It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Piers Morgan Signs Off With Final Blast At U.S. Gun Laws

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

peter vlar

SaturnFX
If you want more, I recommend google as a search engine..mostly because of the algorithm
Google

Wow ...I never dun seed a surcz enjun befurr Just an FYI, no need to be snarky. You made the claim, the onus is upon you to provide backing citation. It's not my job to verify your data for you.

Just figured it was sort of mainstream news obvious. ATS generally speaking knows what has happened statistically, so I am used to people basically ignoring facts and going with feels when they speak against the facts...used to not ignorance verses refusal of facts leading the argument...my apologies for the google jab.

all former military are potential terrorists and that the vast majority of us are beyond pissed at the treatment we receive from the military, the govt and especially the VA.

Perhaps, I am however not bringing emotional considerations into the factoring of who would win in a fight. a rebel milita verses the combined strength of the united armed forces...if you were in the military, you know full well the toys they have at their disposal...even if it was a million to 1 in favor of the milita, it would still be a heavily lopsided fight.
Just going with facts on the ground. Fact is, breaking up a army is easy. military excels at winning every battle with minimal effort. technology trumps numbers. lesson from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Where the military fails is in holding anything..but they wouldn't be required to hold the states..its already held..no occupation needed. Propaganda against the defeated armies would be at 100%..every neighbor and joe would see the defeated militia as people simply trying to kill their government because they hate freedom or whatever...and the government would actually gain far more control over the people through "safety" calling by the citizens.

You're assuming its only a minority of people who are unhappy with the direction the US government is going the past few decades. I don't disagree with you though that if it were a small minority that they would be seen as anti government nuts particularly compounded if it were done with no due evidence of fraud or misdeed by the elected officials. I'm certainly not for every redneck getting in their pickup truck, loading in the 12 gauge blaring some Skynyrd as they go around shootin' stuff up. The crux of my point was that its insane to think that an under trained, inferior force couldn't hold off a well trained standing army. The Iraqi's and the Taliban have proven this to be so over the past decade.

A large number of people are unhappy with the direction of the government, but where there is unification in that philosophy, that is also where the divide is. Some are screaming we need to go far more to the left, others scream far more to the right. At best, it would be (yet another) civil war.
Unacceptable. Differences of opinions is fought in polls. That is the point of this republic to begin with.

BB guns huh? I'm only asking so I can better understand your replies but, are you American and are you a gun owner or do you own firearms? Personally, I love shooting. But please keep me as far away from an Ayn Rand utopia as possible!!! No thank you bob! As for McVeigh... My response would be somewhat different depending on whether you believe the OS or believe oin one of the many conspiracies surrounding Tim and the OKC bombing.

bb guns is simply referencing how effective any militia going against the government would be. kids toys compared to the long list of big boy toys the military has..might as well use slingshots and insults.
As far as gun ownership. nope. well, virtual guns I am Rambo, but I don't live in some inner city where I fear for my life...so pointless. guns don't seem very skillful to me. Bows are more of a challenge. I have no big issues against guns in the hands of responsible owners...just don't have a big draw to them unless its on a computer screen.
As far as McVeigh is concerned, regardless of what his intentions were, he admittedly targeted a building filled with simple 9-5 office workers and blew it up for a political point. You can have the most legit argument on earth, but the second you intentionally take lives to further your political points, you are a terrorist and a scumbag that needs to be put down.
He could have blown that building up after hours when it was unoccupied if he wanted to, he didn't..the target was innocents, it wasn't collateral damage as he said..that was him BSing to make a point.

You have to either fix it or reboot it.

Agreed with both the its broken already stance, and this one.
But again, if you are being intellectually honest, you know full well any violent force would absolutely fail..not even a fraction of a percent chance of its success.
What is then needed is a group of mind warriors..internet is a wonderful thing that can bring around changes...getting the right people in place can fix a lot of things..and that is where todays militia really should be focused...the war is in the mind now and on the net...talks of armed rebellion only makes the "side" the militia on seem like a bunch of lunatics.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Just figured it was sort of mainstream news obvious. ATS generally speaking knows what has happened statistically, so I am used to people basically ignoring facts and going with feels when they speak against the facts...used to not ignorance verses refusal of facts leading the argument...my apologies for the google jab.

In hind site I see your P.O.V. It's totally cool. I'm a big boy I think I can handle a little sarcasm now and again.

Perhaps, I am however not bringing emotional considerations into the factoring of who would win in a fight. a rebel milita verses the combined strength of the united armed forces...if you were in the military, you know full well the toys they have at their disposal...even if it was a million to 1 in favor of the milita, it would still be a heavily lopsided fight.
Just going with facts on the ground. Fact is, breaking up a army is easy. military excels at winning every battle with minimal effort. technology trumps numbers. lesson from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Where the military fails is in holding anything..but they wouldn't be required to hold the states..its already held..no occupation needed. Propaganda against the defeated armies would be at 100%..every neighbor and joe would see the defeated militia as people simply trying to kill their government because they hate freedom or whatever...and the government would actually gain far more control over the people through "safety" calling by the citizens.

