It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video..Cats & dogs meeting babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Cutesy factor aside, doesn't it appear that some of these dogs and cats are in awe of the babies? Some of them seem pretty freaked-out. Like "Oh my God, it's a new human!"

I was wincing a little at the clip of the dog licking the babies face. The parents seemed to be encouraging it. It's around 1:20.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't ever let my dog near a newborn no matter how much you trust them just one
mistake could be the biggest mistake of your life. Nope not this girl!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

starlitestarbrite
I wouldn't ever let my dog near a newborn no matter how much you trust them just one
mistake could be the biggest mistake of your life. Nope not this girl!

I'm with you. It would make me very nervous.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Dont know about cats, never had one.

Dogs.
This is difficult, it depends on the dog and how its been treated by its owners. Dogs know instantly that the baby is part of the pack, it can smell that. Dogs can also be jealous! That said, I helped my daughter introduce her baby to her Sibearian Husky. I had him on a strong lead and she held the baby. He was allowed just close enough to reach the baby with his tongue. He was NEVER allowed to be allone with the baby, not EVER! Five years later and the child and the husky are the best of friends. The husky is extremely protective and will chase away any other dogs that come close. But even now we still watch him very close.

I love dogs, they are fantastic creatures, but NEVER trust them with a child not big enough to defend themself from him.
I have pictures of the husky and the child both asleep in each others arm/legs, its so cute to see, but we should never let that fool us because dogs....are Dogs!

A balance has to be found. The dog must not be allowed to become jealous, he must be allowed to be involved, just dont trust them too much.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

When I was born, my parents had a one year old dog. This dog considered me one of it's own, apart of his pack, he would have happily defended me against any other person/animal.

If you ever want a 24/7 bodyguard for your child, get a dog.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Nice vid,but the face lickings a bit much.
My German Shepherd(RIP)used to love my neice and nephew when they were tiny babies-although we never let him be alone with them,he was always super gentle with them,like he knew they were very precious and vunerable.Even if he was hyped up after playing out in the field,he would suddenly go into super calm and quiet mode whenever he saw them-except for little whimper noises to ask if he could sit next to them on the rug.
I always wonder what it must have seemed like for the babies when this giant wolf like beast took such an interest in them...They seemed to love him just as much as he loved them I think.
Man,I miss you every day Buddy.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
REALLY dangerous to let a cat around a newborn. It's been known that cats can smell the milk on a baby's breath and suffocate them by breathing in their faces and curling up around their mouth and nose. BAD idea. Not to mention, for both dog's and cats.. The potentual for spreading germs, bacteria and diseases.

It's all cool that animals love babies, but not safe one bit... ever!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

StallionDuck
Not to mention, for both dog's and cats.. The potentual for spreading germs, bacteria and diseases.

Totally agree on the cats, but Dogs have cleaner mouths than humans do, full of anti-septic!

No worries about letting a Dog lick a baby.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

iRoyalty

StallionDuck
Not to mention, for both dog's and cats.. The potentual for spreading germs, bacteria and diseases.

Totally agree on the cats, but Dogs have cleaner mouths than humans do, full of anti-septic!

No worries about letting a Dog lick a baby.

Not True. It's a myth

Here is a link I dug up for you. One of many...

Total Myth
edit on 29-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Touché!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It's all very cute but animals are harbouring a lot of germs.

I only know how cats behave. Never owned a dog. Cats can swat and scratch at any sudden move a baby makes. It startles them. They can be very jealous and territorial.

Thst said, my cats have been around babies and all was fine. Wouldn't leave them unattended though.

new topics

top topics

join