It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people can get married in the UK at midnight tonight :D

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

DarknStormy

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy
Sure your not speaking about democracy there?

Can I ask why you seem to prefer religion to democracy?

Look at the standards in religion compared to the progressive failure of Democracy. Democracy isn't going anywhere. All it will be is a continuing failure.

????????

I'm sorry, but what? 1000 years ago we had kings in charge of everything. Then we saw the rise of laws and freedoms enshrined within those laws. Then Parliaments. Then sufferage in every way shape or form. The fact that everyone over the age of 18 has the vote in most countries is a triumph of the human will, of the need for people to express their thoughts. Democracy isn't perfect, but it's better than every other form of government that's been tried so far.
Would you prefer theocracy? Those tend to be appalling horrible places to live. Iran is a theocracy. Most of Saudi Arabia is a theocracy. Look at the old Holy Roman Empire, where you had to be of the same religion as your ruler or else. What did that result in - the Thirty Years War!
As for the standards in religion I can only laugh hysterically, given the number of reports of abuse by various priests of all denominations that have been turning up in recent years.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

kaylaluv

CJCrawley

Jesus, as depicted in the gospels, had disappointingly little to say about all kinds of things.

That's because he already said it all when he said to love your neighbor (and treat them how you would like to be treated), and love your God. It really is that simple, and nothing more needs to be said. All the other crap doesn't matter.

that my friend is one of the best replies and the most truthful i have ever read online and show's a person
that is why i come to ats

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why do some Christians have such an obsession with homosexuality? It's the same with some Muslims and alcohol.

Both of these examples are minor points in scripture, yet some so-called 'followers' of these faiths will build these issues up into something important.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

AnimatedMatter
Why do some Christians have such an obsession with homosexuality? It's the same with some Muslims and alcohol.

Both of these examples are minor points in scripture, yet some so-called 'followers' of these faiths will build these issues up into something important.

They have an obsession with hate, and unfortunately they can find pieces of the Bible to justify that hate. Not all Christians, mind you. "True Christians" have no room in their heart for hate, and have acceptance and tolerance for all. It's only the "Christians in Name Only" that shout out these minor points in scripture.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
????????

I'm sorry, but what? 1000 years ago we had kings in charge of everything. Then we saw the rise of laws and freedoms enshrined within those laws. Then Parliaments. Then sufferage in every way shape or form. The fact that everyone over the age of 18 has the vote in most countries is a triumph of the human will, of the need for people to express their thoughts. Democracy isn't perfect, but it's better than every other form of government that's been tried so far.

Dude, it's the same idiots in power all the time. They just shuffle around as if they are going to bring something new every election. Are you sure you actually have a say in who runs your country or is the political duopoly trap what you call expressing your thoughts?

Would you prefer theocracy? Those tend to be appalling horrible places to live. Iran is a theocracy. Most of Saudi Arabia is a theocracy. Look at the old Holy Roman Empire, where you had to be of the same religion as your ruler or else. What did that result in - the Thirty Years War!

Firstly, Iran under Sharia law which also regulates their form of democracy is not a bad place. Compared to Democratic countries, how many countries has Iran turned into rubble over the last 200 years or so? If anything they have been ambushed by Western democracies funding tyrants who then drop cyanide on innocent Iranians. Saudi Arabia is a Western puppet and they are more ruthless than the Iranians yet get away with everything they do. The Roman Empire were a bunch of Pagans and nothing more until they hijacked Christianity in 325a.d. To this very day Christians are unaware that they are worshipping Roman pagan teachings through their very own religion.

As for the standards in religion I can only laugh hysterically, given the number of reports of abuse by various priests of all denominations that have been turning up in recent years.

It's because those people are not truly religious. I'll use the Vatican as an example..

Vatican hierarchy do not marry
- Now the spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to MARRY, and commanding to abstain from foods which god created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 1 Timothy 4:1,3

The Military wing of the Vatican is the Swiss Guard and some say the Jesuit Order
- For the weapons of our warfare are NOT CARNAL but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. 2 Corinthians 10:4,5

If the Vatican and their denominations were the true leaders of Christianity, they would not require an army to safe guard them, they would marry and live like everybody else, setting a good example to the rest of humanity. They don't and cant even apply the teachings that they proclaim to lead in their very own institution. They pretty much are the Roman Empire just sitting in the background waiting for their opportunity once again. Oh and don't forget the Sun worship at Christmas and the Rabbit at Easter which is another Roman Pagan ritual of fertility or some bs...

Sorry for running to the Bible again but the evidence is too good to ignore.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

So you'd prefer Iran to a democracy????

I have to say that I would hate to live in any country that you're running.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

So you'd prefer Iran to a democracy????

I have to say that I would hate to live in any country that you're running.

