It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so jaded it isn't funny.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

1ofthe9

DarksideOz
ANd look at the the response from the guy who started theis thread. I asked him to explain what it was that he was actually getting at, as he seemed a bit confused by it himself. His response was basically 'don't worry about, I'm sick of this'. Well that's a great start to getting to the root of his problem. This guy wrote a drunken rant because he couldn't pick up that night, and then offers no support to those offering support. If this is a valid cause for depression, then someone shoot me now because the world has gone SOFT !

I'm a hell of a lot harder than you think.

I've had to deal with this Kafkaesque maze of false accusations, *repeated* emotional abuse from women, and to top it all off as I found out this weekend: apparently I'm a mediocre looking white boy and sexually inferior to people of color ('muh white privilege) according to someone I formerly placed a great deal of trust in. Of course, they can't say this # to my face.
Never mind the absolute bat# insanity I was lucky enough to witness at my university - you older folks really don't appreciate just how bat# insane liberal arts types have gotten on campus. I'm tired of dealing with these emotional parasites, and I'm so hyper-sensitive to 'red flags' I really can't connect with anyone anymore. I feel dead inside for gods sake, I've lost a lot of my ability to be empathic towards other people. I'm far, far, far colder than I was before. This insanity has changed me, and not for the better.

Seriously, if you've had to spend a year and more of your life dealing with this insanity, I think you'd be a little more prone to angrily venting while drinking as well.

Grow up! and before you start I'm 29. I started off trying to help you but you are this depressed over a girl leaving you for a black guy? listen mate.

My dad beat my mum, my mum was an alcoholic, she had affairs then drugs and I witnessed this all until she was murdered when I was 14. Then my dad beat me and my sister, then I left home, was homeless, got a girl pregnant, she cheated on me repeatedly, my son was diagnosed with serious problems that could kill him in his sleep every night. Ive been arressted for nothing over my exes lies, ive been in the papers, ive been laughed at and judged. I am broke as hell, i work in a place where im under constant pressure and my private life is a joke. AND GUESS WHAT?! I'm still standing and more importantly Im still smiling and laughing and Im making my life better because thats the only thing you can do. So you take your crappy year and compare it to the lifetime of others who have had it way worse and I dont see them begging for attention on a message board!
edit on 31.3.2014 by Scotscorps84 because: I was too harsh

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Scotscorps84

1ofthe9

DarksideOz
ANd look at the the response from the guy who started theis thread. I asked him to explain what it was that he was actually getting at, as he seemed a bit confused by it himself. His response was basically 'don't worry about, I'm sick of this'. Well that's a great start to getting to the root of his problem. This guy wrote a drunken rant because he couldn't pick up that night, and then offers no support to those offering support. If this is a valid cause for depression, then someone shoot me now because the world has gone SOFT !

I'm a hell of a lot harder than you think.

I've had to deal with this Kafkaesque maze of false accusations, *repeated* emotional abuse from women, and to top it all off as I found out this weekend: apparently I'm a mediocre looking white boy and sexually inferior to people of color ('muh white privilege) according to someone I formerly placed a great deal of trust in. Of course, they can't say this # to my face.
Never mind the absolute bat# insanity I was lucky enough to witness at my university - you older folks really don't appreciate just how bat# insane liberal arts types have gotten on campus. I'm tired of dealing with these emotional parasites, and I'm so hyper-sensitive to 'red flags' I really can't connect with anyone anymore. I feel dead inside for gods sake, I've lost a lot of my ability to be empathic towards other people. I'm far, far, far colder than I was before. This insanity has changed me, and not for the better.

Seriously, if you've had to spend a year and more of your life dealing with this insanity, I think you'd be a little more prone to angrily venting while drinking as well.

Grow up! and before you start I'm 29. I started off trying to help you but you are this depressed over a girl leaving you for a black guy? listen mate.

