It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75000 Americans killed Annually by Terrorists? Shock Horror... erm no actually by doctors !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Hello Pardon,

If I'm not mistaken the study and campaign you linked to wasn't conducted in the U.S.

Setting 187 acute trusts in England and Wales.

Or am I misreading the article you linked to?

If it is the case, that this study and campaign occurred in England, then it wouldn't have relevance to the studies that the OP or that I linked to since they concerned the U.S.

The study that I linked to indicates that the problem is on the rise in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

imwilliam
reply to post by Pardon?

Hello Pardon,

If I'm not mistaken the study and campaign you linked to wasn't conducted in the U.S.

Setting 187 acute trusts in England and Wales.

Or am I misreading the article you linked to?

If it is the case, that this study and campaign occurred in England, then it wouldn't have relevance to the studies that the OP or that I linked to since they concerned the U.S.

The study that I linked to indicates that the problem is on the rise in the U.S.

Did you read the study or did you just look at it's location?
The reason I posted that was to show the effect and projected effects on reducing infection of encouraging hand-sanitising for everyone, especially visitors, when going into a hospital.
I very much doubt that the effects are geographically limited.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Yes I did, and the results are impressive . . . in England and Wales . . . when health care workers actually do what they should have already been doing.

Did you read the article?

The main components of the campaign comprised provision of alcohol hand rub at the bedside, distribution of posters reminding healthcare workers to clean their hands, regular audit and feedback of compliance, and provision of materials empowering patients to remind healthcare workers to clean their hands

The focus of the campaign was to get health care workers to keep their hands clean . . . not visitors. The improvements are a result of health care workers doing what they should have already been doing.

I'm not sure where you get the bit about visitors from this study. Would it be helpful if visitors also washed their hands? Probably, but it's not addressed in the study you cited, if I'm mistaken please let me know; and it's unlikely the improvements would be on the same scale, since visitors are unlikely to have been handling other sick patients to the same degree and in the same numbers that health care workers are.

The study/campaign you cite suggests that negligence on the part of health care workers, not visitors, is responsible for a large number of preventable infections and when health care workers actually do what they're supposed to do, those numbers drop dramatically.

I'll also mention that preventable infections are only one cause of the preventable deaths tallied in the study I cited.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

imwilliam
reply to post by Pardon?

Yes I did, and the results are impressive . . . in England and Wales . . . when health care workers actually do what they should have already been doing.

Did you read the article?

The main components of the campaign comprised provision of alcohol hand rub at the bedside, distribution of posters reminding healthcare workers to clean their hands, regular audit and feedback of compliance, and provision of materials empowering patients to remind healthcare workers to clean their hands

The focus of the campaign was to get health care workers to keep their hands clean . . . not visitors. The improvements are a result of health care workers doing what they should have already been doing.

I'm not sure where you get the bit about visitors from this study. Would it be helpful if visitors also washed their hands? Probably, but it's not addressed in the study you cited, if I'm mistaken please let me know; and it's unlikely the improvements would be on the same scale, since visitors are unlikely to have been handling other sick patients to the same degree and in the same numbers that health care workers are.

The study/campaign you cite suggests that negligence on the part of health care workers, not visitors, is responsible for a large number of preventable infections and when health care workers actually do what they're supposed to do, those numbers drop dramatically.

I'll also mention that preventable infections are only one cause of the preventable deaths tallied in the study I cited.

Pardon? is a well known shill of big corporations and big pharma.That is why he has ran away and won't answer you.

The fact is thousands of people are dieing due to careless doctors/nurses who just don't care.In America it's all about the money and sucking you dry of all your cash.

Did you know that MRSA is a huge killer? Oh you won't hear on Foxnews there more interested Kim Kardasians clothes.

But just because something in not on the news does not mean it does not happen.

I mean you exist but you are not in the news.So does that mean you don't exist?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join