It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Song stuck in your head? "Earworm". What's yours today?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Tie a Yellow Ribbon

Ugh!!! Yeah, that reminds me of the one from the other day. the carpenters:

Just like me, they long to be.....
Gag. Thx for reminding me.
LOL!!!

edit on 3/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Heart! ACK!! There were one of two of theirs I enjoyed over the years.
I actually walked out on them when they played at the eentzy-weentzy 'show hall' in my hometown.

(I walked out on Kansas, too!) LOL!!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I've been dealing with it off and on due to ibuprofen use that spans a couple decades. Not supposed to take advil due to the existing damage but I break the rules when it's absolutely needed. I usually hear high pitched frequencies normally so tinnitus is just a slightly louder and more jangly flavor of the norm. It doesn't drive me nuts anymore. Or, alternatively, maybe it irrevocably drove me nuts and I'm just unaware of that fact lol.

reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Muahahahaha, my evil plan is now complete. Welcome to earworm hell, peeps.

Signed,

The Immune One.
edit on 28/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: added 2nd reply

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

I've been dealing with it off and on due to ibuprofen use that spans a couple decades. Not supposed to take advil due to the existing damage but I break the rules when it's absolutely needed. I usually hear high pitched frequencies normally so tinnitus is just a slightly louder and more jangly flavor of the norm. It doesn't drive me nuts anymore. Or, alternatively, maybe it irrevocably drove me nuts and I'm just unaware of that fact lol.

reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Muahahahaha, my evil plan is now complete. Welcome to earworm hell, peeps.

Signed,

The Immune One.
edit on 28/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: added 2nd reply

You divil!

Glad to hear you have incorporated it into your psyche and yeah, if you can deal with it, I would avoid surgery.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

I've got a heavy dose of tinnitus and i take advil at least twice a day. I've never heard of those being related together. If nothing else, this thread has definitely opened my eyes to something new! Now, I just wonder if I can find something pain relief wise that would be as effective as ibuprofen is for me... argh lol

OT, I get earworms constantly. My latest has been Johnny Cash, When the Man Comes Around. Had it when I woke up from a dream about my father (JC was one of his fav singers).

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have the epic solo as my ear worm .

but this song has been stuck in my mind for a better part of 2 months .. Not bad for a one man band

edit on 28/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Bacon Pancakes...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Stuck in my head all morning:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Painkiller...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

bacon bits ... well I raise nyan cat

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ever since the first time I heard this song a few months ago it has been stuck in my head no matter how many times I listen to it.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
(@ Serdgiam: then just tell us what you kicked out. lol)

It was a loooong time ago the last time a song was stuck in my head. When I was younger, I found that such an experience could be relatively annoying, so I stopped doing it.

Alternatively, I can listen to song, in their entirety, by starting it up in my brain. I can start it, stop it, play sections over and over, etc. No speed control though.

I am sure they have some sort of name for it. On both items, I always thought it was something everyone did. Took until high school to find out otherwise. They are probably connected somehow. Because of it, I have always found the topic intriguing.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
cant stop loving you. Leo Sayer.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hee hee, it's okay, greencmp. Karma arrived in the form of an 11 year old who decided, since I was immune, to play the listed songs so I had to hear them anyways. Of course, she did eventually run out of the room herself. I'm betting she still has Puff stuck in her head.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Yes! It's just like that!!!

Like having a jukebox in your head.

Some while back my kid asked me what music I'd been listening to lately. I said, "The kind that's in my head."

Also - snatches of dialogue from conversations, or films, or family comments, or kids' young phrasing classics.....

Those, also.

So - you don't think everyone has this 'affliction'?
Hmmm....

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Of course, she did eventually run out of the room herself. I'm betting she still has Puff stuck in her head.

GHA!!!

Yes.
Now I'm reminded of the loop tapes like they use in businesses - if you're a customer, it's cool, but if it's where you work? The same album(s) over and over ad nauseum....
I used to make 'mix tapes' to take to work to refresh the old ones, because at some point hearing the same loop 8 hours a day (even if it's pop radio) makes one want to smash the speakers. LOL!!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

stuck in my head no matter how many times I listen to it.

And listening again and again just embeds it deeper! I Know!
So then you are forever susceptible to hearing it, as long as you live.

Conspiracy! A conspiracy!!!!
*runs screaming from room*

No - but really - music has a huge effect on us. Inescapable. Perhaps music is the ultimate 'universal', along with smiling and tears.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
First off..THANK YOU for starting this thread, because if you didn't , I would have.
Every since Daytona 500, I had this short little tidbit of a song that Nascar chose to use for one of their promo segments, and it DROVE ME NUTS! I loved it, but couldn't find the name of the song or artist. When I googled it, obviously I was not alone, as many others were looking as well.so armed with only the lyrics of the chorus...I FOUND IT!!!!

***Disclaimer, there is one profanity bleeped out in the video.

edit on 28-3-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Mine is usually Phil Collins or Elton John because those two artists have more radio play than anyone else over the years so ear worms from them often occupy my head in the mornings. Lately however, this little gem by David Byrne and Brian Eno has an infectious melody that at least I enjoy. So here, have a fresh worm.

Strange Overtones

edit on 28-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Ha! Well, you're welcome. I was wondering if it was only me, but didn't think so.

Your post reminds me of one night out with pals, and I kept saying, "You know, that song that goes......na naa naa na, na na naNAA!""

and I was humming and beating it really well, but they didn't get it.
Later I found it: La Grange, by ZZTop. Took me years to remember the title!!
LOL!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join