It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any movies based on the "ancient aliens" idea?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Aside from Stargate (1994)?

I think a movie based on an "ancient alien" interpretation of the Book of Enoch, or the works of Erich von Däniken or Zecharia Sitchin would be interesting. I think one based on Genesis / Book of Enoch would be the most interesting, because you could have some famous names and events like Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Noah and the flood (make the ark a DNA bank), Enoch, and Methuselah. Additionally there would be giants (make them the result of genetic engineering) and angels/watchers/aliens wielding "light saber" type weapons, which wouldn't be ripping off George Lucas, considering he ripped off Genesis to begin with:

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

The Garden of Eden could be a domed "biosphere", which would account for the lack of conventional rain (rain can't make it through a dome) and apparent artificial irrigation system it had:

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

The mist came up from the Earth, did it? You mean like this?

Make one of the angel's/watcher's/alien's aircraft look like Ezekiel's wheel:

And so on. There is so much potential for a movie like this, and with today's movie-making technology, they could really do the idea justice, if placed in the right hands.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I can't wait for Prometheus 2.........have you watched the first one?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agartha

Yes, it was okay, but it didn't go depth about the ancient aliens idea. It was just a matter of "plant the seed and leave". I like the idea of interaction between ancient people and aliens, with the aliens presenting themselves as "gods" or otherwise divine beings, like in Stargate (1994). The idea was explored in the episode of Star Trek "Who Mourns for Adonais?" as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
In the movie Predator vs Aliens they also come with the theory that the predators came to earth and men worshipped them as gods and they built pyramids.

Cowboys and aliens will also do it for you i think. In that movie the aliens are goldminers (i think they referred with them to the Annunaki in that movie)

I also would like to see more movies with the ancient aliens stories in it

and me 2 can't wait for Prometheus 2. The movie was incredible with the 3d effects in theaters

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Annunak1

and me 2 can't wait for Prometheus 2. The movie was incredible with the 3d effects in theaters

Absolutely......I think #2 is going to be even better.

And thanks for mentioning Cowboys and aliens, I have never watched it but I will now.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Im pretty sure that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls was pretty firmly placed into this category

Albeit focused on the action/adventure aspect of finding it!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
you're kidding right?

Outlander? hm... from Futurama to Iceage (yea "THE" Iceage - the cartoon - where it shows the ufo in the ice) to Dr Who and Star Trek, Babilon 5, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Prometheus, Aliens vs Predator, Battlestar Galactica, Hanger18, The Thing, well... X-files lol... and even Monty Python...

I mean... "besides Stargate"?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
you're kidding right?

No.

Outlander? hm... from Futurama to Iceage (yea "THE" Iceage - the cartoon - where it shows the ufo in the ice) to Dr Who and Star Trek, Babilon 5, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Prometheus, Aliens vs Predator, Battlestar Galactica, Hanger18, The Thing, well... X-files lol... and even Monty Python...

I mean... "besides Stargate"?

"I mean..." did you consider the context (that is, the text of the OP), or did you just read the subject line and the first sentence? For starters, which of those movies that you listed depict ancient aliens as the actual "gods" of mythology? And of those, do any of them actually focus on it, or is it just a plot device or passing reference?

I did see "Outlander", and it wasn't bad, though I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Futurama is mainly a TV series, and a cartoon (granted, I didn't specify live-action and non-comedy, though I should have), and Ice Age is also a cartoon with a UFO in the ice as a throw-away gag. The Thing is an awesome movie, though it has nothing to do with the "ancient aliens as gods" idea, especially since the alien was frozen from soon after it crashed until modern times ... and so on.
edit on 3/29/2014 by MaximRecoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MaximRecoil

oops aside stargate
edit on 29-3-2014 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MaximRecoil

There is a chap that was asking himself the same question and started his own projects on the subject.

