It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen's Death Follow Radical Immigration Policy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"A radical immigration policy under which local law enforcement agencies have been told to ignore orders to hand over custody of illegal alien criminals for possible deportation apparently has led to the death of a teenager in Illinois, WND has learned."

"Erick Maya, 23, is currently being held by authorities in Romeoville, Ill., a suburb 30 miles southwest of Chicago, after being arrested and charged with the murder of his 15-year-old girlfriend and the attempted murder of her mother in February."

"It’s not the first time that a local ordinance of this kind is at the center of controversy. In late 2011, Saul Chavez was allowed to bond out of Cook County Jail despite having a similar ICE detainer.

Chavez had hit and killed a pedestrian named Denny McCann, 68, in June 2011 while driving drunk. Chavez had registered a .29 blood alcohol level later that evening when he was arrested. Chavez bonded out after $20,000 or 10 percent of his $200,000 bond was paid and his detainer ignored.

He subsequently missed a court date and is considered a fugitive presumed to be living in his home state of Mexico."

"Cook County is among a series of localities that have similar ordinances. In 2011, ICE agents did a sweep and arrested 63 suspected illegal aliens after Santa Clara County, Calif., released them under a similar ordinance there.

In the state of New York, Luis Rodriguez Flamenco allegedly stabbed 45-year-old Kathleen Byham outside a Wal-Mart in Albion after an ICE detainer was ignored when Flamenco was incarcerated for an unrelated burglary charge."

Read more at www.wnd.com...

There have been so many citizens who have suffered at the hands of illegal immigrants and nothing is done about it. I have an online friend who lost his only son because our laws weren't enforced and an illegal with previous arrests and deportations killed him. There are too many tragic deaths that could have been prevented.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Crazy people and criminals come in all shapes, sizes and from many countries. It's a solid reason for everyone who is able to be armed and trained with firearms.

That said I believe every illegal immigrant in the US should be rounded up and sent back to whatever country they came from. We have a lot of them is this area, many are involved with gangs and crime but if you listen to the bleeding hearts all they want is to make a better life for themselves. As you've shown from the article some of them don't care who they hurt or kill to do it.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There's a similar situation in Australia over the past couple of years but with asylum seekers and refugees: There have been several incidences of crime, hit and runs and a stabbing that were committed by refugees/asylum seekers who received suspended or grossly lenient sentences. With the bleeding hearts saying 'they didn't know it was bad' poor refugees and no sympathy for their victims.

Victorian Police are currently searching for an Somalian man who chased and molested several women in broad daylight in front of crowds of people. He was arrested at the scene and 'released but now the police have released the footage again because his sexual assaults have escalated. What does it take??

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Take this for what it is worth, a blanket statement, but I have a friend who was born in Mexico, yet is a citizen of the USA. She says that all the illegal immigrants she knows are here not because they are running to something, but running from something. Usually, trouble with the law.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

"We have a lot of them is this area, many are involved with gangs and crime but if you listen to the bleeding hearts all they want is to make a better life for themselves."

That is a huge problem and usually comes from people who haven't had negative affects or known anyone who has...yet. They will easily disregard all the murderers, gang members, pedophiles, thieves, that come here for a 'better' life.

There was a teenaged girl who lost both her legs because of a drunken illegal immigrant. There was a man who lost both his wife and little girl at the same time because of an illegal immigrant. There were a couple of young men in a neighboring town, same town, different incidents where they were dragged beneath a car of an illegal drunken driver and left to die.

There are countless stories of preventable deaths caused by illegals and our laws not being enforced. Time and time again we hear that these same illegals had previous arrests. It's like the safety of American citizens is not even a concern. Very sad.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalixi

" He was arrested at the scene and 'released but now the police have released the footage again because his sexual assaults have escalated. What does it take??"

Exactly!! Just how many more lives have to be ruined? These are important issues and continue to escalate and these lives don't seem to matter.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Mexico has a reputation of being a pretty lawless country, and the illegal immigrants add credence to that hypothesis.
It makes you wonder why our government would turn such a blind eye to the ever-growing number of gangs illegals are reported to be forming. Someday they will have to crack down on the problem. If they wait long enough, it might just take an act of Marshal Law.....

