It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Take My 'Psychically Tuning Into Secrets' Single Ink Blot Test!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I saw a fish...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Looks like a US population density map I saw when I was little. Is it weird I get a little entranced looking at it. it conjures up the images of a man and a heart and boobs. does it mean I'm a man who loves boobs?
edit on 29-3-2014 by crucified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by ZonedOut

No its not psychic. I read your post, and saw a political map of the US, but that is because of where my knowledge base lies. Someone without the same knowledge base wont see the same thing. Am I psychic because I saw it for what it is? No, I am knowledgeable because I saw it for what it is.

Psychic phenomenon deals with all aspects being completely unknown. Any aspect that is knowable conventionally is by definition not psychic.

Now, if someone from the amazon who had never had any knowledge base of anything to do with the United States had said that is a political map of a country... then it would have been classified as psychic phenomenon.
edit on 29-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Nothing psychic about the test, I instantly recognized it as a political map of the US as well.
Obvious is obvious.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

swanne

Your picture is a political map - more precisely, a map of the United State's 2012 elections.

The person who started the thread obviously and clearly stated his/her intentions, and specifically asked not to post the source image, for one thing. Just incredible. Some people I guess.

When I first looked at it I saw a map of the entire world, although South America was missing, lol. But I can see a map of the US as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If it's not too late I'll add that before I read any other post, I immediately associated it with first: the outline of the US but on the heals of that, the blue and red reminded me of the circulatory system...
edit on 29-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I saw the red and blue map of the USA ... distorted ... before the explanation was given by a poster.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Wifibrains
I saw a fish...

Yup...a goldfish. Or koi.....(hedging my bets)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I saw the same thing: USA. Then I realized there was two colours, and these two colours happened to match exactly those of US's political parties. I didn't have to do alot of searches to figure out the origin of your picture. This experiment of yours was a great idea (I'm giving you a S&F for the general idea), but unfortunately I think the picture you used was far too recognizable, and thus your "psychic" experiment, in a scientific point of view, is meaningless. For an experiment to truly be fool-proof (and thus, meaningful), you need to actually make the test un-beatable.

So, in my defence... it was no secret at all. Everyone could see it was a map of the USA, just simply distorted - you would really need to distort the image alot more, change the colours, etc. to make the "experiment" genuine.

edit on 29-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
looks like a fly that hit the windshield of my car.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

You might have had a point if this thread was about art, or magic. But if I remember correctly, the OP came up with the (BTW genius) proposition of testing for psychic hints inside pictures and, by extension, all of matter. But, for this experiment to work, one should choose a "secret picture" which would be way less obvious.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I immediately recognized it as a distorted map of the US, but could have cared less what the colors signified.

Sorry, I doubt that helps your theory.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

OP, perhaps you could repeat the experiment but this time using a more secretive image?

An idea amongst many other: take a picture of, I don't know, Mona Lisa, or Einstein's famous equation "E=mc2", divide it into something like 200 squares (like a jigsaw puzzle), re-arrange the pieces using a random number generator, offset the hue, and use this end result as the experimental, "secret" picture?

edit on 29-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

No its not psychic. I read your post, and saw a political map of the US, but that is because of where my knowledge base lies. Someone without the same knowledge base wont see the same thing. Am I psychic because I saw it for what it is? No, I am knowledgeable because I saw it for what it is.

Psychic phenomenon deals with all aspects being completely unknown. Any aspect that is knowable conventionally is by definition not psychic.

Now, if someone from the amazon who had never had any knowledge base of anything to do with the United States had said that is a political map of a country... then it would have been classified as psychic phenomenon.
edit on 29-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Just to back up your theory, I didn't see a map of the US at all.
In fact I had to google images of US maps when I saw all the posts relating to it.
Being in the UK I'm just not used to seeing the US isolated like that - we usually only see it on a map as a part of the wider American continents.
I guess you'd experience the same if I showed you an individual image of Wales or Scotland or any other part of the UK.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I still think it's a pidgeon holding a scroll.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't know if it helps but, my first thought was, it sort of looks likes a poorly drawn outline of the US.

I was curious about the different shades of red. My mind never was drawn to any political connections. In fact I was trying to connect a heart or blood connection with the red without much success.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I instantly said AMERICA and I'm not american but I look at earthquake map app daily so its probably ingrained.
I think the straight lines of the states give it away as the U.S, I know it's been distorted but your brain unscrambles.
Im sorry but I don't see this as being psychic.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a graceful beautiful Chinese Fighting Fish often seen in a bowl or tank for just the 1

So I have to wait a week to tell me I'm a Psycho or something of the like? lol!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I shall move on with what I have gained thanks to those members who stayed on topic!

The picture is indeed a distortion of the USA polictical landscape based on population size per county and red/republican-blue/democrat party lines.

Those who gave a reply along those lines 'naturally', and there was several, can feel very happy with themselves in tuning into the secret and so they should!

To me this does implies that this form and these colors , their implied motions and shadings, as some information construct that cries out " I am AMERICA" are naturally embedded somehow in the picture and or the mind of those collectively perceiving the picture!

It is this that I would now like to discuss ...

Is it really psychic powers IF the hidden variables are really embedded in the environment in overall form form, color, motion and shading and that we can naturally tune into them by simply focusing and allowing the underlying [secret] message to intuitively reveal themselves. i.e. Is this psi phenomena like peripheral vision for the mind?

It looked so obviously like the U.S that I figured that was just too easy so said the next thing that popped into my head from a more lateral peripheral vision was the beautiful, colourful & graceful Chinese/Siamese Fighting Fish without reading any other replies so I wouldn't give a biased answer.....Pfft! How typically disappointing it was what it 1st initially flash that it really was what we 1st see....thought it would be more fun & in depth....

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
To those saying they did see a shape of the USA I want to show you just HOW much the picture really is distorted ...

The USA as it really is ...

The USA based on population size per county (with political affiliations) ...

The apparent pictorial distortions are HUGE and yet you guys somehow saw through that with no extra help from me, when in fact I kept certain attributes specifically secret!

This is showing us the power of our minds to deeply probe reality for accurate answers!

The hidden variables are NOT secret ... and are instead just subtle!

The question is how do we refine our ability to tune into these subtle attributes.

What forms mean what? What colors mean what? etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I saw a fish...

Yes, yes, yes! lol! Another artistic mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you! lol! You're awesome!!!
* * * * *+++++++

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join