It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Fires NINE Nuclear Commanders! TODAY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

ketsuko
The thing that concerns me is why are we so concentrated on our nuke commanders? Are they that corrupt or is there some other motive?

I know there has been general house cleaning in the top ranks of the military, but it seems to have hit this area particularly hard.

Would you want people that don't have the brains for the job in charge of nukes? If these people did cheat on the test then by all means they should not only be removed from their position but given a dishonorable discharge as well. Only the best of the best should be in charge of the most dangerous weapons on the planet.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

watchitburn
The lack of knowledge on how the military works is amusing.

Deny ignorance indeed.

Well then, please enlighten us!

However, position of authority logical fallacies aren't cool, man. I don't care if you yourself commanded the seventeenth fleet of globetrotter through planet iutypi.

Would you care to provide us with some of your knowledge on how the military works - because quite frankly that is one BROAD or possibly even VAGUE topic - provided with sources and links to bite into, of course.

Deny ignorance, indeed.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I mostly lurk here anymore. I don't have much to add to the conversations really.

I'm going to conspiratorial and blunt. The cheating scandal is being used as an excuse to clean house of people who are still considered loyal to America. They are being replaced with lackeys who will do what TPTB need done, in order to further their agenda. For example, allow them to be used in a false flag.

I have no proof. That's just my blunt, gut feeling.

Obviously, I hope I'm completely paranoid and delusional.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Did they all cheat or is that the excuse we're being given? By the way, have all the top brass who have been removed cheated?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Metallicus

jude11
Someone keeps firing these guys? Why?

Including an air base commander yet.

Think these guys were asked something that they didn't give the correct answer to?

Something stinks.

Peace

Question: Would you fire on unarmed civilians?

Answer: Hell, no.

Response: You're fired.

Response...."I'm fired....sh$*#....I'm just getting started!!"

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Redwookieaz
I mostly lurk here anymore. I don't have much to add to the conversations really.

I'm going to conspiratorial and blunt. The cheating scandal is being used as an excuse to clean house of people who are still considered loyal to America. They are being replaced with lackeys who will do what TPTB need done, in order to further their agenda. For example, allow them to be used in a false flag.

I believe you are not alone in this thinking my friend.

It's at the point that whatever we are told, I Don't believe. We've been lied too many times and with Govt, there is always an agenda IMO.

9 failed tests of people who passed in the first place to get there. And these aren't privates either. Then the report..."many more to come".

For a security obsessed entity of the US, the security sucks.

I just Don't believe any of it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Redwookieaz

Redwookieaz...

I wish you would post more. My exact same thinking. It's no secret Obama and his administration is not well liked by our military.

He's stacking the deck for a falling house of cards game. I feel very uncomfortable about it.

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I wish I was just insane, but I guess it's a good thing I'm not alone. The more people that have a clue, the better chance we have at stopping and/or bringing these criminals to justice.

Stay frosty my friends!

ETA: Thanks Des. Part of the reason I don't post is I have little time these days since I'm working my tail off just to stay above water. I don't have the energy. Glad to see you guys are keeping the good fight going! Educating is our only hope!

Sorry for going off-topic!
edit on 28-3-2014 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow, you folks are funny! The truth can never be mundane, it has to be some dark conspiracy hatched by them pesky PTB to get rid of true Americans. I am amazed each and every time I log onto this site.

Again, it's not a conspiracy....Well, actually, it is a conspiracy. A conspiracy by these officers to cheat in order to promote and nothing more. They got caught and now they'll have to deal with it. To help add to the conspiracy, in the service academies, cheating is rampant but it's not called cheating. The Cadets have "study guides" which are basically tests that have been taken from the professors. The professors know this and, as long as the Cadets are sly enough, no one gets caught. Now, if someone starts bragging about it or they leave the "study guide" out in the open, then they are punished.

Have fun!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Take a look at the quote from the article again:

The commanders discharged were not directly involved in cheating but are said to have failed in their leadership duties. The navy also plans to discipline dozens more junior officers for allegedly sharing answers on important proficiency exams - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Emphasis mine.

The COs themselves were not cheating.

Those under them were cheating.

This is how military structure works: You are responsible for the actions of those under your command.

The commanding officer at a command is responsible for EVERYTHING that happens with that command. He or she is responsible for making sure all training programs are in place, up to date and being followed. They are responsible for ALL safety procedures to be put into place and followed. To the letter.

If anything goes wrong. Anything happens, and it's a major issue, that commanding officer can expect to loose their job.

I've seen it happen during my time in.

A US naval ship runs aground on a sand bar, and needs assistance getting off of it. Guess what? That CO is going to be commanding a desk after that. Even if he was not on the bridge. It's because all those under him or her are suppose to know how to do their job. If they are being trained and that training kept up, they won't normally run the ship aground.

A major explosion happens at a weapons facility. Investigation shows that safety procedures were not being followed, or proper storage of the munitions.
Guess what is going to happen to the commanding officer of that facility? You guessed it: they're going to be canned.

A bunch of junior officers are caught cheating on exams. Guess who is ultimately held responsible? Yes sir, the commanding officer.

Oh, but it won't just be them that get's fired or has their rear end busted.

As the old saying goes: The poop rolls down hill.

Now, I can see how this would smell to some on here. Sounds like a nice, juicy conspiracy. It's a purge!

But think about it. Do you really want people commanding facilities where they are allowing this to go on? Do you really want a commanding officer with such responsibility to not be paying attention to what is going on in their command?

If they are not paying attention to those things......what else are they letting slide? What else are they not enforcing?

