It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Year Old Girl Banned From School For "Acting Like A Boy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

An 8-year-old girl was banned from re-enrolling at her Christian school in Virginia because she doesn't act feminine.

Short-haired Sunnie Kahle was reportedly told she would be refused enrollment at Timberlake Christian School next year if she didn't stop dressing like a boy.

A letter sent to her grandparents Doris and Carroll Thompson — who are her legal guardians — said fellow students were confused as to whether she was a boy or a girl.

It allegedly reminded them that the school could refuse to admit a student "if that student is condoning sexual immorality, practicing a homosexual lifestyle or alternative gender identity."

This is not an issue I comment on very often as it does not directly affect me but this story made me angry. This type of discrimination should never happen, especially among children.

This part really made me question the mental health of the Principal...

Principal Becky Bowman's note then went on to say that her school "wasn't the best place for her education" if she didn't understand God had made her female — and she should dress and act as such.

Personally, I am not religious but from what I can tell religion is supposed to promote tolerance among fellow humans. The staff at this school should join the Westboro Baptist Church...I'm sure they will fit in quite well.

This is the year 2014 and there is no need for any of this, some people are stuck in the stone age.

Source

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Please add to the on-going discussion already in progress here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

join