You're correct, I know full well the toys available. I'm also all too aware of the over reliance on them. It might be lopsided but I've also seen the detrimental effect of IED's , sniper attacks and ambushes on moral. The tech may trump the numbers on paper but in real world applications a "rebel" who thinks he's fighting for his home, family, freedom and very life is going to be far more determined than an American soldier who is going to be even more pensive about attacking his fellow Americans than he was attacking Muslim insurgents. Again, the response and reaction of the civilian populace is going to vary depending on mitigating factors. I just don't think it will be as cut and dry/black and white as your making it out to be.our military is also going to be far less likely to destroy the infrastructure here in the states as they will be dependent on it for their own purposes. I'm sure there would be instances if a rebel group took and held a town or small city but overall I don't see it being F-16's raining hell from above. It certAnly won't be anything remotely resembling the shock and awe that started off the most recent incursion into Iraq.

A large number of people are unhappy with the direction of the government, but where there is unification in that philosophy, that is also where the divide is. Some are screaming we need to go far more to the left, others scream far more to the right. At best, it would be (yet another) civil war.
Unacceptable. Differences of opinions is fought in polls. That is the point of this republic to begin with.

Perhaps, for me it's kind of difficult to reconcile that thought process with the way the country was actually founded though. You know, by rebels committing acts of violence against a superior military.

Agreed with both the its broken already stance, and this one.
But again, if you are being intellectually honest, you know full well any violent force would absolutely fail..not even a fraction of a percent chance of its success.

I like to the I'm being intellectually honest and I disagree with the zero chance of success outcome. Military history shows us time and again not to discount possibilities of success by a smaller outnumbered and outgunned force. From Thermopylae to moder day Afghanistan it has happened over and over with no regard for whatever new superior technologies were wielded by the larger force. And while most often it doesn't. Lead to an immediate outright defeat, the casualties as well as loss of moral add up.

What is then needed is a group of mind warriors..internet is a wonderful thing that can bring around changes...getting the right people in place can fix a lot of things..and that is where todays militia really should be focused...the war is in the mind now and on the net...talks of armed rebellion only makes the "side" the militia on seem like a bunch of lunatics.

This, you'll get no argument from me. As I said in my earlier post, I'm in no way promoting or advocating for violence but if I absolutely had to to protect my kids, then all bets are off.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Can he take Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity with him?

All political Talk show hosts really, but let's start with the most obnoxious ones, shall we?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

NeoSpace
Ohh I thought we got rid of this clown Piers Morgan for good years ago, I just hope he doen't return to England, can't you Aussies take him in.

I was thinking we could send him to Ukraine / Middle East so he can broker peace between the factions. I am sure they will be more open to gun control than most nations would...

/end sarcasm

cavtrooper7
Russia's restarting the band,your populace will be under threat soon....

Its already started -
Russian bombers 'intercepted in British airspace'

Japan scrambles jets, accusing Russian bombers of intrusion
Russia Reactivates Military Airfield In The Arctic Region After 20 years

The air patrols conducted by the Soviet Union back in the day have been resurrected under Putin. In addition to the normal fly close to the border, Russian bombers have actually violated territorial airspace.

The patrols themselves and the airspace incursions are not the real concern. The real concern lies with the fact they are using cold war game plans. Another sign Putin misses the cold war and wants to bring it back.
edit on 29-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then you don't understand,we like to fight.Just not for stupid reasons like a corrupt leadership or oppression.If we know about it we always stop it as we can but secrecy has been an armor and lies for the rest.I don't think for 1 second we would exist without our "200 year old paper" to guide us,past a tyrannical dictator. As opposed to this stupid guy from Chicago screwing up all he touches in office.
Not to mention we are a BIG country there are more of every example of person here.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Every time I hear an "expert" insult MY skills and the patriotism of my younger knuckle draggers,I can only think to the wide gulf of understanding these guys lack yet just continue blather on. IF it did happen it would be epicly hideous...we can do that.www.bob-owens.com...
This guy gets it right it's a very bad idea and should be avoided. The guns stay.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I would think, do to your thinking process, you need to live and work in a solid Democrat Controlled State.
New York that state consistently votes Democrat in every election.
New York is a huge "Union" state. Nearly all of the states services are unionized. Fire dept, police, social services, hospitals, sanitation and teachers. Union leaders always tell their union members to vote Democrat. The unions spend millions of dollars of their members union dues to campaign for the Democrat running for office.

They have a huge population of minorities there in New York (black, Hispanic, etc) which are known for being very supportive of the Democrat party.

New York has a major population of Liberals and people in the "arts" (acting, artist, musicians etc.) which consistently votes Democrat Party.
You know Liberal's, they are open minded and very loving and giving and never want to intrude on your rights!!!!

