It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US talking to India, China to isolate Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This should be interesting

China relies on western consumer demand and debt to stay afloat

India relies on western hand outs and trade and buy Russian military hardware

Let's see which way they slide and see if the world isn't rearranged on this outcome

There are plenty of other country's that are just as desirable to invest in that China India let's hope they remember that while looking at Iran Syria and North Korea

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The problem with this entire situation, is that Russia is a major world power and holds aces ups its sleeves.

While the US may think it has the ability to affect things out there, and force Russia to yield, the reality is right now the US has neither the strength that it did 20 years ago, or the influence either. The old Soviet Union was brought down, not by military force, but cause the USA out spent it, and that brought the old Soviet Union to the brink of bankrupting its economy. And now it is back from financial ruin far stronger than before.

It has several things on its side, first is resources that are not tapped, sitting on prescious metals, and petroleum products, reserves as well as a means to sell it. So while Europe may think that it is getting the upper hand, come winter, all Russia has to do is simply stop the flow of the petrol that

Most countries have to look out what is best for their own populations and interests, not just what the USA wants. So while the USA may be talking to China, chances are China is going to not pay attention to that discussion, without the USA giving up something in return, and it will be a big something, and the same goes for India, as it is right now having an uneasy relationships with Pakistan and China.

And while we are focused on Europe and around Russia, chances are Putin is already talking with some of the countries in Latin and South America, renewing old alliances and making new ones.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

maddy21

news.oneindia.in...

Washington, March 29: The United States says it is talking with India and China among others as part of diplomatic efforts to isolate Russia over its annexation of Crimea, but it had not yet asked them to impose any sanctions."Well, I don't think we're there yet. Obviously, we've been consulting very closely with the Europeans about sanctions," State Department spokesperson Marie Harf told reporters Friday when asked if the US was going to seek Iran-oil like sanction from countries outside NATO.

Am wondering if these talks are going to take place before or after the meeting to contain China

Mission Impossible if you ask me. What a bunch of morons. Do they really think China&India would isolated Russia? And for what, hurt feelings in Washington?
It will take some time for US to accept the fact that Multi-polar world is a reality as we speak.
And we all know when that happened, a few months back with Syria and canceled military action.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

Yes yes, we have the intellect to purchase 36Billion$ worth of equipment with just $500million -$1billion handouts , aren't we Indians just resourceful

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

DISRAELI
When Churchill was criticised for taking up with Stalin, his comment was that he would even be willing to put in a good word for Satan, if Hitler had just invaded Hell.

Wat? He said that?
Even more evidence that we're being ruled by psychopaths...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

The exact wording was "if Hitler invaded hell, I would at least make a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons".
But this was just a hyperbolic way of saying that accepting the alliance of Stalin to fight Hitler was a good idea, and surely he was right?
Churchill hated communism, but in the middle of a war he would have been a fool if he allowed that to get in the way of securing any help that was available.
Similarly today. As an American once said "He may be an s.o.b., but he's our s.o.b." There are times when diplomacy needs that attitude.

edit on 31-3-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

maddy21

TritonTaranis

Yes yes, we have the intellect to purchase 36Billion$ worth of equipment with just $500million -$1billion handouts , aren't we Indians just resourceful

You also have the intellect to still hold 1/3 of the worlds poor while having a space program, 4 planned aircraft carriers and vastly expanding military all in the backdrop of extreme poverty and shanty towns with no modern infrastructure or utilities

India is in no position to be lecturing western leaders and our way of life, but crack on patting Russia on the back for its aggression in Ukraine if that so,e how satisfies your hate for those who feed you and invested in your country for many decades, it's nice to know it was appreciated and well spent

edit on 31-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I dont want to burst your (what seems to be a moral) bubble. But lets put this into some perspective here. Firstly you are making an illogical comparison. Comparing apples to orange is completely moot. The US has been free of external influence for how long now? 200 years? do you know how long India has been free of external influences? some 60 odd years, and how many year it was under the influence of external influences? (there's some homework for you there, or you can continue to read to gauge a rough idea). I dont quite quite understand the logic of people online that use illogical comparison and polarised fact to make their argument seem valid, especially when it comes to attacking India or Indians, there are way too many disinfo shills on this board with regards to this matter. It only shows the lack of information one has before opening their mouth (in this case typing their words). Maybe we should talk about this 140 years later down the track? i think that would be a fair comparison.

As for all the advancements they made. I would think that this is necessary. Seeing as how there are nuclear neighbours all around India and definitely have far more advanced military defenses than India does. Again i would have thought that this would have been pretty obvious. Indians aren't stupid, they know that every decision has its consequences, which is more tahn i can say some western leaders. I would rather have some poor people around then have my borders wide open for yet another invasion. Finally being free from tyranny after 500 odd years and have the ability to defend themselves, i think India has done a tremendous job of bringing its country and people close to the 21st century and it should be applauded instead of discouraged. It still has a long and hard road ahead, but im sure they will find the way to solve problems that they will face.

Hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson here. Learn the facts before spreading your spoon fed ignorant polarised disinformation.
edit on 1-4-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

maddy21

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by maddy21

While the POTUS is making these 'negotiations', he should question India's appalling child sex trade and corruption.

1 in 5 women report sexual assault in U.S

www.nytimes.com... i

edit on 29-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

you gotta be careful with articles like that. Women have been known to make up stories of rape and assault to smite a cheating lover.

I don't suggest it doesn't happen, it does and its deplorable. But women (and some men) wouldn't think twice about lying about sexual assault and rape if it meant their ex suffers.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie

maddy21

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by maddy21

While the POTUS is making these 'negotiations', he should question India's appalling child sex trade and corruption.

