It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Take My 'Psychically Tuning Into Secrets' Single Ink Blot Test!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

edit on 30-3-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

Upside Down it kind of looks like a Decayed Fish with a Torn Dorsel Fin

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have now collated page 1 of this threads selected/cherry picked replies that seem to follow a pattern ...

Maps and networks:-

EA006

Looks like the territorial outline of the U.S

jester420

Im getting the feeling of globalism? something interconnected via networks

Suzy0

and there's something organic in the detail like a network of veins or blood vessels.

CthulhuMythos

My instant reaction was a world map

Quyll

I saw a map of the United States!

cosmicexplorer

Exactly what I thought instantly when I saw it

AfterInfinity

I see a rough contour of the U.S.

OpinionatedB

I read your post, and saw a political map of the US

Gozer

my mind connected it to a map of the USA in about a nanosecond.

Total = 9 [Edited to add: 10 If I include Swanne's reply which I did not know how to evaluate
]

Small mammals and rodents:-

pheonix358

Side on it is Pikachu

watchitburn

It's a bunny rabbit being squeezed through a sausage skin.

Total = 3 (includes one from below)

Water creatures:- [This category becomes more evident on pages 2+]

pheonix358

Straight on it is a Platypus

[Note: This one also seems to qualify for small rodents and mammals as it is an amphibious monotreme]

Total = 1

Winged beings: -

Suzy0

I see a winged angel looking down to his/her left hand side.

CthulhuMythos

then as I examined it for a longer period I see a butterfly and an owl or other nocturnal bird in flight either high above a river in moonlight or trying to fly away from an angry cat that is swiping at it.

~Lucidity

I see the back of a winged being rising up to separate something.

Total = 3

Things that go splat:-

pheonix358

(covered in oil compliments of Big Oil)

pheonix358

who badly needs a bath.

cosmicexplorer

then after analyzing I see a nuke detonation in the west!

Total = 3

Random/Other:- [Not sure what will crop up in this category and it acts as my miscellaneous catch all.]

tinner07

I think it looks like a mummy giving a thumbs up with one hand and possibly holding a baseball bat in the other.

Total = 1

I will now attempt to collate page 2 of this threads replies into the same categorical pigeon holes I used for page 1.

I thank OpinionatedB for growing this thread with a 2nd picture for us to tune into!

edit on 30-3-2014 by ZonedOut because: Edited to add the edit.

edit on 30-3-2014 by ZonedOut because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

ZonedOut
The apparent pictorial distortions are HUGE and yet you guys somehow saw through that with no extra help from me, when in fact I kept certain attributes specifically secret!

This is showing us the power of our minds to deeply probe reality for accurate answers!

So what: When you show people a map of the USA (albeit lightly distorted, but still recognizable), people see the USA. It doesn't prove anything.

Even though some people saw fishes and other things, that's simply explained by the fact that the distortion was shaped into a fish or such animals. again, no proof of anything "psychic".

I would be much interest if you ever repeat the experiment but this time with a genuinely secret picture. If you do, please drop me a PM.

my kind regards

edit on 30-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Now this is what I'm talking about.

Hm, I see a sword stuck into the ground.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Wifibrains
reply to post by OpinionatedB

edit on 30-3-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

I see someone playing football and the ball is in the bottom right of the dark area

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

You might have had a point if this thread was about art, or magic. But if I remember correctly, the OP came up with the (BTW genius) proposition of testing for psychic hints inside pictures and, by extension, all of matter. But, for this experiment to work, one should choose a "secret picture" which would be way less obvious.

The reference to magic was an analogy to what your post did for others who would have wanted to let their mind wander freely for a moment and take part in the op's experiment. Whilst not directly about art it does encapsulate the associative and imaginative aspect of abstract artwork, and it is also an image.

I do agree on one thing and that is the image needed to be not specific to a particular populous for a truly non biased result. Those that see the map of the USA are more likely to see that in the image if they are from the USA or have regular or strong visual dealings with USA maps. I am from Scotland and so did not associate it with USA but did associate it with a map on first impression. One artist whose work may be good for this type of experiment would be Piet Mondrian, as his work turns reality into vertical and horizontal lines and blocks of primary colour.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

You might have had a point if this thread was about art, or magic. But if I remember correctly, the OP came up with the (BTW genius) proposition of testing for psychic hints inside pictures and, by extension, all of matter. But, for this experiment to work, one should choose a "secret picture" which would be way less obvious.

The reference to magic was an analogy to what your post did for others who would have wanted to let their mind wander freely for a moment and take part in the op's experiment. Whilst not directly about art it does encapsulate the associative and imaginative aspect of abstract artwork, and it is also an image.

I do agree on one thing and that is the image needed to be not specific to a particular populous for a truly non biased result. Those that see the map of the USA are more likely to see that in the image if they are from the USA or have regular or strong visual dealings with USA maps. I am from Scotland and so did not associate it with USA but did associate it with a map on first impression. One artist whose work may be good for this type of experiment would be Piet Mondrian, as his work turns reality into vertical and horizontal lines and blocks of primary colour.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I have collated the results from page 2 ...

Maps and Networks:-

crucified

Looks like a US population density map I saw when I was little

clay2 baraka

I instantly recognized it as a political map of the US as well

JiggyPotamus

When I first looked at it I saw a map of the entire world, although South America was missing, lol. But I can see a map of the US as well.

LadySkadi

I immediately associated it with first: the outline of the US but on the heals of that, the blue and red reminded me of the circulatory system...

