It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Marriage do you have a Right to Sex?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In Marriage do you have a Right to Sex?

Okay, getting back on topic.

The short answer is yes.

Under section 12 of the English Matrimonial Causes Act 1973, a refusal or inability to consummate a marriage can be grounds for the marriage to be voided.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's English law, but I imagine it's similar elsewhere.

Bottom line - don't want sex, don't get married.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I might be wrong but I kind of think that once the union has resulted in a bouncing baby any doubt that the marriage was consummated would be removed??

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Not without a DNA test.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

that depends just what happens when mom and dad can't afford the tests??
This could get quite expensive!
Besides Within a couple of years and a few kids without any complaint from the husband I don't believe the argument would hold water!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

If you pay for it yourself then it is $500.00 for a legal court valid DNA test. There are some programs that will pay for this test however.

If a man is married to the mother of the child he is the presumed father unless he challenges the paternity of the child/children. If he denies parentage and proves he is not the father... then a court will say he is not the legal father and he wont be legally responsible for the child in most cases.

You cannot just foist off your bastard child on your husband and lie to him...
edit on 8-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

butcherguy
I'm never getting married again. Twice was enough to teach me the lesson.

Every woman I am 'with' wants to get all serious right away. Hell, the last one proposed and bought me a freaking diamond ring.

I currently rank them above cats.
Just above.

You know, my 4th time around, my ma was pretty concerned, and said "considering your track record with wives, don'tcha think you ought to quit while you're Ahead? Well, not exactly ahead... just less far behind?"

I told her I was gonna keep on doing it until I got it right, just like the teachers in grade school told me to.

I finally got it right.

Some times you've got to plow a few fields before you find the one with the richest dirt.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Marriage certainly implies the expectation of sex...but the "right"? I don't think this is anything that needs to be legislated. If it is more important to one party than the other....then there is already a legal provision for it....DIVORCE.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There is no such thing as "right to have sex". A person should be with you for you, not to have sex because you're married or in a relationship.

If you're sexually frustrated. Communicate with your partner on what you guys can do or maybe talk about seeing another person? I don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join