It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Quits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
When guys like this one quits has to be an awful reason. The guy is a lawyer, he knows it's time to get the hell out and try to come out clean. I'm in NJ and this upsets me a lot.

TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie announced today that David Samson, whose chairmanship of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has come under fire in recent months, has resigned.

Samson, a close ally of Christie and a former attorney general of New Jersey, is reportedly under investigation by the U.S. Attorney of New Jersey in the face of accusations that his law firm, Wolff & Samson, had enriched itself by lobbying for companies with business before the Port Authority.

He told the governor of his decision in a telephone call, Christie said.

In a statement released today, Samson said: "Over the past months, I have shared with the Governor my desire to conclude my service to the PANYNJ. The timing is now right, and I am confident that the Governor will put new leadership in place to address the many challenges ahead."

For those that are not familiar with this one :

Samson was not referred to at all in a 360-page report released Thursday that Christie had sought to look into in the wake of the bridge scandal. The report absolved Christie and any current staff members of having a role in the closing of the bridge or a subsequent coverup.

..........What a dirty business.

www.nj.com...
edit on 29-3-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: fixed title

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I say throw the book at him! Too many political appointments use their jobs to further their own selfish agendas. When people are in a position of power and there is no oversight, they start thinking they can abuse their power to deal out who should and who shouldn't receive their handouts. Most of these handouts are based upon what they personally receive in return. We need to establish political watch dog groups made-up of average citizens. Without oversight, it's like the fox guarding the hen house.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The report you mention in your quote, the one Gov. Christie ordered up on the taxpayer's dime, is being referred to as "The Million Dollar Press Release". It interviewed almost nobody actually involved in the growing scandal.

Samson got out before he was booted out. Most people at the Port Authority probably wanted him to leave months ago.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Would it be wise to attach a tracking device on him?

new topics

top topics

join