Oh for #s sake, that isn't what happened at all. It has less to do with 'boo hoo my broken heart' and more with having to play trauma therapist for a year before being randomly denounced as a racist/colonialist/oppressor of the third world for my rural background and desire to live outside an urban area. Oh, and now I'm ugly and inferior because hurr durr white. Normally I would not give a #, but I really dislike people talking # everywhere but to my face - never mind finding out they were playing me the entire time.

I'm dealing with a seemingly endless chain of emotional vampire types who pretend to be something else so they can use me. THAT is the problem. I'm tired of having my head #ed with again and again - and its gone to ridiculous levels at times.
edit on 12014f3109America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Bad things happen to everyone at some stage. We all have our down moments but I will guarantee you that if you try and remember that whatever situation you're in, there's always many more doing it worse. Do the problems you described compare to someone living in a 3rd world country ? Are they worse than someone diagnosed with an fatal disease ?

It's ok to have a bitch and moan every now and then to let off some steam, but once you've released then just move on and take everything as it comes.

My best advice is, the next time you have a problem that is really getting you down, then in you mind scan out as if you were looking from the edge of our Solar system back at Earth. Now think about how small you are on Earth. See how insignificant your problem is from an edge of the Solar system point of view ?

That "problem" is not even a blip on radar of the bigger picture

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Firstly, I accept your genuine apology. Secondly, I offer my own apology for my tone in my response to you, as you were about the 8th person in short time to give me the "what would I know" line and unfortunately for you, you wore the brunt of the other 7 people, and I apologize.

Good to see issues can be resolved in a civil manner. And look at that, a potential problem between you and I just turned out to be a non issue with a few calm breaths and some logical thinking. I think there's something in that for ALL of us ?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

DarksideOz
reply to post by Night Star

Firstly, I accept your genuine apology. Secondly, I offer my own apology for my tone in my response to you, as you were about the 8th person in short time to give me the "what would I know" line and unfortunately for you, you wore the brunt of the other 7 people, and I apologize.

Good to see issues can be resolved in a civil manner. And look at that, a potential problem between you and I just turned out to be a non issue with a few calm breaths and some logical thinking. I think there's something in that for ALL of us ?

Indeed! I am relieved that you accepted my apology.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Looks like you need better friends, people in your life. There are genuinely nice folks out in the world, it's just a matter of finding them. You need people who will genuinely care, accept you for who you are and who you can count on and believe in. Try not to close yourself off to everyone. Having decent people in your life will make a world of difference.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

1ofthe9
I'm 24 and I have an incredibly hard time willing myself to speak with women. I'm drunk, and well...yeah.

I have seen so much # in my life its rediculous. I used to be a far-left, Social Justice type...and I just can't do it any more.

Seriously. I'm watching myself be called ugly on tumblr by people I don't even speak to anymore and just...goddamn. I can't do this bull# anymore I just can't.

hey buddy i am 9 of 9 give all that politic's up just be your self have fun the girl's hate serious in that one be happy who gives a damm what tumblr thinks of you

WHAT DO YOU THINK of you are you fun to be about are you happy

love your self or as moses said man know your self and the rest of the planet will follow

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Looks like you need better friends, people in your life. There are genuinely nice folks out in the world, it's just a matter of finding them. You need people who will genuinely care, accept you for who you are and who you can count on and believe in. Try not to close yourself off to everyone. Having decent people in your life will make a world of difference.

Yeah. That seems to be the key of solving the matter. The trick is identifying the legit good people, from the folks who are putting on a song and dance to hide their true selves. God knows it seems to be a lot more difficult then it should be. It also doesn't help matters that my campus is basically full of Social Justice Warrior types - and woo boy. I have seen and heard some messed up stuff in my time here. Like my god, I wish I could explain just how utterly crazy modern campus culture has become. Its super toxic on top of everything else.

