It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US talking to India, China to isolate Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

news.oneindia.in...

Washington, March 29: The United States says it is talking with India and China among others as part of diplomatic efforts to isolate Russia over its annexation of Crimea, but it had not yet asked them to impose any sanctions."Well, I don't think we're there yet. Obviously, we've been consulting very closely with the Europeans about sanctions," State Department spokesperson Marie Harf told reporters Friday when asked if the US was going to seek Iran-oil like sanction from countries outside NATO.

Am wondering if these talks are going to take place before or after the meeting to contain China

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well, our government is now cooperating, not just cooperating but doing it openly, with both fascists and communists... I wonder how long it will be before they're open about everything, "we control you. there is no escape"...?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

While the POTUS is making these 'negotiations', he should question India's appalling child sex trade and corruption.

He should also have a quiet word to some of the high ranking fanatics who want to nuke everybody that looks at them funny. Like Barry or not, he does hold sway in the global theater and for once he should use that position to raise concerns that should be brought to light instead of making alliances for the sake of strategy.

edit on 29-3-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by maddy21

While the POTUS is making these 'negotiations', he should question India's appalling child sex trade and corruption.

1 in 5 women report sexual assault in U.S

www.nytimes.com... i

edit on 29-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
LOL... USA is too weak to do it alone.

USA USA USA !!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
You know why he's talking to India...because EVERYONE knows you can't trust Pakistan..So, when the time comes to stamp on Pakistan, they'll want India onside for maybe another proxy war.

Pakistan has been playing everyone for a fool, and everyone knows it but because of it's position, they've left it alone for now.

There will come a time when the "friendship" (cough) with Pakistan is no longer necessary.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

maddy21

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by maddy21

www.nytimes.com... i

Yeah I guess one should look at their own backyard before criticizing the neighbors, but when children as young as 9 years old are being kidnapped and forced into prostitution...

Daily Mail

But of course there are more pressing needs whenever Russia is involved.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

maddy21

Am wondering if these talks are going to take place before or after the meeting to contain China

Well, they first have to contain Russia, before they can start with the breakup of China.

But, they are really really obnoxious to actually go and talk with China, and ask it to help dig it's own grave. Question is, wether they will bite or not.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie

maddy21

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by maddy21

www.nytimes.com... i

Yeah I guess one should look at their own backyard before criticizing the neighbors, but when children as young as 9 years old are being kidnapped and forced into prostitution...

Daily Mail

But of course there are more pressing needs whenever Russia is involved.

And what makes you think you don't take the lead over there as well ? If your going to use Rapes for Internet browny points then your no different than a Rapist ...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

And what makes you think you don't take the lead over there as well ? If your going to use Rapes for Internet browny points then your no different than a Rapist ...

I find your comment incredibly insulting.

And I am not in any way using my deterrence for violence against women as a means to get 'brownie points' I do it as a concerned, upstanding citizen who will not stand for violence against women in any nation.

But it's the internet remember? everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And In my opinion your comment is by far the most most ill inspired remark that I've read in a while on any site let alone ATS. I'm sure that you are regretting it already but I won't hold it against you because we are all capable of mistakes.

But think long and hard before you make a remark like that again, Nobody likes being put in the same ilk as rapists, I dare say if you generalized people on the street like you did to me you'd be in quite a bit of trouble.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Davian
Well, our government is now cooperating, not just cooperating but doing it openly, with both fascists and communists... I wonder how long it will be before they're open about everything, "we control you. there is no escape"...?

I think you need to explain which government you consider yours for that statement to make any sense.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie

Name one perfect country.
Attacking India with cheap jabs simply because they may or may not play ball with Russia is simply sad.

He should also have a quiet word to some of the high ranking fanatics who want to nuke everybody that looks at them funny.

I don't think Obummer has that kind of power in the Kremlin.

US threatened with nuclear weapons live on Russian TV

A Russian propagandist Dmitri Kiselev threatens the United States with nuclear weapons. He said this on the final programme on channel one Russia. He said that "Russia is the only country that can turn the United States into radioactive ashes." As you know, Kiselyov has long played the role of the voice of the Kremlin. He has since autumn is propaganda war against, the first against Ukraine's European integration, then against Evromajdana. It has suffered from deliberate falsification in presenting information about Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

bjarneorn
Well, they first have to contain Russia, before they can start with the breakup of China.

I'd really like to meet someday these mental midgets that dreamed up this whole pop culture myth of Russia being possibly 'Contained' Russia is the single largest country on the planet, they have vast amounts of natural resources and are a Nuclear power with the 5th largest Army in the World. They practically surround a large percentage of the Arctic circle. They wanted to add to their already immense size the Crimea. Just to be sure....

edit on 29-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

SLAYER69

bjarneorn

I'd really like to meet someday these mental midgets that dreamed up this whole pop culture myth of Russia being possibly 'Contained' Russia is the single largest country on the planet, they have vast amounts of natural resources and are a Nuclear power with the 5th largest Army in the World. They practically surround a large percentage of the Arctic circle. They wanted to add to their already immense size the Crimea. Just to be sure....

