is the perfect example. You guys make it seem like a joke, or the environment is for pussies, or there is nothing wrong with the environment, or that we can help ourselves as a species.

"but we can not disregard history and the earth cycles of changing patterns of weather."

Yet it is all but common to disregard science that has been conducted independently around the globe by hundreds of scientists. You guess WILLFULLY disregard the history and the factual data that shows that this process is speeding up.
And if all else fails, just pretend that the cause is ambiguous. just like you guys do...

The most comedic thing about your contribution is this notion.

"is just another agenda from a crafty way of the globalist to make money to enrich their coffers while getting countries to legislate with laws the taxation of t heir populations, while they will create new ways to profit the best."

Meanwhile GASOLINE, and coal, and fracking are exactly how the GLOBALISTS enrich their coffers, precisely.

It is almost too good that you miss this point. While you say you worry about the globalists, you ensure that they can continue on their agenda by obscuring the truth however possible.

On a side note; this is the brand of idiocy that is absolutely tragic in America. That you can't see it is even more tragic.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Often, yes. Always? No. And as long as exploitation of any kind exists, we will keep finding ways to need government.

Can you answer something Neo?

If an oil refiner wants to set up in your town, with no regulations in place they are free to dump toxic materials into your towns drinking water supply. Are you okay with that? You'll just move and boycott the company? What if it's the only oil refinery company in the US? You'll switch to gas, electricity? What if that company owns them too? No regulations, no limits to prevent monopolies.

Sure US government screws a lot of people ten ways from Sunday, so do private corporations. What to do?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

The fact is many people think the climate is not changing due to the rhetoric that many of you use

The fact is no one is has 'denied' the climate isn't changing.

IT has done so for 5 billion years.

What is not being bought is the fascist rhetoric that the global warming crowed are going on, and on about.

And the politicians that are never letting a 'good crisis' go to waste.

edit on 31-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The fascist rhetoric on global warming is coming from Corporate America and the Fossil Fuel Barron's, in the form of denial.

(Fascism = Corporate controlled government)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Here is some 'denial' to think about.

Mother nature herself built in place mechanism's to keep, and maintain 'planetary balance'.

War,Disease,Famines.Inclimate weather, and poverty.

Then came along the social engineers who now have sit their sights on geo engineering.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join