I have believed for decades that Marshal Law will happen, and it seems that nearly all of the 'dominoes' are in place.
I have watched America go from being a free nation, to thinking we are a free nation, to......the cusp of a new world.

Many years ago, I met a Mexican through mutual friends. He seemed like a very likable guy.
He wrecked his girlfriends car. He was very drunk, and survived without any injuries. His girlfriends' two little boys died, however, and he was deported. No criminal charges were filed.
That's when I learned that he was an illegal immigrant, and had been deported every year, at least once, for many years.

He had a wife and 8 children in Mexico.

The very next year he was back - this time with his very pregnant wife. She gave birth in the US, so they didn't need to worry about deportation for at least 18 years.
And our wonderful system not only payed their medical bills, but gave them money and housing and food stamps for NINE kids.
All of the local churches took them 'under their wing', giving clothing and food to this 'needy' family.

I think they are up to 12 kids now.
Breaking the law seems to have more financial rewards than abiding by the law now days. I'm sure any honest politician ( if there is such a thing) would agree.

America doesn't give me the sense of pride it once did. Now it gives me a sense of deep sorrow.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

"America doesn't give me the sense of pride it once did. Now it gives me a sense of deep sorrow."

America has changed so much since I was a kid, sometimes I hardly recognize her.

There are plenty of illegals who have had previous arrests and deportations and just keep coming back again. It's like a revolving door.

I knew couples who claimed they were a one income household and got food stamps, free medical and cheap housing. The wives worked and husbands worked under the table. Together they made well above the poverty level. These people did not seem like the deceitful type and I was shocked. None of the illegals that I knew were really poor when coming here as they paid a lot for fraudulent documents.

They discovered that some illegals were claiming kids that didn't even belong to them or even live in this country for tax refunds. There is too much deception and taking advantage of programs meant for US citizens. Many break the law just coming here illegally and continue once they get settled. There are no background or health checks so criminals just waltz over or over stay a visa and we have no idea if they have had criminal activity in the past.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Did anyone else catch that he was 23 and his girlfriend was 15? To my knowledge, that is illegal as well.

This country is going down the drain faster by the year and it's not getting any better.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That is it!

It is about time we cordoned off New York and just place all the violent criminals in there.

Send the others to Canada, or Alaska where they can receive mental treatments.

I am tired of hearing about previous offenders (I myself was struck by an illegal immigrant driving drunk through a red light while smuggling drugs) getting away with violent offenses.

-FBB

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli
That is it!

It is about time we cordoned off New York and just place all the violent criminals in there.

Send the others to Canada, or Alaska where they can receive mental treatments.

I am tired of hearing about previous offenders (I myself was struck by an illegal immigrant driving drunk through a red light while smuggling drugs) getting away with violent offenses.

-FBB

It amazes me just how many offenses are for drunk driving! Illegals shouldn't be here in the first place, never mind driving around intoxicated and hurting or killing citizens. Too many people think it's only nice folks who are here illegally. Their families are safe, their jobs are safe so they only see sunshine and roses. If you point out any negative impact, they automatically ignore the suffering of our citizens like it never happened, or say that a citizen could have done the same thing. The point here is that if the illegals weren't here the crimes wouldn't have been committed and thousands of people would still be alive today.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Those are some sad stories and I feel for the families and friends that were effected.

I do have to question why people seem to have selective outrage over immigration and immigrants. Sure, some illegal immigrants commit crimes....so do legal citizens. Are we going to make generalizing statements about Americans as well due to the actions of the few?

Why don't we cry "outrage" when your fresh fruits and veggies are cheaper because an illegal immigrant picked it?

Why don't we cry "outrage" when our favorite restaurant keeps labor down by hiring illegal immigrant dishwashers and cooks?

Why don't we cry "outrage" when the new roof on your house is $5K cheaper because it was done by an illegal immigrant crew?

An illegal immigrant commits a crime and all of the sudden we are concerned with immigration and we take the opportunity to lump them all together and call them bad people.

It's disingenuous and hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
Those are some sad stories and I feel for the families and friends that were effected.

I do have to question why people seem to have selective outrage over immigration and immigrants. Sure, some illegal immigrants commit crimes....so do legal citizens. Are we going to make generalizing statements about Americans as well due to the actions of the few?

