It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those having a hard time in life.

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We all have those hardful times when it strongly seems we cannot overcome the persistant bleeding occuring in our life. A bleeding which in its essence is often based on multiple unresolved issues both consciously and unconsciously.

In these circumstances - moments of recurrent failures - we might lose hope towards breaking down the power they have over our mind.
One will easily understand this reality as the action of repeatedly falling over the same obstacle might strongly discourage an individual of actually crossing it. This can also lead to loss of perseverance.

When I face part of myself I have a hard time modifying, or work towards, I'll profoundly observe and improve my state of mind towards it. Sometimes the way we look at things is what truly blinds us. Our thoughts might even have a strong negative effect on us that feed and maintain this endless loop where the same mistakes are repeated over and over.

In reality, the fact is it's not that difficult to become a better person in life. The secret is to actually start doing it. Doing it now.
Not tomorrow.
Also realizing that one step behind often means 3 more forwards.
The road to salvation may be a very harsh one, but there's always light somewhere on the road. Keep in mind a tunnel always has an exit, no matter how long it may be.

That's why I'd like to share one simple but powerful quote about how to resolve life issues that inspired me along the road

StOrD

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Very inspiring. Thank you, S&F.

This is exactly what I needed to hear on a beautiful Friday morning, encouraging and motivating.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

That's a nice sentiment, but how do you deal with the reality when the government has targeted you to be screwed over because of what you have on them and then they have been doing this screwing for 14 years? Your idea works from a personal standpoint, but it fails when a third party with any kind of power, real or perceived, gets into the mix. I am simply talking from experience.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle
reply to post by St0rD

That's a nice sentiment, but how do you deal with the reality when the government has targeted you to be screwed over because of what you have on them and then they have been doing this screwing for 14 years? Your idea works from a personal standpoint, but it fails when a third party with any kind of power, real or perceived, gets into the mix. I am simply talking from experience.

Cheers - Dave

I would argue, we are all masters of our own destiny.

Anything that says otherwise is an excuse.

I look at it like the Churchill quote, when your going through hell don't stop.

Each step no matter how small is a step forward, just make it with purpose and you can get out of any "negative" situation.

ETA:

I say this from experience, from going from 6 figures to near homeless and unemployed, to crawling firmly back into middle classdom and homeownership.

It is possible to change your situation, just be willing to keep pushing forward.
edit on 28-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I understand what you are trying to say. It may not be as easy as we would like sometimes.

In the end, the only power we have is on ourselves. Most of the times, we can't change life's conditions that occurs outside of us so the option left to us is to mainly focus on what's going on inside.

Always keep this in mind:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I get you are trying to say something positive but I think this type of thinking might do more harm than good.

I see your philosophy used by many people to justify not providing social services to people in need. (If you don't believe me just look at some of these threads about food stamps and poverty).

Most problems are NOT caused by unresolved emotional issues. A mother struggling to care for her family on minimum wage doesn't have unresolved emotional problems. Her PROBLEM is the economy.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
bwahahaha, how'd you like that one uncle?
it's your fault somehow!?

..and all by *eckhart tolle* (one of oprah's gurus)
wahahahahahaha!!!!!!

priceless!

this claptrap made my night - topic saved to hard drive

edit on 28-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: LMFAO!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

benrl

bobs_uruncle
reply to post by St0rD

Cheers - Dave

I would argue, we are all masters of our own destiny.

Anything that says otherwise is an excuse.

I look at it like the Churchill quote, when your going through hell don't stop.

Each step no matter how small is a step forward, just make it with purpose and you can get out of any "negative" situation.

ETA:

I say this from experience, from going from 6 figures to near homeless and unemployed, to crawling firmly back into middle classdom and homeownership.

It is possible to change your situation, just be willing to keep pushing forward.
edit on 28-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

I certainly like the quote "when your going through hell don't stop" and I presume that means don't stop walking in order to get to the other side LOL but things are a bit different for me, of course everybody probably says that which makes it a bit cliche-like. I have been burned by this 'efing government in Canada at least three times, not little burns, but $800k in 1986 so I left Canada for SA, then in 1990 the only way the government would help my family get out of SA was if I was dead first (and that came from directly from Adrian Brazeau, the admin consul/ambassador) and in 1997-2001 I was the whistle blower on a $150 million tax and public funds fraud involving a government minister and a university (as well as others) and in that deal I lost $30 million in share equity which was rubber stamped and gag'd by the canadian government through the Superior Court of Canada. Revenue Canada is also complicit in this mess as they have hidden the $150 million tax fraud and will not process my losses even though there are court documents containing the evidence and I have been audited half a dozen times. During that last episode there were kidnapping threats against my children and death threats against my wife.

