It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardioverter Defibrillator implant

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica
I hope OP is still alive.

Yes I am still kicking and thanks for asking, over two years now and still having problems with my meds. They keep changing them and it really screws me up for months on end. But it's good that I am still here and posting.

Thanks Jay
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

originally posted by: Flanker86
That sounds dangerous. It would be likely the best weapon the government has to kill you!

Oh yes, they can be dangerous, especially if they're programmed incorrectly.
But they're put in to keep people alive so not putting one in is even more dangerous.

Good logic Pardon, I really don't have a choice. Flanker one day will be in a "no choice" situation and learn to just hang on
for the ride and pray,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Wow, that's some journey you went on there! Glad you got through it.

I have been told that I may need a pacemaker in the future. I was told this 6 years ago, when I was 32.
Thankfully since that near death experience I haven't had similar, at least not as bad as that.

I watched my ex partner go through similar ten years ago. He'd had heart surgery as a child, had a heart attack in his 30's, had a pacemaker fitted, then a few months later I was there when he danced himself into another heart attack with his pacemaker shocking him every 30 seconds.

That was pretty scary to watch, but it did its job. If he hadn't had that pacemaker thumping him it would probably have been the end. And I mean it was really thumping him, it knocked him off his feet.

If I recall correctly either a setting was wrong, too sensitive, or his heart did something wacky causing it to really hit him repeatedly.

After that he had a few instance of little jolts occasionally, maybe once every 6 months.

So, my only advice, from what I've seen... please don't dance like a 20 year old on acid

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Rocker, I had such an experience just last week. I was dozing on our couch when I suddenly woke up feeling quite dizzy.
I yelled for the wife then bang I get zapped big time. My wife calls 911 and just a few minutes later I got another zap.

I do know these were on the higher side of the scale for juice to my heart because it was very similar to the manual shock I received in the hospital before my ICD was installed.

Arrived at the emergency department about 20 minutes after the 911 call, all kinds of IV lines and bags of juice attached to me. In the next 40 minutes I got the pleasure of three more shocks.....LOL I would scare the heck out of everyone there because of my huge screams and spastic arms and legs all over the place.

Four days in the ICU and four days in the cardiac ward seems to have done the trick. They changed some meds and I hope they are the correct combination for my situation

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join