It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Piers Morgan Signs Off With Final Blast At U.S. Gun Laws

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
The waves of violence have diddly squat on a cracker to do with gun laws.

That's clearly untrue. Take Europe as an example, we have a far higher population than the US but our gun crime and murder rates are a a fraction of the US as effective gun control is in place in the majority of the countries.

reply to post by Dutchowl

I hate the guy but I fail to see how him pointing out the fact America has serious problems with gun crime makes him a Nazi.

DarthFazer
The audacity to come to OUR country and impose his gun grabbing fascist ideology on a free people with the constituted right bestowed upon us by our fore fathers against the very tyranny he projects.

America: The only country in the world where the public are so scared of the government or strangers they feel the need to carry weapons and consider it a freedom.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

SaturnFX
reply to post by guohua

What are you going on about? and what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

Don't have a Tantrum, I didn't mean to hit reply to you, that was a mistake, I liked your post and reread it.
You could have been a little more civil and asked if I meant to reply to you.
But, maybe your PMSing

edit on 30-3-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

people with sound judgement are right to question Americas psychopathic obsession with guns.
but as long as its your people reaping what you sow at schools, theaters and malls.. then who are we too stop you!

Drinking too much media kool aid.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

See, you proved my point, in your world, other people aren't allowed to voice their opinion unless it is the same as your's.
That's my opinion and you want me to prove it to you how your Liberals vote,,, like you don't know.
I don't care what you say about Arizona or Conservatives, Really I don't, I've heard it all before in my many years on this earth traveling in my line of work in the United States and Over Sea's.

So, go ahead, Mr. self proclaimed 20 year Democrat, Be that open minded person and the live and let live person the Democrat say they are, OH, and go ahead and keep Mr. Morgan, your city sounds like the perfect place for him, do you need a local TV or Radio Host?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bastion

That's clearly untrue. Take Europe as an example, we have a far higher population than the US but our gun crime and murder rates are a a fraction of the US as effective gun control is in place in the majority of the countries.

Well, it won't surprise you to hear I completely disagree. Contrary to popular media perceptions, the US is by far not the only nation where guns are perfectly legal. We have a culture built around hunting, sport shooting and personal responsibility taken for self defense which is unlike any other nation, but we're not alone in guns being available. In fact, when we look at just how many are available, it shows an interesting thing.

That's a pretty nasty looking number per year there, and much could be made of it .....in a much smaller nation. However, in a nation of over 300 million people? Context is required.

(Source)

Gun laws aren't the cause of violence. People's own intentions are. If guns were any form of cause to the end result? We'd have shootouts in the street and bodies packing the morgues to bursting, especially in states where purchase and ownership isn't a complicated matter of permits.

That simply isn't the case and has never been the case.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

"Psychopathic obsession" do you even know what you are talking about.

Rhetorical question.

The thing is there is no obsession at all and definitely nothing even remotely resembling psychopathy.

In reality its a lot of stereotyping.
Brits are tea sipping bores with bad teeth.
The French are cheese eating surrender monkeys.
Americans eat fatty fast foods and love guns.

When you see people defending rights vehemently its because they are under threat. We are certainly a hell of a lot closer to losing rights regarding the second amendment than we are gain them. Gun owners arent looking for nukes or rockets so they have to hold their ground. Holding your ground means they are permanently on the defensive. While the opponents (people with non sense similar to yours) have constant opportunities for new attacks the only defensive maneuver is to be more vocal about the same old positions. Honestly I support gun owners pushing for full auto, not to actually attain them but to put anti 2nd idiots on the defensive and run out their resources. They cant erode our current rights if they are busy fighting new ones.

People are always going to hurt and kill each other. I think the politicizing is a bigger problem.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Just a side note, but if I had my Class III permit, there are a couple gun stores here in town which carry full automatic weapons. Every gun show has a few tables dedicated to them. Especially since sound suppressors became available in Missouri, the number of people going through the steps to get the permit has picked up by a lot it seems.