Again: a commanding officer of a facility, a base, a ship, you name it, is completely responsible for those under their command.
edit on 28-3-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Feltrick
Wow, you folks are funny! The truth can never be mundane, it has to be some dark conspiracy hatched by them pesky PTB to get rid of true Americans. I am amazed each and every time I log onto this site.

Again, it's not a conspiracy....Well, actually, it is a conspiracy. A conspiracy by these officers to cheat in order to promote and nothing more. They got caught and now they'll have to deal with it. To help add to the conspiracy, in the service academies, cheating is rampant but it's not called cheating. The Cadets have "study guides" which are basically tests that have been taken from the professors. The professors know this and, as long as the Cadets are sly enough, no one gets caught. Now, if someone starts bragging about it or they leave the "study guide" out in the open, then they are punished.

Have fun!

Difference being is that many have only theories yet you seem to be stating a fact. As if you absolutely know 100%, without a Doubt that what you are saying is fact.

Please enlighten us as to how you just absolutely know.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A lot of things get 'overlooked' for years and years until 'someone' wants you out. We see it in politics all the time.
I was pretty much fence-sitting when they canned a bunch of military higher-ups a while back, but as fast as events are escalating in America, it's getting harder to convince myself that it's 'business as usual'.
IMPORTANT military officials are being gotten rid of, and it's not 'just a few'.
Nukes are rumored to have gone missing.....
Bankers are dropping like flies, and it's not just 'one or two'.
Throw in the Malaysian flight and all of the fishyness ....
Things seem to be speeding up, and I'm not sure we're going to like what transpires next.

I remember reading a thread quite a while ago claiming obama was put into power by Iran to bring America down. I thought that was one of the most preposterous threads yet.

Considering all of the crazy things that are transpiring - things that just don't add up, or make any sense - I find myself playing the 'what if?' game a lot more....

Nugget

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Metallicus
Question: Would you fire on unarmed civilians?

Answer: Hell, no.

Response: You're fired.

Question: "What color is Obama?"
Answer: "Black."
Responce: Fired for being a racist.

-Peace-

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Because it is a fact but I can't give you the proof that you need or want.

I would just ask you to really think about the tremendous pressures these officers and, for that matter, every officer in the US Armed Forces, is under before automatically calling it a conspiracy. Nine officers were caught in a cheating scandal and yet, every month, officers from every service are passed over and separated. Most are good officers who failed to get their dots far enough to the left on their evaluations. Sometimes, one bad mark on one OER out of three OERs (it takes four years for some officers to be eligible to promote which means their promotion board would look at three OERs) could mean the difference between promotion and being passed over. These nine are but a drop in the bucket when compared to the many that are separated because they didn't get a good eval.

If/when you hear that every officer is being separated, then you'll have a conspiracy, but until then, you just have officers who were trying their hardest to get promoted and, in some ways, trying to get their JO's promoted. This isn't the great purge of the Soviet Union but if/when something like that happens in the US, you'll know and it won't be a few Nuke officers.

I mean, I get it, this is a conspiracy site and we should question the established stories but this is just what it appears to be and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Jesus christ you people. They were fired because they cheated on their exams ensuring that they knew what the hell they we're doing. Because they cheated and then tried to cover it up and then in the process of being under investigation continued to lie about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

TDawg61
I'm not sure what this means but it surely can't be good.Its troubling to know men in these sensitive positions have been let go in a horde and being replaced by rookies.
edit on CDTFripm5761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

Even more spooky TDawg-- if we flash back to only a few months before 9/11 and the basic national defense shift in command: when Rumsfeld and Cheney took the keys to the klaxon, and the basic defense apparatus "nuts and bolts" were transferred away from career military. That in itself was very telling, even in disregard of Norman Mineta's testimony to the commission.
Also remember Richard Myers was the only staff officer to get dragged over the coals by the panel; when there was a whole lot more that just went and laid down from drills that day.

In a nutshell, what I'm beginning to suspect is the military and humans in general being taken out of the firing loop and the Red Button itself going steadily more automaton.
That is super spooky from just no human element / fail safe.
edit on 28-3-2014 by derfreebie because: Put in for a properly worded "transfer"

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Simply put ... standards of leadership and self-discipline have disappeared in all but a minority of folks wearing uniforms.

I served in uniform. I saw it back when I first enlisted. I work with the military in a different capacity, but I've still got eyes that are trained to see the problem and know it for what it is.

This house cleaning is long overdue. The long-term solution and short-term fixes vex me, but I know this ... we're in a dangerous spot right now.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Snarl
Simply put ... standards of leadership and self-discipline have disappeared in all but a minority of folks wearing uniforms.

I served in uniform. I saw it back when I first enlisted. I work with the military in a different capacity, but I've still got eyes that are trained to see the problem and know it for what it is.

This house cleaning is long overdue. The long-term solution and short-term fixes vex me, but I know this ... we're in a dangerous spot right now.

I can agree with some of what you said. The biggest problem I have is, who is cleaning house. And who are the replacements.

I don't feel this administration has a deep respect for our military, and the history of what got us to where we are as a free Nation.

That being said, I worry that a *new breed* of *yes men* are being funneled into high positions of power. Men who are not willing to stand by a long held principal of what this Nation was founded on.

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Stalinist purge

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

neo96
Stuff like this is why those people in silos are going to be replaced with computers.

Here look at this!

Here look at what they did now!

One day 'skynet' really will be created.

Because 'humans' can't be 'trusted'.

And i hope the code to launch is not 8x0 00000000

how hard for a hacker was that to crack

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join