Why don't we cry "outrage" when your fresh fruits and veggies are cheaper because an illegal immigrant picked it?

Why don't we cry "outrage" when our favorite restaurant keeps labor down by hiring illegal immigrant dishwashers and cooks?

Why don't we cry "outrage" when the new roof on your house is $5K cheaper because it was done by an illegal immigrant crew?

An illegal immigrant commits a crime and all of the sudden we are concerned with immigration and we take the opportunity to lump them all together and call them bad people.

First of all this has nothing to do with legal immigrants who came through the proper channels with great respect to our Country, and who have had background and health checks.

There is a HUGE difference between illegals causing crimes and a legal citizen. Had our laws been enforced, the thousands of victims would still be alive today! It wasn't a legal citizen who killed this girl, it was someone who never should have been here to begin with. By your thinking, it's ok to add more criminals to our Country.

Many Illegals who work here are often treated badly, get paid less than minimum wage, are forced to work longer hours etc. Many illegals have moved far beyond the fields and are in many other areas of the workforce. They are taking up roofing, construction, factory work etc. They have taken jobs that citizens would gladly take and we have millions of unemployed at this time. Citizens have families to feed and care for and should always have a job over an illegal foreigner. How do you think an immigrant who is going through the proper channels feel? They had to pay their dues and wait their time, while illegals just cut to the head of the line. Not to mention all the fraud caused by illegals and the millions of dollars it cost us as tax payers. The issue is that this young girl would still be alive today had our laws been enforced.

There is no selective outrage over immigration and immigrants as you say. There is a HUGE difference between legal and illegal immigrants.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

kimish
Did anyone else catch that he was 23 and his girlfriend was 15? To my knowledge, that is illegal as well.

This country is going down the drain faster by the year and it's not getting any better.

I noticed that, and in my area its quite common if you don't watch your kids and what they're up to. Not only that, but they don't care who they date as long as they don't have to go back. Not my words, but from a friend from highschool that tells me "they're the easier catch"

Aside from that, this happened somewhere close in my family to someone who was 14 at the time, and ill tell you this much. The outcome was very bad as it wasn't the police that came into his home and threw cuffs on him first. They were the last to come in

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

They're just as illegal as the crimes being committed itself though.

sheepslayer247

What about an legal immigrants take on an illegal immigrant? You'd be surprised. Its a pointless argument since we're still in the age of borders & boundaries, and the fact that having no documentation of being here (illegal immigrant) is against the law. Since we're going there, aren't you illegal yourself? Don't the dying indigenous people of North America, in whatever region you reside in (:assuming you live in America) have every right to sleep in your home?

Sure, let's pretend that nobody has been even a small bit hypocritical in their entire life...

Respect tho.
edit on 30-3-2014 by QuantumDeath because: Shish

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
30 pages of victims of illegal immigrants.
www.fncic-voiacm.org...

"Guillen-Martinez reportedly molested a 10-year-old girl and recorded hundreds of images, including videos of the abuse. Thirty one year old Gerardo Cruz-Hernandez is a fugitive, facing 70 counts of rape Bump was found stabbed to death on a trail at the Northwest Side park at about 5:39 p.m. on Dec. 31. Perpetrator: Christian Ivan Bautista was also arrested in 2007 for aggravated robbery and two counts of possession of marijuana. He later pleaded no contest to the charges."

There are 30 pages of preventable deaths of our American citizens.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

One of our problems is the Sanctuary Cities that are located all over the Country. These city Governments give special treatment to illegals.

In 2008, Gavin Newsom, who served as mayor of San Francisco at the time, publicized the city's sanctuary status in a press release for San Francisco's Sanctuary City Outreach Program. Newsome later backtracked somewhat after news organizations began exposing how the city's sanctuary policy had protected illegal alien gang members that were committing serious crimes in San Francisco and elsewhere. In 2009, Newsome attempted to veto an ordinance passed by San Francisco's even more radical Board of Supervisors which prohibited illegal aliens charged with crimes from being detained by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Newsome now serves as California's Lt. Governor.

California, Think about think, This Man is your Lt. Governor!