Agreed, but they are so prohibitively expensive that they are out of reach for the average gun owner and this becomes a de facto inhibitor for owning one of these firearms.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

That is certainly true. The tax stamps aren't too bad at a middle class income for a toy ...but it's a % of many people's mortgage cost to buy a big one and $10,000 or higher for anything worth buying at all in that class. I never have checked much for what the suppressors cost.

I'm not half as into shooting as I once was. Now it's just a tool for defense, a pain in the butt to keep spiffy clean in carry conditions (MO isn't nice for rust) and enough to maintain skill on.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

guohua

SaturnFX
reply to post by guohua

What are you going on about? and what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

Don't have a Tantrum, I didn't mean to hit reply to you, that was a mistake, I liked your post and reread it.
But, maybe your PMSing

Wasn't having a tantrum or being uncivil, I simply didn't know what you were talking about...now that you said it wasn't meant to be directed at me, then it makes more sense (or stopped making no sense)...text is a poor portrayer of emotions.

I just didn't understand why suddenly someone was suggesting I should go live in new York or whatnot...more of a country boy personally...nothing against New York..just too noisy for any living consideration

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

guohua
reply to post by peter vlar

See, you proved my point, in your world, other people aren't allowed to voice their opinion unless it is the same as your's.

Actually, I've proven no such point. I'm a big fan of the Bill of Rights and fully support anyone's right to free speech and to have their own opinion whether I agree with it or not. For example, I hate everything the WBC stands for but if I don't support their right to picket and protest then I can't expect anyone to stand up for my rights to free speech. I didn't serve in the army and end up with a bum hip and back just to come home and see the constitution get flushed down the toilet. I didn't vote for the current POTUS because he's just another wol in sheep's clothing saying one thing and doing another. What I don't support is making up your own facts to support your opinion. If you're upset that I pointed out the fallacies of your prior statements then perhaps engaging in due diligence as opposed to making off the cuff emotional responses would be a better option for you.

That's my opinion and you want me to prove it to you how your Liberals vote,,, like you don't know.

Please show me where I said that, because I'm looking at the post right now and that just isn't there. The only thing I did was point out flaws in your reasoning and facts that just aren't facts. You stated something that is your opinion but stated it as though it were fact and you're upset that I pointed out the logical fallacy? I'm wrong quite often and people point out my errors when I am. Instead of whining I look at it as an opportunity to learn and broaden my knowledge base. The state itself isn't that liberal, its the density of the population of NYC and Long Island that gives the impression. The vast majority of the state, especially the north country, is very rural and fiscally conservative as well as big 2nd amendment supporters.

I don't care what you say about Arizona or Conservatives, Really I don't, I've heard it all before in my many years on this earth traveling in my line of work in the United States and Over Sea's

Need a tissue? I didn't actually say anything about your state or political preference. It was a facetious statement within context to prove a point.

So, go ahead, Mr. self proclaimed 20 year Democrat, Be that open minded person and the live and let live person the Democrat say they are

Well that's how I've been living my life so far so why would I suddenly alter that?

OH, and go ahead and keep Mr. Morgan, your city sounds like the perfect place for him, do you need a local TV or Radio Host?

Again, I need to point out to the brain trust that there is an entire state north of NYC. over 54,000 sq miles to be precise so if Piers stayed in NYC it wouildnt affect me one way or the other. For the record I think he's a troll and could care less about his opinion on firearms.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
apparently he didn't take anyone from the "right" with him. Blah...Limbaugh and Hannity will still be on the radio...1 for 1 right? that's fair, right?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

SaturnFX

guohua

SaturnFX
reply to post by guohua

But, maybe your PMSing

Wasn't having a tantrum or being uncivil, I simply didn't know what you were talking about...now that you said it wasn't meant to be directed at me, then it makes more sense (or stopped making no sense)...text is a poor portrayer of emotions.

I just didn't understand why suddenly someone was suggesting I should go live in new York or whatnot...more of a country boy personally...nothing against New York..just too noisy for any living consideration

We're Good Then!
All's Well In Red Neck Land!

My Chinese Wife assures me You'd Hate New York,,, They Like and I Hear they Want Mr. Morgan as their Mascot!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

people with sound judgement are right to question Americas psychopathic obsession with guns.
but as long as its your people reaping what you sow at schools, theaters and malls.. then who are we too stop you!