No, I didn't say that at all but because the Iranian government are regulated by Islam and Khomenei, they cannot achieve certain things because it is against the laws of their religion. It's called self-control, something your leaders find very hard to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sorry, but I stand by the words of Winston Churchill: “It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”

So yes, I do believe in democracy and I stand by my views. And I think that a theocracy of any sort would be an utter nightmare.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Sorry, but I stand by the words of Winston Churchill: “It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”

So yes, I do believe in democracy and I stand by my views. And I think that a theocracy of any sort would be an utter nightmare.

If you and your country love it, great.. Just don't go pushing it on others who seem to end up with terrorists all over their countries after a promise of democracy fails.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

DarknStormy
If you and your country love it, great.. Just don't go pushing it on others who seem to end up with terrorists all over their countries after a promise of democracy fails.

So, can I ask what you would like to live under?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I hope people get pissed off with this so I can laugh in there faces

And say TOUGH SH1T!
DEAL WITH IT

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If that were happening in America some people would cry out

"good lord, next thing they'll do is marry monkeys!"

Thank god you are not America, Cheers!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Reply to DarknStormy

I agree with you on most of your points, but this one misses the mark in my opinion...

a gay person cannot be a true/righteous Christian. In a self-styled religion this would be OK but the true teaching tells the reader that they should stay away from not only homosexuals but anyone who transgresses the commandments of Jesus.. It's as simple as that.

Reason being, my pastor was born gay. I don't think suppressing your sexuality means you're no longer gay. Homosexual behavior is a sin that anyone can choose to commit whether you're gay or not.

I'd have a hard time telling someone who has fought like hell their whole life to suppress their sexual urges, that they're not a true/righteous Christian.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Bone75 because: Oops

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Bone75
Reply to DarknStormy

I agree with you on most of your points, but this one misses the mark in my opinion...

a gay person cannot be a true/righteous Christian. In a self-styled religion this would be OK but the true teaching tells the reader that they should stay away from not only homosexuals but anyone who transgresses the commandments of Jesus.. It's as simple as that.

Reason being, my pastor was born gay. I don't think suppressing your sexuality means you're no longer gay. Homosexual behavior is a sin that anyone can choose to commit whether you're gay or not.

I'd have a hard time telling someone who has fought like hell their whole life to suppress their sexual urges, that they're not a true/righteous Christian.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Bone75 because: Oops

Look I understand that what I'm saying may offend people but I'm only stating from a religious perspective what is written in the Bible. The thing with this issue is that it doesn't just apply to Homosexuality, it applies to many other topics which include things like adultery, sorcery, envy, violence etc. This isn't just a homosexual problem because in reality, many of the teachings are openly practiced (though they are condemned in the bible) and have been normalised in society. A lot of those things being practiced also lead to other issues also.

Now as for the part where I said "they should stay away from those people", it doesn't only apply to homosexuals either. Sorcery is condemned in the Bible so getting your palms read or seeking to speak to the dead are things you shouldn't do and though it also teaches not to be violent towards anyone, it does teach to not associate with those types of people. Now it is a tough stance but because I didn't write the Bible and have no authority to change a single word, that is the teaching in the end. If someone is going to act or push something which is condemned, not only are you committing idolatry but you are also putting your personal beliefs above the beliefs of your religion and therefore cannot possibly be a righteous Christian.
edit on 1-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

So, can I ask what you would like to live under?

I don't live under nothing except a roof which is on top of my house.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

wow u guys are still going at this in a religious perspective???? give it a break already.....

ffs guys use your time in a more positive way.... there are plenty of more important crisis in the world than this homosexuality issue.... get over it. stop blaming religion, we have been allowed/given the right to do what we want and look were it has got us....

I almost change my mind about this topic.... go gays!!! take over the world already and seize this sad race from reproducing any longer.....

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Lifeishigh

wow u guys are still going at this in a religious perspective???? give it a break already.....

ffs guys use your time in a more positive way.... there are plenty of more important crisis in the world than this homosexuality issue.... get over it. stop blaming religion, we have been allowed/given the right to do what we want and look were it has got us....

I almost change my mind about this topic.... go gays!!! take over the world already and seize this sad race from reproducing any longer.....

Your right and I didn't say there weren't more important issues in the world. But at the same time if homosexuals want equality then I should be considered an equal also and allowed to provide a counter argument as to why I do not agree with it. And mine has come from religious teachings.
edit on 2-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

hey im not attacking u, im on your boat brother, just getting tired of seeing others bash christianism and others for something that has been taken way off context

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Lifeishigh

hey im not attacking u, im on your boat brother, just getting tired of seeing others bash christianism and others for something that has been taken way off context

Yeah no worries...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

on that note..... will u marry me

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join