Why do public officials pass sanctuary laws or establish unwritten "don't ask--don't tell" policies? There are a variety of reasons. Some politicians attempt to appease illegal immigration support groups such as the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), Mexican American Legal Defense & Education Fund (MALDF), and League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), or other immigration activist groups that lobby local governments to implement formal or informal sanctuary policies. Other reasons include political contributions and ethnic voter support at election time; complacency, ignorance, or "don't care" attitudes; and purposeful resistance to existing U.S. immigration law based upon an open-border political philosophy that may serve their economic, political, or ethnocentric interests. In the end, officials just don't want immigration laws enforced--and that includes a great number of people who are in charge of municipal law enforcement, especially big cities. It's much easier for city officials to collect their paychecks and avoid the political protests and threats of expensive lawsuits that routinely follow attempts by cities to stop illegal aliens from taking root in their communities.

Sanctuary policies--official or otherwise, result in safe havens (or safer havens) for illegal aliens involved in a variety of criminal enterprises--since their illegal schemes are less likely to be uncovered and face less risk of deportation if caught by local law enforcement. Sanctuary policies also provide an environment helpful to Latin American drug cartels, gangs, and terrorist cells--since their activities are less likely to be detected by law enforcement.

Some sanctuary cities (e.g., Chicago and San Francisco) even receive millions of dollars in federal State Criminal Alien Assistance Program grants to compensate for the cost of jailing illegal alien criminals--even though city sanctuary policies act to encourage illegal alien settlement.

The negative effects of Santa Clara County California's sanctuary policy has put its citizens at greater risk according to the county's District Attorney. District Attorney Jeffrey Rosen has proposed that the County Board of Supervisors vote to ease its law baring local law enforcement from cooperating with federal immigration law enforcement. Rosen gave an example of a woman who was raped by an illegal alien who had been shielded from from federal detention by the county's policy.

Link

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

It's pretty sad when illegal criminals are thought of more highly than the lives of an American citizen.

Everyone is crying for amnesty but with other amnesties all we got were more illegals, more negative impacts on our citizens.

I have read of so many accounts of pedophiles, murderers, thieves, rapists etc. Many of these illegals have had previous arrests and deportations and they just keep coming back. If we stop the jobs, and freebies and secure our border and enforce our laws, so many lives could be saved.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by guohua

It's pretty sad when illegal criminals are thought of more highly than the lives of an American citizen.

Everyone is crying for amnesty but with other amnesties all we got were more illegals, more negative impacts on our citizens.

I have read of so many accounts of pedophiles, murderers, thieves, rapists etc. Many of these illegals have had previous arrests and deportations and they just keep coming back. If we stop the jobs, and freebies and secure our border and enforce our laws, so many lives could be saved.

True, and the article I'm about to attach may help us all understand a little better.

In the Obama years, all of the increase in deportations has involved people picked up within 100 miles of the border, most of whom have just recently crossed over. In 2013, almost two-thirds of deportations were in that category.
At the same time, the administration largely ended immigration roundups at workplaces and shifted investigators into targeting business owners who illegally hired foreign workers.
"If you are a run-of-the-mill immigrant here illegally, your odds of getting deported are close to zero — it's just highly unlikely to happen," John Sandweg, until recently the acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said in an interview.
Even when immigration officials want to deport someone who already has settled in the country, doing so is "virtually impossible" because of a lengthy backlog in the immigration courts, Sandweg said. Once people who have no prior removals or convictions are placed in deportation proceedings, actually removing them from the country can take six years or more in some jurisdictions, Sandweg said.

Link

Actually, I think it's our Governments Fault for Not Staying on top of this and just taking them to the boarder every time.
Their not going anywhere, not until Congressmen or Senators or the president family is harmed.
We, the average American Citizen mean nothing to them.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It's this way in any Western country from North America to Europe. It's not their fault, it's our government(s) fault for not putting their foot down and following the laws they themselves put in place. I've been around the world (literally) and spent considerable amounts of time in many of the countries I visited. Time and time again, you'll see immigrants (typically illegal) play a huge role in that countries crime rate.

Yet, these countries (many extremely liberal) turn a blind eye to the issues which in return, results in many ethnic people growing angry as they feel their government isn't listening to them.

I say deport all illegals back to their countries of origin. A nation shouldn't go as far as to hurt itself to offer safety to those who abuse it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join