It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things are shaking up here in LA county

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

You do live on a fault line after all, not near one, but directly above it.

So one must contemplate some important questions.

Like such as is this lifestyle so important that I should risk my life and the lives of my children? Should I take advantage of the situation where I can make bundles of money here and then move somewhere else? Would it be worth it to make my money while paying out the ridiculous cost of living at the same time or should I move somewhere else?

OP I am not talking down to you or anyone else on this thread but those are questions you should ask yourself.

Or as the bible says, build your house on a solid foundation, build it on a rock as opposed to sand.

You do live on a fault line. I know that you know that everybody else knows that one day its going to give in, but none of us know exactly which day that would come.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Oh, no, now guess what. My ears are popping as if I'm in a plane descending, constant. It's quite scary.

Doubt its a panic attack or psychosomatic, as its really happening while I was keeping abreast of other news (and watching Star Trek Voyager).

Weird. (and no i'm not new to SoCAL, either=D)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

txinfidel

You do live on a fault line after all, not near one, but directly above it.

So one must contemplate some important questions.

Like such as is this lifestyle so important that I should risk my life and the lives of my children? Should I take advantage of the situation where I can make bundles of money here and then move somewhere else? Would it be worth it to make my money while paying out the ridiculous cost of living at the same time or should I move somewhere else?

OP I am not talking down to you or anyone else on this thread but those are questions you should ask yourself.

Or as the bible says, build your house on a solid foundation, build it on a rock as opposed to sand.

You do live on a fault line. I know that you know that everybody else knows that one day its going to give in, but none of us know exactly which day that would come.

I actually relocated back here from NYC shortly after 9/11 Looking back, the worst place I lived was Washington DC cause it was so close to the capitol, and the second NYC, because it was the center of the banksters/wall st.

I appreciate your concerns, and actually believe in them whole heartedly long term. I mean to say, in a country full of nuclear reactors waiting to go meltdown, or where another 'colonization' may take place in our lifetimes, I know I won't be here 10 years from now when I enter my 40s.

I haven't any fear of events. I find them a sign of the times. I lost my only sibling months ago. Life is but a journey.. if one isn't constantly 'moving' then they're not getting very far.

Once again I appreciate your taking the time to consider what you can do for God, and humanity, instead of the masses out there that pray to and ask God for this and that.

I like the idea that this area is used to seismic movement and worry only when it becomes quiet for years which it did for the past few. Small frequent quakes that release pressure often are better than the buildup to just one huge one where all the pressure is released in one shot. At least, that's how I'd lke to think of it

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Sounds to me like you have a dark cloud following you. Id love to invite you over, but please don't bring the dark cloud.

Translation: those all seem like crappy places to live. Maybe if you tone it down a few notches you might find what you were looking for?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

txinfidel

Sounds to me like you have a dark cloud following you. Id love to invite you over, but please don't bring the dark cloud.

Translation: those all seem like crappy places to live. Maybe if you tone it down a few notches you might find what you were looking for?

My bank account says otherwise considering I'm barely 30yo.. but then again $ is indeed dark/evil but i've been generous/charitable ever since high school days and am saving up for a $2M retirement estate of 20 acres in southeast asia (not the pacific) nowhere near faults/ring of fire and plan to help create jobs for the locals in the village and help educate their next of kin.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Hey if that what makes you happy....

...then I say go for it.

Best of luck to you my friend.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Mightly thanks, Texan infidel! =D

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

No problem, thats a mighty humble thing to do. I admire people like you. Maybe someday I will be like that, but probably not.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Lots of activity here

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
In my opinion, we're all just different manifestions of the same.

Anyways, as for LA county, that's a population of some 10 million people we're talking about, not just 'me'.

Hopefully nobody got hurt because of these tremors or aftershocks.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
^ 30 aftershocks already? Wonder what's the 'aftershock' window? Like will we still get aftershocks tomorrow from the same epi, or even a bigger one by tomorrow or after?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am concerned- I just woke up (on the other side of the world), and see my childhood friends on Facebook posting images of destruction in their houses and in stores. Is this still going on?
I see comments about La Habra.... my father lives in Brea, his home on a dangerous slope with more homes dangerously perched above it, so I can't help but worry!

Can anyone make a sort of summary of the situation for those of who just joined you and feel a little lost trying to follow the pages of this thread?
It would be appreciated!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

It is what it is my friend, you for one and many others around you I wish you well. Just do the right thing I guess, but I think you got that covered.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

gardener
^ 30 aftershocks already? Wonder what's the 'aftershock' window? Like will we still get aftershocks tomorrow from the same epi, or even a bigger one by tomorrow or after?

We can have many aftershocks from tonight to tomorrow to even weeks from quakes.
The bad part is that this could be just the small size one.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yeah, that seismograph is busy eh?

A 5.1 is nothing... at depth... but at a shallow 1.9km and less, it FEELS much worse... They need a scale much like the temp scale and heat index 'feels like' scale for quakes.. like a 5.1 at 14km should at surface feel like a 2.4, but at 100m or 1.9km, raise it as it goes more shallow..

Just a thought.. may have felt like a 6.2 to many...

Cheers,

/P

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I can't believe Zaph bitch slapt my thread closed.

Kidding Zaph, not like I didn't call attention to the obvious.

I'm going to note here, as I did in my thread.
It seemed to me the media was calling it a forshock, even
before they ever called it a quake. I can't remember one
occurance, where by the time I tune into a news source
immediately after the event. They're already referring it
to an forshock. Like Cal tech was already on the line when
the quake hit.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Consider it a warning, but when the time comes the only thing you will lack is time. Consider stocking up on some pet meds if your family has medical conditions (they're the same thing) and have a few routes to go if you need to bug out. The few previous summers have been hell for some, I expect nothing less this year, but #1 consider needing a doctor on the run and not having one. So grab some pdfs on your books their all available on the internet.

Get your self some good boots, cause you will undoubtedly hike this summer. Nothing like a good pair of boots. Finally go and splurge on a tent and sleeping bag if you don't have one, you'll thank me for a good nights sleep later.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've just tuned in and want to offer my best wishes and some prayers that it will settle down soon and peace will return for everyone out there. Living really near a fault myself, I understand the concern.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

It's all good so far. Just a baby rattle.
No worries except the rudeness of members letting another
member float off into limbo, with no answer to his Q.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This looks quite bad. This seems to be analogical station, as bandwidth doesn't show whole spikes.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And this shows whole spike

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 29-3-2014 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join