Take a look at THIS site and read what he is about. I think he wants to make a movie on the subject too.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
2001?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well the new movie Noah might tickle your fancy. Depending on how hard the studio fought Darren Arronofsky it should feature the nephilim to some degree. In the trailer you've got Noah & hisimmediate family, Anthony Hopkins as Methuselah, and Ray Winstone as Tubal-Cain. You also see brief glimpses of creation, the garden of Eden, and Cain murdering Abel. Scenes that, I Imagine, will be extended in the actual movie. To me the movie looks amazing.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

MaximRecoil

I hope you've seen more than just the "Stargate" movie. The whole entire "Stargate: SG1" series (ten seasons) is based on "ancient aliens". And they go very in-depth on that subject.

Then there were five seasons of "Stargate: Atlantis" all played out in the ancient city of Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy.

If you loved the original movie and love "ancient aliens", then you'll really love the whole series. All of them.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Josephus
Well the new movie Noah might tickle your fancy. Depending on how hard the studio fought Darren Arronofsky it should feature the nephilim to some degree. In the trailer you've got Noah & hisimmediate family, Anthony Hopkins as Methuselah, and Ray Winstone as Tubal-Cain. You also see brief glimpses of creation, the garden of Eden, and Cain murdering Abel. Scenes that, I Imagine, will be extended in the actual movie. To me the movie looks amazing.

wow thanks Noah looks really good.

Am I the only one who thought Prometheus was a let down? I'll still watch 2 but I found it to be slow with no real resolutions and not much action. Also Idris Elba's American accent annoyed me. I loved him in Luther mainly because of his amazing voice

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Josephus

Interesting. This is the first I've heard of it. Funny, when I was thinking about my idea for a movie that I described in the OP, the first title for it that popped in my mind was "Noah", but I guess that name's now taken. I've been telling people that they should make a movie about Noah since the mid-1990s, and include the giants, and from the perspective that the angels/watchers were technological beings, not "gods" or otherwise "divine".

This new movie looks like it will be good, but I doubt it will be told from the "ancient aliens theory" perspective. Actually, based on the trailer, I can't really tell what perspective they are going with, because it looks like they are wearing modern factory-made clothes in some of the scenes.
edit on 3/29/2014 by MaximRecoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

MaximRecoil

If you loved the original movie and love "ancient aliens", then you'll really love the whole series. All of them.

I did love the original movie; I saw it when it first came out and it was the first time I ever thought about the whole "ancient aliens theory" thing, and I found the idea fascinating (I still do). Hard to believe it's been 20 years since it came out.

I've never seen any of the Stargate series, but I did just watch the pilot episode for Stargate: SG-1. I'll watch some more; probably end up watching all of them eventually.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
you can download the movie 'anonymous rex' from youtube, i think it's only around 300 meg?

i don't think there were sprinklers in the garden of eden (assuming it existed)

most of the wags claim the earth had a different climate/ecosystem back then (something like venus might)
some of the stories of umbaba and others seem to support this (assuming they're true)
/shrug

try watching this little video presentation i hurriedly made, it's quicker than watching most of those movies and possibly funnier
linky

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How about chariot of the gods?

Isn't that the original ancient alien movie?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

You mean the 1970 documentary? I've never thought of documentaries as movies. I'd like to see a movie with actors and a plot along the lines of Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Ten Commandments, and so on.

UNIT76
i don't think there were sprinklers in the garden of eden (assuming it existed)

most of the wags claim the earth had a different climate/ecosystem back then (something like venus might)
some of the stories of umbaba and others seem to support this (assuming they're true)
/shrug

A lush "garden" that has no rainfall, but rather has a mist coming up from the earth to water the ground, exactly fits with the idea of it being a domed "biosphere" with a sprinkler system. It also explains how one angel with a flaming sword can keep everyone out from such a presumably large place after man was expelled from there. But either way, it doesn't matter what really happened or what really existed (there's no way to find that out for sure anyway); the idea is to make an entertaining movie based on Genesis / Book of Enoch, from the "ancient aliens theory" perspective.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sky Watchers... coming soon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join