It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Hour, sitting in the dark to enlighten?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis
reply to post by beezzer

Actually, myself and a few ragtag bunch of engineers enter this contest every year.

contest.techbriefs.com...

We don't just sit back and act smug, though I guess I could. . . . . . but I don't drink coffee.

You're acting smug right now

But, maybe I'm the only one that's noticed

:-)
edit on 3/30/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

Not smug, I'd just rather accomplish something instead of sitting in the dark feeling good about myself. But by all means, go "raise awareness" or whatever.

The rest of us will actually be doing something.
edit on 30-3-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

In other words you don't want anyone that drinks coffee to do things that raise awareness about things you don't care about, you don't like or don't think are good ideas.

The idea is to raise the awareness that you don't have to make huge sacrifices to make a significant change.

edit on 3/28/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Raise awareness.

Raise awareness = sitting on your ass and doing nothing, but you feel better about yourself.

How about. . . oh. . . I don't know. . . . people actually working on SOLUTIONS!

Raising awareness. What kind of latte-sipping wuss wording is that?

I guess my idea of people spending an hour finding solutions is far dumber than people sitting in the dark feeling good about themselves sitting in the dark.

Actually, raising awareness is typically the first part of engineering a solution. If people do not know about a cause, they certainly cannot lend themselves to that cause.

I am not sure what makes you think that solutions are designed,funded and implemented in a day, but I assure you they are not.

In fact, I could take your equation and show you that you have a lot in common with the awareness raisers of the world, don't you?

Beezzers ATS activity = sitting on your ass and doing nothing, but you feel better about yourself.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not smug, I'd just rather accomplish something instead of sitting in the dark feeling good about myself. But by all means, go "raise awareness" or whatever.

Ok, here I feel I really need to ask - do you actually understand what the word smug means?

Do tell

Meanwhile, as long as we're here, I have to ask - why are you so threatened by people who don't dress like you or talk like you or think like you - what have you got against the people behind this movement? How does it affect you in any way - besides giving you a platform to criticize? What are you actually criticizing - thoughts? Hopes? Desires? Goodwill? Unity?

So, you enter a contest every year and come up with solutions to problems - practical solutions. Good for you - seriously

There are situations and conditions here on planet earth that are only going to get worse until enough of us first agree to see the actual problem. Young people aren't all scientists or engineers or physicists or climatologists...or mathematicians, or economists...

Yes, by all means - trash the young hopefuls that aren't as useful as you are

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis
reply to post by beezzer

Ok, here I feel I really need to ask - do you actually understand what the word smug means?

Do tell

Meanwhile, as long as we're here, I have to ask - why are you so threatened by people who don't dress like you or talk like you or think like you - what have you got against the people behind this movement? How does it affect you in any way - besides giving you a platform to criticize? What are you actually criticizing - thoughts? Hopes? Desires? Goodwill? Unity?

So, you enter a contest every year and come up with solutions to problems - practical solutions. Good for you - seriously

There are situations and conditions here on planet earth that is only going to get worse until enough of us first agree to see the actual problem. Young people aren't all scientists or engineers or physicists or climatologists...or mathematicians, or economists...

Yes, by all means - trash the young hopefuls that aren't as useful as you are

I am not sure why such a wide swath of people are so hell bent on letting the environment get worse and worse.

You would think that they are all share holders with the amount of gusto they show. In fact it appears to be an actual hatred for the environment or the people who care for the environment... It is sort of twisted...

But I guess they also hate poor people too which sort of says it all.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I had to turn up the lights in the house during Earth Hour since it was very dark out and I needed to see around. Like every neighbour on our street.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i think you titled the topic well

don't sweat it.. it's the same old tired story;
wear a pink shirt to support cancer research
eat a doughnut to save the whales
and so on...

only systemites buy this crap..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>