You belong there Mr. Morgan, or go back to England.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

What are you going on about? and what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Exactly! The U.S. Government kills vastly more people than their civilians do. We share your views in that we too abhor their use of (very superior to ours) firepower, but who are we to stop them? More importantly if without guns, then how?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

people with sound judgement are right to question Americas psychopathic obsession with guns.
but as long as its your people reaping what you sow at schools, theaters and malls.. then who are we too stop you!

Exactly! The U.S. Government kills vastly more people than their civilians do. We share your views in that we too abhor their use of (very superior to ours) firepower, but who are we to stop them? More importantly, how?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

guohua

I would think, do to your thinking process, you need to live and work in a solid Democrat Controlled State.
New York that state consistently votes Democrat in every election.
New York is a huge "Union" state. Nearly all of the states services are unionized. Fire dept, police, social services, hospitals, sanitation and teachers. Union leaders always tell their union members to vote Democrat. The unions spend millions of dollars of their members union dues to campaign for the Democrat running for office.

So other states don't have unions for their public servants? Really? the AFL/CIO doesn't cover policemen nation wide? The International Association of Fire Fighters isn't well... international? Nurses are unionized nationwide? Though in NY they all aren't, it varies from one medical facility to the next. The teachers union is considered one of the most powerful in the country. They wield that much power from NY alone? damned impressive I've got to say.

They have a huge population of minorities there in New York (black, Hispanic, etc) which are known for being very supportive of the Democrat party.

I think that like most people who don't live here you are confusing NY City with the entirety of the state. There's an entire state north of Rockland County that the brain trust never seems to remember existing.

New York has a major population of Liberals and people in the "arts" (acting, artist, musicians etc.) which consistently votes Democrat Party.

would you care to back up your opinion which is stated as fact? I know plenty of "liberals" who can think for themselves and don't vote along party lines.

You know Liberal's, they are open minded and very loving and giving and never want to intrude on your rights!!!!

Gotcha... all liberals are exactly the same and vote along party lines with no deviation.I'm sure we're all shopping at the same stores, wear the same clothes and sleep on the same side of the bed too with our front doors unlocked and cracked a little because we don't own or need guns and can count on the police to keep us safe! Ironically I've been a registered democrat for over 20 years yet I have zero interest in intruding on your rights or those of anyone else for that matter. I always get a good laugh out of over rationalized blanket statements like this when conservatives think I'm a communist and liberals think I'm a merchant of death based on my military service and contents of my gun safe. Maybe I should just start making banal statements regarding the conservative residents of Arizona to show how well informed I am about nationwide demographics.

If ignorance is bliss you must be the Cheshire Cat.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Piers can goose step off into the sunset wherever he's going. I hate british Nazis.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Piers is a mouthpiece for the globalists, just like Al Gore. From "Britain's Got Talent", to CNN to who knows where. The Globalists will ensure that Piers will not have to worry about his future.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

FINALLY were are ridden of this imposing jack a** ! Nobody asked for his opinion in the first place, he is not an American hence irrelevant and moot that was what was so funny about his tripe spewing propaganda. The audacity to come to OUR country and impose his gun grabbing fascist ideology on a free people with the constituted right bestowed upon us by our fore fathers against the very tyranny he projects. He FAILED in his lost cause now has to eat that crow and go home

GTFO and don't ever come back !

Molon Labe !

edit on 30-3-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Alex Jones is a raving lunatic. He can't discuss anything without losing his mind or his focus. No wonder his popularity has dropped over the last couple of years.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Goodbye, and Good Riddance Piers.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
hopefully he never finds another place to spin his points of view. Piers, IMO you are one of the greatest masters of spinning the greater agenda out of the peoples hands and into the powers that should not be. I hope that America has seen the last of your face.

good riddance.
Dudly

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Boscov
I am for more restrictions, especially for fully automatic rifles.

Automatic rifles? Did I miss something where I can go down to the gun shop and buy a fully automatic rifle? You do know that these were restricted in the 80's, right?

The obsession on banning 'scary black guns' is borderline psychotic, the majority of the gun banners/grabbers does not even have the first clue about firearms.

Let me ask you a question. Would you rather get shot by a .308 lever action Winchester or a .223 semi-automatic 'assault weapon'?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

DarthFazer
The audacity to come to OUR country and impose his gun grabbing fascist ideology on a free people with the constituted right bestowed upon us by our fore fathers against the very tyranny he projects.

America: The only country in the world where the public are so scared of the government or strangers they feel the need to carry weapons and consider it a freedom.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Just a side note, but if I had my Class III permit, there are a couple gun stores here in town which carry full automatic weapons. Every gun show has a few tables dedicated to them. Especially since sound suppressors became available in Missouri, the number of people going through the steps to get the permit has picked up by a lot it seems.

Of course, there are also online auction and broker services which carry full auto weapons if you have a local dealer (like we do here) who will take delivery and run the final ATF checks before releasing it on the purchase.

It's surprising it's not more widely known, but then it's not a rubber stamp permit process either. Plus a tax stamp cost per transaction, of course. It's never been worth it to my thinking since it just represents shooting money much much faster than I can now. Not much else...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join