It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura will be on ATS Today and Tomorrow!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I believe it is closed for the time being.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

andy1972
If you can get Jesse, you can get Chuck Norris...??

I will be staying tuned....

Oh, no. Not Chuck Norris. ATS couldn't handle him. He's counted to infinity twice and successfully created a health plan using the Obamacare website.

edit on 31-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Springer
ATTENTION:

After thinking about how busy this AMA is going to be and discussing among ourselves we've decided to open the thread 1 hour before Jesse logs back on to answer questions. The thread will opened at for questions at 4:00pm U.S. Central time.

That's about 15 minutes from now.

Here's the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

ENJOY!
thnx springer

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I'm going to just let the question sit in limbo and see if it posts when the thread opens up. I must of caught it right as they were changing the thread. *watches and ponders if it will work*

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Prolly a good idea buddy!

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I'm going to just let the question sit in limbo and see if it posts when the thread opens up. I must of caught it right as they were changing the thread. *watches and ponders if it will work*

That's interesting, so it actually worked I'm guessing, unless your posted it again. It was left spinning in the net somewhere and then uploaded when the thread was opened. cool.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

As soon as I saw a reply button appear I hit reload on the page that was loading and it inserted the question

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Edit: never mind, I missed the thread mentioned in the next post.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: deleted post, I missed a thread as it flew by

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Skeptic overlord claims that the original account was not actually Jesse Ventura, but someone impersonating him....

However that same account was given to the real Jesse.....

Here's the quote:

It turned out that someone briefly tried to impersonate Jesse on ATS. Rather than have even more confusion of two accounts with his real name, we decided to "take over" the impersonator's account. I wish it was more exciting than that, but it's not.

edit on 31-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

And a link to the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 31-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Editing

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yeah...this was my question to him in fact. I noted the membership date and asked in the AMA thread what was the topic or event that prompted his membership... didn't appear to have received a reply as of yet

I would be remiss if I didn't state that this AMA has the potential to be a well played April Fools...perhaps not...but nevertheless I am putting it out there

But...ATS's AMA is all over his feeds so likely not an April Fools.

edit on 3/31/2014 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Ooooh ya, no kidding!

How in the heck are we ever supposed to know?

I don't think they would do that though because so many members would be POed to the maximum.....

Eta: just read the site administrators responses,

Sincere apologies for any offense given.

Will apply more thorough research/before posting techniques in the future...... Except, didn't the previous member mention asking questions towards the first fake account? In Which case, THAT question was not directed towards the real Jesse.......
edit on 31-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Editing

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Thanks...so I asked the fake Jesse a question. Nice.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

It's against our TAC (for this very reason i.e. the real person coming to our site) to impersonate a public figure. We have taken a fake account and given it to the real public figure many times in the past 11 years. It's simple, don't lie to or try to hoax your fellow members on ATS.

This is NOT an April fools joke, go look at Jesse's FB page for crying out loud. sigh....
edit on 3-31-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Nope, you asked the REAL Jesse Ventura a question. Seriously, the tiniest amount of fact checking (his Facebook page
) would tell you that.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

That would have been a fairly epic April Fools joke though.

Makes sense now why my question in the AMA was bypassed though.

Nevertheless... Splendid AMA if I may say, some great questions being asked.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well I am all caught up on my recap of the AMA up until now, I am pleasantly surprised at how little offtopics and manner violations there have been so far. Great job on members so far

edit on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:53:18 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I could not agree more, THANK YOU ATS MEMBERS! Although was essentially for YOU, you could have squandered the opportunity but, per usual, you SHINED.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Springer

Nope, you asked the REAL Jesse Ventura a question. Seriously, the tiniest amount of fact checking (his Facebook page
) would tell you that.

I meant I asked the "Jesse Ventura" from 2012 a question on the only post which wasn't removed from that account. At the time I didn't know that it wasn't the real Ventura, so I was talking of the 2012 thread and not today's thread. Please check his posts, and the first one listed on his account - a post from the fake guy - is still left up, and since the real guy has come by to taken the account possibly that one should be removed as well so Jesse's not saddled with it. Great response, from both ATS and Ventura, nice work.

The fake post which is still up: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And please remove my response to that post as well, I thought it was the real deal when I posted it. thanks.:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Got it.
Now you know why we have a rule against people impersonating public figures, what surprises me the most is that nobody thought to ask us to see if that was the real "Jesse Ventura" two years ago when the impostor was posting.

Live and learn I guess...

Going forward if anyone ever sees a public person's name like that on this site, PLEASE PM me or anyone on the staff.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you ATS it was a very interesting read. I actually could hear his voice as I was reading his replies. He writes like he talks if that makes any sense??????

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join