I also apologize if I've been a prick to you guys. I've been having a rough week, and I don't think my meds are working the way they should be. I'll hopefully be able to sort this out with my doctor tomorrow. -_- I know it pales in comparison to the nastier stuff going on in the world, but learning I'd wasted a considerable amount of my time and emotional energy on people deliberately messing with my head really threw me for a loop.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I've never been to college so I have no idea of what that's like. I would imagine it's stressful enough just passing the courses, Good luck to you on meeting better people. It will happen in time. HUGS!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Scotscorps84

My dad beat my mum, my mum was an alcoholic, she had affairs then drugs and I witnessed this all until she was murdered when I was 14. Then my dad beat me and my sister, then I left home, was homeless, got a girl pregnant, she cheated on me repeatedly, my son was diagnosed with serious problems that could kill him in his sleep every night. Ive been arressted for nothing over my exes lies, ive been in the papers, ive been laughed at and judged. I am broke as hell, i work in a place where im under constant pressure and my private life is a joke. AND GUESS WHAT?! I'm still standing and more importantly Im still smiling and laughing and Im making my life better because thats the only thing you can do.

So you take your crappy year and compare it to the lifetime of others who have had it way worse and I dont see them begging for attention on a message board!

I see, he has no right to share his grief, because the grief you felt compelled to share is of a much greater magnitude.....

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FancyName

If that is the way you choose to interpret it!

I'm an apathetic soul, and I think I speak for everyone who replied in the start, when I state that we offered kind words and advice only to be told each time "that's not good enough" "i'm too depressed for that" "you don't understand" I'm paraphrasing obviously before someone decides to take that out of context also. Genuine people not limited to but including myself who had faced similar feelings and battles took time out to reach out to a stranger.

The point of the post that you quoted was perhaps to make the OP realise that I and others have been through this, some the same, some worse but that the advice of people who have been through it is usually worth taking.

I've said what I had to say previous to the post you choose to quote, and ill stand by it. These are my last words in this post and I do honestly hope that the OP starts to feel better and manages to work out whatever issues are making him feel so hopeless.

for a minute and think, you would rather poke holes in my response that actively offer something positive to the OP
I think that in itself speaks volumes

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Scotscorps84
reply to post by FancyName

If that is the way you choose to interpret it!

I'm an apathetic soul, and I think I speak for everyone who replied in the start, when I state that we offered kind words and advice only to be told each time "that's not good enough" "i'm too depressed for that" "you don't understand" I'm paraphrasing obviously before someone decides to take that out of context also. Genuine people not limited to but including myself who had faced similar feelings and battles took time out to reach out to a stranger.

The point of the post that you quoted was perhaps to make the OP realise that I and others have been through this, some the same, some worse but that the advice of people who have been through it is usually worth taking.

I've said what I had to say previous to the post you choose to quote, and ill stand by it. These are my last words in this post and I do honestly hope that the OP starts to feel better and manages to work out whatever issues are making him feel so hopeless.

for a minute and think, you would rather poke holes in my response that actively offer something positive to the OP
I think that in itself speaks volumes

Ah. I grok you now. I couldn't tell if you were attacking me or what.
I'm slowly feeling better, and I'm hoping that I can make some real progress by completely cutting parasitic people out of my life. My tolerance for that kind of thing has been shot, so hopefully it won't be as big of an issue as it has been.

For the curious, go to Reddit and check out TumblrInAction. These 'SJW' people, unfortunately, are extremely common in universities - and they tend to try to seize control of student unions. They are INSANELY toxic to be around, and I really hope this movement can be nipped in the bud before it starts spreading off-campus. It has gotten really, really, scary in some aspects. Think struggle sessions during the Cultural Revolution in China...something like that apparently happened just before I got involved with these types. Its possible there is worse stuff going on too - a former friend (the one who stabbed me in the back as it turns out) told me about freaking knife combat tactics as a part of one of her classes. I dunno if someone 'upstairs' should be informed about this stuff or not, or even how to go about doing that.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Can you link to an example, I don't have any experience with reddit and my navigation skills on that site are apparently sub par.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

calstorm
Can you link to an example, I don't have any experience with reddit and my navigation skills on that site are apparently sub par.

Enjoy.

Folks I used to know have been featured there. Its...really messed up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join