It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOVE is the biggest deception:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Our society teaches us to love one another. It is very much a part of our way of life; to care for others, especially those who are suffering and that is a good thing; however, in some Countries they do not instill the same values or principles we have.

The People who rush over to assist other Countries on humanitarian grounds; it is a 'feel good' moment. It is great to be able to help others in their time of crisis. The Golden Rule seems to dominate our way of life and so we treat others how we would like to be treated.
That is another great ideal.

Unfortunately, sometimes in life we have to have a good look at the situation. Just because we are full of love and well wishes, doesn't mean others are. They would happily take whatever we gave them and then dance on our graves.

The Trojan Horse is a perfect illustration of deceit. Now it seems that other Countries cry out for help when they don't need it at all. So the Trojan Horse is now used in a different way.

I was taught that God loves everyone. God is love, etc., that belief system is entrenched into the Constitutions of many Countries, including the one that I am a Citizen of. Just because we have these values instilled within us, doesn't mean everyone else does.

The majority of People are deceived because they judge People by their own standards.

Deception strikes unsuspecting People. I believe many of us are deceived because we are the unsuspecting People, only because we have been brought up with this love ideal.

At an individual level, we can be deceived by loved ones. Collectively, we could all be deceived the same way and it would have greater consequences.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
politics and spirituality and the relationship between them, one of the most interesting things in my opinion

"Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it." Isaiah 8:12

Worth reflecting upon.
edit on 49331Sat, 29 Mar 2014 05:49:21 -0500201421pAmerica/Chicago2014-03-29T05:49:21-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I disagree. Once you believe that, once everyone believes that, then no more people are capable of love, only hatred. Since that with love comes trust, then cooperation as a specie will fall. And thus mankind will stop evolving period.

If Might Makes Right, then so does love - for without Love, no species would be able to reproduce!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Thurisaz
Our society teaches us to love one another. It is very much a part of our way of life; to care for others, especially those who are suffering and that is a good thing; however, in some Countries they do not instill the same values or principles we have.

The People who rush over to assist other Countries on humanitarian grounds; it is a 'feel good' moment. It is great to be able to help others in their time of crisis. The Golden Rule seems to dominate our way of life and so we treat others how we would like to be treated.
That is another great ideal.

Unfortunately, sometimes in life we have to have a good look at the situation. Just because we are full of love and well wishes, doesn't mean others are. They would happily take whatever we gave them and then dance on our graves.

The Trojan Horse is a perfect illustration of deceit. Now it seems that other Countries cry out for help when they don't need it at all. So the Trojan Horse is now used in a different way.

I was taught that God loves everyone. God is love, etc., that belief system is entrenched into the Constitutions of many Countries, including the one that I am a Citizen of. Just because we have these values instilled within us, doesn't mean everyone else does.

The majority of People are deceived because they judge People by their own standards.

Deception strikes unsuspecting People. I believe many of us are deceived because we are the unsuspecting People, only because we have been brought up with this love ideal.

At an individual level, we can be deceived by loved ones. Collectively, we could all be deceived the same way and it would have greater consequences.

The only thing that actually exists is love, every other emotion comes from it and every action is based on some form of it.
Fear is the opposite of love, but it is love

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You have it all wrong, love is all we need.
The reason for bloodshed and hatred is mostly a lack of love and because of divisive things like religion and politics, groups and peer pressure.
I am not religious, maybe spiritual and certainly philosphical, and I believe we need more love.
Love is the umbrella word really, for kindness, peace, understanding, compassion, tolerance.
If we all showed a little more love, we would not face the issues we do today.
And by we I mean individuals, governments and everything between.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

stargatetravels

The reason for bloodshed and hatred is mostly a lack of love and because of divisive things like religion and politics, groups and peer pressure.
I am not religious, maybe spiritual and certainly philosphical, and I believe we need more love.
Love is the umbrella word really, for kindness, peace, understanding, compassion, tolerance.

i would just like to second that opinion....great reply

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Oxytocin = Love. Not much mystery behind it and I refuse to be addicted to chemicals.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Not true, read more bro

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Now, it should be noted, however, that, while oxytocin increases in-group trust, it produces the opposite feeling for those in the out-group — so it's not the "perfect drug" some might proclaim it to be.

So as well as being responsible for love - it is also responsible for hatred and violence towards those not in your group.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Thurisaz
however, in some Countries they do not instill the same values or principles we have.

-Which Countries exactly?

Thurisaz

-Again, which Countries exactly?

Thurisaz
Just because we have these values instilled within us, doesn't mean everyone else does.

-Are you suggesting that everyone in your country has the correct values? who is we?

Thurisaz

-It is hard to put your heart on the line, its a risk, and you will get hurt over and over again. But those who do take the risk learn how to love, and how to recover from lack of love. Unfortunately, If you don't learn to deal with heartbreak, you will lose the ability to love.

Thurisaz

Humans lie, cheat and steal, and that sucks. Not everyone is a saint. If you cannot love someone, you are not a bad person. some people close to you might break your heart, and lie to you. but at least you were brave enough to put yourself out there. be strong!