Since then, I have been trying to figure out how the government have been blocking me and screwing with my businesses. CSIS and I don't get along at all, I requested FOIA data on myself in 2006 and they came back with 9 statutes as to why my past is seriously scary to the government. When I got back to Canada in 1990, one of their CSIS ops asked me for information and when I wouldn't comply, asked if I didn't feel patriotic, LOL, not after being burned for $800k and after what the ambassador did, I don't think so. I also sent FOIA requests on myself to the RCMP, OPP and External Affairs. The RCMP and OPP were forthcoming and stated they had nothing, External Affairs ignored my FOIA request which is illegal. So I complained to the Privacy Commissioner's office, about CSIS and External Affairs, the Privacy Commissioner stated that I had received all the information (on myself) that I was entitled to, meaning nothing.

I am under the impression that the government is at war with me, a more subtle and insidious war that they started and that may or may not involve their handling of the SRTC program in the 80's or around the actions of Adrian Brazeau in 1990 or the $150 million in tax and public funds fraud between 1997 and 2001. Unfortunately, every chance I get I tend to reciprocate with the CRA and any other criminal enterprise attached to the government. I am actually waiting for my day in court right now as I have launched Notices of Objection and formal complaints against the NGO known as the Canada Revenue Agency.

So, in reference to your quote, I am walking through hell, I just don't see the edge of it just yet.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/28.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

UNIT76
bwahahaha, how'd you like that one uncle?
it's your fault somehow!?

..and all by *eckhart tolle* (one of oprah's gurus)
wahahahahahaha!!!!!!

priceless!

this claptrap made my night - topic saved to hard drive

edit on 28-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: LMFAO!!!!!!

It is my fault as I have not figured out a rational or constructive way of deconstructing the government just yet.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

"Each step no matter how small is a step forward, just make it with purpose and you can get out of any "negative" situation."

There are those who because of no fault of their own are left in very bad situations that they cannot possibly get out of. This is not one of those one size fits all situations. Though the OP can be inspiring to many, it cannot help everyone.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ity actually sounds like more goddamned social programming that they heap on us in varying ways......just keep going....don't look down or up.....plod to the showers with yer eyes low as possible so you don't notice the gas nozzles........
The social engineering is pervasive, and even this corny sentiment is plain establishment bullship......don't anybody get this yet?
They spout all this polyanna crap to keep you under the impression its YOU holding YOU back....not the overlords...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

stirling
Ity actually sounds like more goddamned social programming that they heap on us in varying ways......just keep going....don't look down or up.....plod to the showers with yer eyes low as possible so you don't notice the gas nozzles........
The social engineering is pervasive, and even this corny sentiment is plain establishment bullship......don't anybody get this yet?
They spout all this polyanna crap to keep you under the impression its YOU holding YOU back....not the overlords...

Yup I agree. You can't control the actions of others. You can't bring people back to life. You can't prevent natural disasters and you can't always prevent life altering injuries and illnesses.

There are things that are out of peoples control. Sometimes it is not about the choices you make but the choices of others.

What about an innocent man who has been wrongfully convicted for a crime he didn't commit? It happens.

I have had bad things happen in my past and spent years trying figure out what I could have done differently. It would have been easier for me to take some of the blame but I analyzed to the point of over analyzing it and realized there was absolutely nothing I could have done different. That realization was more painful than believing i could have had some control over the situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm surprised at what most of you guys responded to this thread. This thread is aiming at providing inspiration to people in time of need, whether it be with personal enlightment, family, friends, love, etc. It doesn't claim to have all the answers to the world's problems.

Yes there are elite overlords trying to make this earth a very tough and desperating place to live so they can keep their powerful thrones of power. But does that mean we aren't responsible for our life and what we make out of it? We are responsible for mostly everything that happens to us, period. Stop trying to find outer justifications.

Of course there are circumstances on which we don't have any power and that strongly affect us. That's exactly when this kind of teachings come into place.

If you can't change the world around you and its conditions, change yourself first.
How could anyone with several unresolved issues truly make the world a better place, I wonder?

It's not by chance that we are slave to an elite. People aren't yet conscious of their true and unique power. We are born to be free, but doesn't act at all like we are. Tomorrow we could all wake up and say 'That's enough!' and everything in this society would fall apart. But it doesn't happen, why?

It's simple: To be physically free, you must also be free in the mind.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at all the negative comments here, but please note that the OP is trying to help you here.

Firstly accept that your mind is controlling you, not the constant barrage of propaganda, take responsibility for your own actions and devise a plan to remove you from your unwanted situation.

Then keep working towards your goal without distraction.

Or...

The only person in charge of your destiny is YOU, and to add that you have no choice in life because of your leaders, you are accepting what they throw at you.

TPTB's work is done.

top topics

join