1 in 5 women report sexual assault in U.S

www.nytimes.com... i

edit on 29-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

Yeah I guess one should look at their own backyard before criticizing the neighbors, but when children as young as 9 years old are being kidnapped and forced into prostitution...

Daily Mail

But of course there are more pressing needs whenever Russia is involved.

If you have actually been to India ..and seen the reality .. it's pedophile Westerners who are going there from America and Europe and other countries, including Arabs, to exploit the poor population. They are fueling this illegal trade, including in places like Goa, a huge tourist spot where a lot of foreigners have taken up residence ..including the Portuguese ..
These sick bastards can not do their dirty deeds as easily back in their countries, so they do it where poor people can easily be exploited .. simply sick! It's not just in India, but worldwide ..
In spite of all this, local movements are trying to stamp out these traffickers in India on a daily basis ..
And yes, you are right, one should definitely look at their own back yard, and the whole picture first !

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This thread has strayed too far off topic.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

You Sir are one of the reasons our world is the way it is.
Unless of course you are a paid shill to derail the thread from what it was intended for.
If not, i would suggest taking the colored shades off your eyes so you can see the world for what it really is.
you have been fed a bunch of cr*p for oh so long that you actually believe things that make you & everything about you 'better'
unfortunately, this has brought us to where we are....

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

This is always the case. The moment India and/or China is mentioned somewhere in the title, all the disinfo leftist shills feel the obligation to come out and spread their spoonfed hypocritcal holier than thou claims. I have observed this pattern numerous times in this particular forum.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by f0xbat

Sorry but NO I have not misjudged anything in the slightest I'm well aware of India's occupation

I would have "thought" India would understand occupations and annexations is not acceptable but what ever keep sending those rockets up and ignoring inequality gaps widening and the huge poverty problems

India has threats from both sides sure

Why does India need 4 carrier to deter china and Pakistan to which they're all land locked? Christ build some schools or clean water pumps first and stop bashing on the west when we send you many many billions collectively per year and invest heavily in your emerging markets

Seem India hasn't learnt anything which is really sad,

Lines are being drawn, your either with us or without and or possible against?

Time will tell

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Russia's big but not that big, Mercator projection just makes it look that way. The poles are stretched out of all proportion to make the circular geometry work. Like America is about 9.6 million square kilometres and Russia is about 17 million but most of it is in the arctic.
Canada is about 10 million, again most of it is arctic.
edit on 1-4-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Looks like EU US relations with the East are getting awful convoluted. So we want to isolate Russia, integrate China, restrain China, eventually it gets to the point that our interests conflict with each other. This situation is so sticky we should have just let the Ukrainian regions vote on whether they would side with the Europeans or the Russians.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

if russia and china/india decide to trade they will forego the petrodollar and the rouble or yuan will become the world reserve currency, leavind america broke and on the sidelines

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

TritonTaranis
reply to post by f0xbat

Sorry but NO I have not misjudged anything in the slightest I'm well aware of India's occupation

I would have "thought" India would understand occupations and annexations is not acceptable but what ever keep sending those rockets up and ignoring inequality gaps widening and the huge poverty problems

Not going to bother to rationalise this with an irrational comment. You say you know India's occupation yet you seem to have no idea of the timeline. Im guessing in your world you can solve all the problems AND bring your country's technology up to scratch with your neighbours in 60 years or less, frankly thats an amazing feat. Don't know of any country that has gone from 500 years of occupation to completely solving all their issues in just 60 years. Maybe you should apply for a contract to work as a consultant or advisor to Indian government. Im sure they would like to know how to solve those problems you highlighted right away.

Clearly you keep shooting yourself in the foot with the polarised comments. I don't have the time, but im sure if i dug around i would find the same poverty and inequality in the US. Detroit would be a good start i think.

India has threats from both sides sure

Why does India need 4 carrier to deter china and Pakistan to which they're all land locked? Christ build some schools or clean water pumps first and stop bashing on the west when we send you many many billions collectively per year and invest heavily in your emerging markets

Again more polarised and downright spoonfed propaganda. Are you sure that there are no schools or clean water in India? you do know that India has one of the most fertile land on this planet. Especially south india. You would think that these people might know the importance of running water. But hey what would i know, i just sit behind this pc and read about their fascinating and sad history. Really, you should hit the books instead of watching MSM. Regurgitating the same propaganda over and over is not going to make your point any more valid than the first time.

I had a good laugh at all your response thus far, but this one takes the cake! 'stop bashing on the west when we send you many many billions collectively per year and invest heavily in your emerging markets' The US is 'investing' in emerging markets for 2 reasons. Firstly, they are 'investing' not because of the good will of the people as you tried to make it out to be. But rather to exploit the extremely low wage and ensuring it stays that way in order to increase their lust for profit. Secondly, they 'invest' in emerging markets in order to offload the ever increasing national debt to foreign countries. That's right you are enjoying you the ability to consume/buy goods at the expense of the poor as they slave away and take on your responsibility, so that you can buy that fancy car you wanted, or that really expensive jacket you liked. So umm, i think they and many other emerging countries around the world that have been exploited in a similar manner have every right to 'bash' the west.

As for the buildup of military hardware. Good on em' every country should learn and be able to defend itself. You say India has learnt nothing, i beg to differ.

Seem India hasn't learnt anything which is really sad,

Lines are being drawn, your either with us or without and or possible against?

Time will tell

That's a very funny thing to say, when you yourself have done nothing but spurt out polarised propaganda over and over. But hey continue your charade. I love a good laugh. if i was to choose between a murderous regime that relies on killing innocent people to ensure its economy stays afloat and keep their sheeples asleep so that they wont realise that their masters are robbing them blind. I would resoundingly say NO!
edit on 2-4-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join