We were once children, filled with love and kindness and innocence. But then we get hurt, and we learn to hide our feelings, and reject others. We are all human. we all have loved ones in our life, even if you don't think you do.

we all have families and friends, everyone laughs. Earth is beautiful and we are lucky to be on it. Mankind has its ups and downs, but you can not generalize an entire country. Iraqi soldiers, who are shooting at US soldiers, have moms and dads, brothers and sisters, they bear arms defend what they believe in, and risk their lives just like the US soldiers. are they wrong for doing so? should they surrender? maybe if there was more love for the world we wouldn't feel the need to hurt each other.
would you shoot a man in the face if he had open arms, and wanted to embrace you lovingly?

no, war is not right, it is horrible. but still. is any party ever truly composed of evil sadistic murderers? Even the odd Nazi soldier took sympathy on Jews and spared their lives. and yes, some people are cruel and horrible, and you don't have to love them. you don't have to love anyone, you choose to.

In my opinion: If you are truly without love, keep it to yourself. be miserable(no offense). but trying to spread your hurt out to the world isn't going to work. perhaps your should try and find love again, rather than tell people to get rid of theirs.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
God is looking for people of compassion who CARE about people.

Over the long haul relationships are more valuable than riches.

You can be a success in everything else but if you don’t have love in your life you’re a failure.

Mother Theresa said if we spend much time condemning people we have no time to love them.

The key ingredient is LOVE.

This is why I love to study NDE's.

They always come back with a message of love:

"Have you learned to love?" (Jesus speaking to Bob Jones at the entrance of Heaven.)

A quote from Darren Wilson's films (Furious Love & Father of Lights):

“There’s something about, when people for the first time in their life feel loved unconditionally, there’s nothing you can do to earn His love, He’s just wrapping His arms around you at your worst state, at your worst binge, and that’s the revelation we try to give; that there’s no way in the world that you can outrun the love of God.” ~ Matthew Barnett

edit on Mar000000Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:22:06 -05001pm31Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:22:06 -050020142229 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Which feeling would you chose to be full of love or hate? Which feels better.

The Trojan horse is not love it was an illustration of deceit in war , deceit is not love, you are confused.

People are not deceived because they have been brought up with love as ideal, how do you explain how the many people who grew up with selfish/hate and "low standards" as ideal get deceived . People who are not loving get deceived by scams everyday.

The selfish fearful capitalist society based on taking, exploiting and greed does not tell you to love, that is your heart telling you love is ideal not "society".
Listen to your heart.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

IMHO, the thing about love is, just feel it. Give it to one or all--freely, with your whole being, without secondary gain or judgment. Once you give love, you can't take it back. It's a gift. No strings.

When you plant seeds in the garden, you don’t dig them up every day to see if they have sprouted yet. You simply water them and clear away the weeds; you know that the seeds will grow in time. Similarly, just do your daily practice and cultivate a kind heart. Abandon impatience and instead be content creating the causes for goodness; the results will come when they’re ready." - Bhikshuni Thubten Chodron

source: quotes-db.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
In a way you are right since the idea of loving someone else and others is based upon the Love you have for yourself.

So some go looking for the love of their life like its some great mission to be had, some go doing loving things for others to make themselves feel better. Still no matter how one goes about finding Love, it never lasts.

Now if one should go seek a different kind of love, it should be themselves first and not the other way around. Their are various things I hate, dislike about myself and left unchecked causes problems since the one I love only knows what I show them. They see what I project about myself and come up with their understanding of what they think is love.

The Lie is finding Love outside Yourself. Then it would not matter Who loved you or if no one loved you. Since you would have found your own love, you would know how to treat others by the way you treat yourself. People claim to love themselves, yet just looking at the world today we see something different.

Now in place is various different ideas of love, many layers upon layers of various levels of love. What is Love? Everyone of you could list many different things based upon what love is to them. So love becomes something you like or dislike based upon what the understanding of love came from.

Some of us had bad parents, teachers, brothers, sisters and friends LOL!

In the end, it is You that will have either regrets or a smile when you die. If their was a wish to be granted someday. I wish People would Learn to Love Themselves First! Then the real idea of treating another AS yourself would exist in the World we have today!

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

swanne

I disagree. Once you believe that, once everyone believes that, then no more people are capable of love, only hatred. Since that with love comes trust, then cooperation as a specie will fall. And thus mankind will stop evolving period.

I disagree. I don't believe the truth breeds hatred. If anything, love flourishes and it would be reciprocated.

People would invest their LOVE more wisely.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

stargatetravels

I disagree. Love is not all we need.

Food, water and shelter for example are things we need and they are not love. Love is an emotion. Humans need food... that is not love. Is it love, when a person donates money so you can buy food? Maybe, but under 'that love umbrella', it could also be a guilt or conditioning automated response.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Guilt is an emotion stemming from fear and fear is based on love. And basic needs to make your body move isn't what life is about... Otherwise the bathroom would be the greatest room in a house

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Thurisaz

stargatetravels

I disagree. Love is not all we need.

edit on 30-3-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

well then i would disagree with your statement....you are right in saying we NEED food water and shelter,every animal on the planet needs this ...love on the other hand we need as it creates fulfillment,purpose and direction..

one could have all the food they could ever eat and the biggest and most fanciful shelter and still have no direction or purpose...

life without love is meaningless

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Thurisaz
I don't believe the truth breeds hatred.

It's not the truth, it's more of an opinion - a philosophical question. Philosophy is no more than an attempt to find the truth, but its it the broken mirror of the truth.

If anything, love flourishes and it would be reciprocated.

How? How can a dark age be a support for love?

People would invest their LOVE more wisely.

But love is not a currency. It's what makes us, as a specie, trust each other (trust is derived from love), create masterpieces (art is derived from love), evolve (inquiry for a science field is motivated by love for this said science field). Love is not an accessory to life - it is life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join