FlyersFan

I saw the red and blue map of the USA ... distorted

Nyiah

I immediately recognized it as a distorted map of the US

NightSkyeB4Dawn

it sort of looks likes a poorly drawn outline of the US.

LadyTrick

I instantly said AMERICA

Suzy0 [Counter point!]***(has already answered on page 1.)

I didn't see a map of the US at all.

Total: 9 for 1 against

None! Total: 0

Water Creatures:-

Wifibrains

I saw a fish...

Caver78

Yup...a goldfish. Or koi.....(hedging my bets)

StormyStars

a graceful beautiful Chinese Fighting Fish often seen in a bowl or tank

Total: 3

Winged beings:-

Lynk3

I still think it's a pidgeon holding a scroll.

Total: 1

Things that go splat:-

PhoenixOD

looks like a fly that hit the windshield of my car.

Random/Other:-

crucified

it conjures up the images of a man and a heart and boobs

NightSkyeB4Dawn

I was curious about the different shades of red. My mind never was drawn to any political connections. In fact I was trying to connect a heart or blood connection with the red without much success.

Total: 2 [I might make a sub category for heart blood and veins etc.]

Feel free to start comparing the two sets of data [pg 1 and 2] and see if there are any further deeper patterns that are revealing themselves ok.

Example .. Both pages 1 and 2 have tended to present about 51%+ of the replies commenting on the Maps and Networks aspect of the picture. [10 out of 19 relies on page 1 ... and 9 out of 17 replies on page 2]

Now to collate page 3 results!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I have finished collating pg 3 replies ...

Maps and Networks:-

ToneDeaf

I see a map of u.s.a

fossilera

To me, it looks like a map of the USA - Red & Blue for the two main parties; so maybe a map of the red & blue states?

evc1shop

Yeah, kind of like an election map... the red/blue thing going on there.

Trexter Ziam

First - butterfly

Second - bird with a stray feather

violet

It's a bird perched on a branch
Perhaps a parrot

Water creatures:-

ToneDeaf

portrayed as a carp, dead and belly-up!

Trexter Ziam

Third - Koi (fancy goldfish)

violet

or a dolphin

Teeky

Looks Like a human hybrid experiment to me. Like a mermaid.

Amarri

saw a fish with a leg...

Total: 5

Things that go Splat:

Trexter Ziam

The hard orangey-red with the playful purpley colour is like oil and water to me; not natural.

I remember an "egg" at each side of the picture (left and right) and that was "puzzling" feelingish. Both eggs were cracked differently.

Now I read the thread and see why the oil and water (don't mix) feeling ... but, the two eggs still have me wondering.

there are two clearly defined small cracked eggs on the left and right sides.

AthlonSavage

I see a paint splattering.

Total: 2

I shall quickly collate pg 4 results ...

Map and Networks:-

Water creatures:-

Zanti Misfit

Upside Down it kind of looks like a Decayed Fish with a Torn Dorsel Fin

Things that go Splat:-

This finishes the collating of individual pages data set results!

I shall now collate all 4 pages results into a single data set so that we can view the overall picture of results.

[Note: I have ignored all my own posts as far as counting results, to avoid any of my own bias ok.]

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So now ....

[Note:* I have included swanne's 1st page reply in the overall totals ok]

Ok collating this table has shown up some errors that I have accidentally made and I apologize for those mistakes ... but no matter as now we have the final data set to analyze and this shows a 42.3% on target 'tuning in' accuracy for the picture I provided [I had stated 51+% peviously].

Water beings, Winged creatures and Things that go Splat follow on in that exact descending order of importance.

Small mammals and rodents, and Random/Other round out the list with equal bottom footing.

I shall take some time to deeply ponder the results and I will post my findings asap!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
Here is another one for everyone.

This may be too easy, or it may be too hard. Lets see what people see in this picture:

I shall take a stab at this one as I am now free to do so!

I see ... by my mighty powers of Pareidolia I spy with my little eye ...

I behold Luke Skywalker levitating rocks during Jedi training with Yoda on Degobah!

But that is unlikely to be the underlying message of the picture!

If I try to tune into the pictures hidden code ... I get the Light of God and a shining through adversity and tribulations, the cross is subtly evident as the halo from beyond overwhelms the focus on that cross and suggests that one look elsewhere for deeper meaning in the picture.

If I tune in more to the halo obscured cross I get the feeling from the top of the cross that it represents a crown ... a crown of shining glory perhaps?

The golden colors of the obvious stained glass window effect, highlight a sunny disposition and the the darker shades of the obscured cross seem earthy and grounded.

The big red tile to the far top left of the picture ... feels like a possible sun.

The only movement I sense is with the disembodied tile to the bottom left of the cross, that appears to be floating all on its own accord. [This is what made me think of Star Wars and Luke's Jedi training]

The picture over all seems to represent Golgotha where Jesus was crucified but with an abstract focus upon the actual cross and place of Palestine, that leads one on either an inward and or outward journey to find a deeper relationship with God [specifically with a Christian bent in this case].

Note the shining halo of light does not originate with the red tile and this implies that the light of God is found elsewhere and not in the material plane.

Finally ... if I put my tin foil hat on ... the crown bit of the obscured cross also looks a lot like a flying saucer and this brings up a whole host of strange connections, such as Ezekiel's biblical account of Gods Chariot, that may prove fruitful as I tune into it more deeply.

I shall wait till this thread gets another page of replies before I start collating this new pictures results.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join