You are right..and as we have seen...What if Russia shut down its airspace? Was just looking at the worlds busiest air ports on a thread here and there is a lot of traffic that crosses Russia.

These guys are poking a bear with a stick....Sure they can hurt Russia's economy but everyone elses as well....

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

'Poking the Bear'

Meh, Russia is doing it to itself...

Russia Is Becoming China’s Junior Partner

There is a word for this in Russian: pridatok. It means appendage. By overreaching on Russia’s western frontier, Putin may have succeeded in making Russia no more than a pridatok to China in the rising East.

China on the other hand has to worry about other pro Russian 'separatists or separatism' movements in Central Asia. Their other main source of Fuel, This would make for a bad way to fly strategically...

China, Russia and the Ukrainian divide

If mass uprisings were to break out in these turbulent Central Asian nations, ruled by old autocrats and therefore structurally ill-suited to manage smooth political successions, Beijing could find itself in the same position as Europe is today in Ukraine, faced with the Russian bear justifying an armed intervention to defend its interests and citizens, as well as the lives of ethnic Russians, across this region.

Such a scenario ultimately amounts to a responsibility to protect in "Russian guise" that China would find indeed uncomfortable, if for no other reason than it would entail Moscow's enhanced leverage on countries providing Beijing with over half of its gas imports.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by maddy21

I find your comment incredibly insulting.

And I am not in any way using my deterrence for violence against women as a means to get 'brownie points' I do it as a concerned, upstanding citizen who will not stand for violence against women in any nation.

But it's the internet remember? everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And In my opinion your comment is by far the most most ill inspired remark that I've read in a while on any site let alone ATS. I'm sure that you are regretting it already but I won't hold it against you because we are all capable of mistakes.

But think long and hard before you make a remark like that again, Nobody likes being put in the same ilk as rapists, I dare say if you generalized people on the street like you did to me you'd be in quite a bit of trouble.

You are quite the comedian. We need more people like around here. Let me get this straight. You abhor the talks with India because of some domestic problem which you seem to this is unique to India. Well i did a bit of googling on america's child sex slave. I believed it would return a result of 0 for if it did, then you would have a ground to stand. Unfortunately to your poor guided possibly uneducated opinion. America too suffers the same problem.

www.fox19.com...

But hey lets not start generalising shall we because as you said 'if you generalized people on the street like you did to me you'd be in quite a bit of trouble.'

So the moral of the story, clean ones own yard before criticizing another.

Anyway, i hope India and China stick with russia. I personally dont see this as a way to pressure russia to fall in line, but rather the US is trying to probe for weakness that it may exploit in the future. Should BRICS break away become active.
edit on 29-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Attacking India with cheap jabs simply because they may or may not play ball with Russia is simply sad.

I don't believe I did such a thing, I was merely suggesting that this issue of child trafficking was raised. I am in no way having a cheap shot at India in it's entirety, just like I wouldn't take a cheap shot at all Americans because of what the Bush administration did.

But as they say nothing is true, and everything is permitted.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Davian

When Churchill was criticised for taking up with Stalin, his comment was that he would even be willing to put in a good word for Satan, if Hitler had just invaded Hell.
A successful foreign policy cannot just be about rounding up all the good people of the world on your side.
It has to be about rounding up enough people to tilt the balance in your favour.
Idealism is not enough- you need a bit of Realpolitik.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by f0xbat

You are quite the comedian. We need more people like around here. Let me get this straight. You abhor the talks with India because of some domestic problem which you seem to this is unique to India. Well i did a bit of googling on america's child sex slave. I believed it would return a result of 0 for if it did, then you would have a ground to stand. Unfortunately to your poor guided possibly uneducated opinion. America too suffers the same problem.

Yeah this poor uneducated sap doesn't know about the outside world and needs to blame India for everything, because god damn me for raising the issue in the first place, or would you rather I have never mentioned it and let us be none the wiser?

I may not have the summa cum laude that many others claim to have but I do have a social conscience, and if expressing my concern makes me a tool, then by all means call me a tool.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

I don't need to call you anything if you feel like as you described then it must be true. since its one's own perception. Anyway, you clearly did not read the moral of the story. I have seen this kind of hypocritical point numerous time on this board and many others. Its as if to highlight all the bad and nasty things in the world only happen in India, therefore Indians need to be isolated from the world until they solve the problem. When in truth this is a GLOBAL problem, not one country is exempt .This whole idea of using what is a global problem as a blackmail for a deal is just plain preposterous and hypocritical at best. I am only responding to the idiocy and stupidity of using such empty hypocritical points to makes one argument/point of view to hold some sort of weight, when it in fact it makes a mockery of their own lack of understanding of the issue and how wide a problem really is.
edit on 29-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join