Sounds like you're projecting there a bit. I'd be scared to live next to you, on the basis that you spend too much time fantasizing over murders and have a disturbing fixation with controlling other people.

You spend too much time worrying about what other people are doing, when you should mind your own business unless it's directly affecting you.

Do you hate homosexuals and people of color as well? Only bigots spend this much time imagining what crimes other groups of people are capable of doing.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

amazing
apparently he didn't take anyone from the "right" with him. Blah...Limbaugh and Hannity will still be on the radio...1 for 1 right? that's fair, right?

I will take a healthy dose of spirited debate from opposing sides any day of the week and twice on Sundays over the left wing liberal single issue single topic single viewpoint.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Banning guns would never work.

Anyone that believes everyone in the US would turn in there guns if they were banned is a moron.

My guess is about 40% might be turned in.

The rest would JUST vanish.

And that is among legal gun owners.

My guess is that 0% of the guns in criminal hands would be turned in.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Xcathdra

amazing

I will take a healthy dose of spirited debate from opposing sides any day of the week and twice on Sundays over the left wing liberal single issue single topic single viewpoint.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

agreed but we just lost an opposing view point...now we're off kilter again. I'm not saying that the left isn't as bad as the right but...I don't even know anyone else's name on the left except Mahrer and he's just a comedian. Maybe the right are just louder? We could ship off some Megaphones to MSNBC? LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

amazing
agreed but we just lost an opposing view point...now we're off kilter again. I'm not saying that the left isn't as bad as the right but...I don't even know anyone else's name on the left except Mahrer and he's just a comedian. Maybe the right are just louder? We could ship off some Megaphones to MSNBC? LOL

I disagree... The choice was voluntary and not forced. His ratings had been near the bottom for some time and the new management at CNN is in the process of cleaning house / trying to come back to their roots. The HLN channel is also going to go through some massive changes, with rumors going around that Nancy Grace might be departing.

Personally speaking I think having more than one political party is a lot safer and creates more options than if we only had one party talking.

My irritation comes in when both sides present a view while distorting / out right lying about facts in order to gain support.

If we held politicians to the same standards as we do everyone else when applying for a job, we might have a better country with more uniting us than dividing us.

If I were to apply for another agency and presented myself in the manner our politicians do, I would not be hired and if I were I would not retain that job for long when its discovered I lied to get the job.

Politicians expect people to behave in an acceptable manner... I just don't understand where they get off thinking they are exempt. In the last 5 months I have seen local / state politicians going after citizens who don't agree with their positions. We have the Federal government looking at a way to "classify" who a real journalist is and who is not.

Ironic really - The politicians bitch and moan about cash being free speech and it should be allowed to be spent in unlimited quantities to get elected yet when a person speaks out against their government that very government wants to determine who the 1st amendment applies to.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

If that's the case then why do countries with gun control have much lower gun crime and homicide rates then countries without these controls? I fully agree that it's not the only contributor to high homicide rates (wealth inequality plays a major role too) but claiming gun ownership has little to do with gun crime and homicide requires people to ignore all data on the subject as there's a direct correlation between the two while ownership rates do nothing to decrease crime.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bastion

Do they? Do all nations with tougher gun laws have lower homicide rates? I've not looked to see. I presume you have?

Which ranked closest to us, since you've looked that up here recently? I expect we have near if not the highest on firearms..specifically, since those with possibly higher ones aren't likely sporting state of the art statistic systems and usually carry the term 'war zone'. Many, in Africa.

Homicide and violent crime though? I'd love to see your sourcing. Knife crime..for instance..How about homicides by knife, so we don't leave out those nations where the gun as the particular tool of choice isn't available? It's fair and necessary to view overall death and crime rates, I'd think. After all, my contention is that it's the person....not the tool of opportunity.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Does any one know how many deaths are caused by motor vehicles in America?

Whats the number of deaths by guns in America again?

And as for Mr Piers.....the guy is a knob...we don't want him back....anyway no one really listens to him any way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join