It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people can get married in the UK at midnight tonight :D

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Have you even read the Bible?

1 Corinthians 6:9,10 - Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither Fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.

That wasn't my opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Says a lot in the bible like beat unruly children to death, don't eat shell fish etc.
People cherry picking bits from the bible to disguise their own bigotry this is.
Different times so different rules...oh and it was written by man so...
edit on 1-4-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

DarknStormy

1 Corinthians 6:9,10 - Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither Fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.

That wasn't my opinion.

I like to think that we have evolved past the point where we have to keep running back to a book that dates back (or at least parts of it are alleged to have) to the Bronze Age. Besides, according to the bible I shouldn't eat bacon or scallops. To which I reply: sod off, I'm busy eating.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Says a lot in the bible like beat unruly children to death, don't eat shell fish etc.

Can you tell me where it says that?

People cherry picking bits from the bible to disguise their own bigotry this is.

No, A true Christian does not transgress the laws and commandments of the Bible. Your country is not a Christian country to start with. Your country have made an imitation religion which contradicts every aspect of the Bible and that includes the so called religious authorities. They are servants to Democracy, not religion and therefore are nothing more than hypocrites and liars.

Different times so different rules...oh and it was written by man so...

Well the Bible doesn't say go out and slaughter homosexuals or thieves etc. It says to turn away from them without aggression. So when I say homosexuality is wrong, it doesn't mean I'm going to go on a crusade and kill every homosexual I come across. It just means I stay away from them. And btw, Democratic law and Religious law are completely different things. Democracy will end one day and the bible will still be here.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

That wasn't my opinion.

I like to think that we have evolved past the point where we have to keep running back to a book that dates back (or at least parts of it are alleged to have) to the Bronze Age. Besides, according to the bible I shouldn't eat bacon or scallops. To which I reply: sod off, I'm busy eating.

That's your choice, I don't care what you do but at the same time don't knock something you obviously know nothing about.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Oh explain why the amount of Christians are decreasing every year then...
Sorry your club is in decline.

You will not go near gay folk? you are missing out they are wonderful people.
Again using the bible to hide your bigotry.

Oh and look up Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Also I can't believe in this day and age people follow a book which is so anti female....disgusting.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Are you saying that the bible trumps democracy? Seriously? And what's all that stuff about an imitation church?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

DarknStormy

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

That wasn't my opinion.

That's your choice, I don't care what you do but at the same time don't knock something you obviously know nothing about.

Actually I have an 'O'-Level in Scripture. It's what made me an atheist.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

DarknStormy

boymonkey74

Can you tell me where it says that?

They both feature heavily, eating things with cloven hooves or anything in the water that doesn't swim are part of Leviticus (which also bans 'harming the edges of your beard' and wearing two or more kinds of fabric is a gets you sent to hell for all eternity).

There's multiple times god allegedly sends animals down to tear the limbs of dozens of children for calling bald people bald in 2Kings.

The whole book is full of nonsense everyone ignores unless they get to cite it to enforce their own prejudices on others.
edit on 1-4-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Oh explain why the amount of Christians are decreasing every year then...
Sorry your club is in decline.

I don't care why Christians are declining. That's not my responsibility.

You will not go near gay folk? you are missing out they are wonderful people.
Again using the bible to hide your bigotry.

No I agree with the Bible, and again it's not just homosexuality but other issues also.

Oh and look up Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Deuteronomy is the Jewish teaching from that part of history and has no bearing on todays world. Why? Because a new commandment came through Jesus Christ. But since you brought it up I will respond anyway. As you should of seen that child was a Glutton and a Drunkard. So do you actually think that person was an actual child? Think about it.. All it says is the son is stubborn, rebellious, a glutton and a drunkard. Where does it say that the person is a kid or a teenager? A son can also be an adult.

Also I can't believe in this day and age people follow a book which is so anti female....
It's not anti female..
edit on 1-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I'm Agnostic.....and married.

I got married in a Registry Office.

Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity or any other faith or belief system.

Sure, some gay people will want to get married in a church or another place of worship, that option is now available to them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a 'progressive agenda' as some have stated, (that idea is simply ridiculous, if anything there is a reactionary agenda being implemented here in the UK!), but rather has everything to do with simply treating people as equals and in the same manner as we like to be treated ourselves. Wasn't that one of the fundamental messages Jesus taught?

You say churches will have their licenses revoked.
Nonsense.
Catholic churches insist that anyone wanting to be married in their church has to be seen to be a practising Catholic - no-one is threatening to withdraw their licence. Why would it be any different for gays? Its my understanding that faith is the determining factor in whether anyone is allowed to be married in a church.

I really don't understand why you are so opposed to something that has absolutely no bearing on your life whatsoever and will have no bearing on whether you will be admitted into your heaven.

I thought judging people was the preserve of your God?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Not anti female lol.

I don't think you have even read the darn book.

www.religiouscriticism.com...

How long was it before you could have women priests? and how many Christian branches still refuse them status?
It was written by men to keep the females down.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Are you saying that the bible trumps democracy? Seriously?

Well no. Spirituality really has nothing to do with this world. Though the Biblical law could be implemented in the physical world it is more of a test of self-control and faith to the individual.

And what's all that stuff about an imitation church?

Well I'll leave this with you.

1 Corinthians 3:16 - Do you not know that you are the temple of god and that the spirit of god dwells in you?

It's what comes from inside a person that matters, not the amount of money and marvellous structures they build around the world.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Not anti female lol.

I don't think you have even read the darn book.

www.religiouscriticism.com...

How long was it before you could have women priests? and how many Christian branches still refuse them status?
It was written by men to keep the females down.

1 Corinthians 14:34,38 - Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak: But they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church. Or did the word of God originally come from you? or was it you only that it reached? If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Imitation/self styled churches have women priests. Same as imitation/ self styled churches do not marry women either.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

DarknStormy
1 Corinthians 14:34,38 - Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak: But they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church. Or did the word of God originally come from you? or was it you only that it reached? If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Imitation/self styled churches have women priests. Same as imitation/ self styled churches do not marry women either.

Round objects. Women should be silent in church??? Since when should the mores and beliefs of a man who died 2,000 years ago (and who might very well have subverted the early church after the siege of Jerusalem) be listened to in this day and age?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

You are quoting something from Corinthians to support your anti-gay, anti-women dogma.
Corinthians?
Written by Paul?

The message of St Paul is quite often diametrically opposed to the message taught by Jesus!

And an Agnostic has to point this out to a Christian?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Lol

It isn't funny really just sad. Nice spot though

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Freeborn

You are quoting something from Corinthians to support your anti-gay, anti-women dogma.
Corinthians?
Written by Paul?

The message of St Paul is quite often diametrically opposed to the message taught by Jesus!

And an Agnostic has to point this out to a Christian?

And how's that so? Because I don't see how the are contrary to the message of Jesus at all. If anything they are pretty much telling you plain and clear what is and isn't required under the law of Jesus.

What the hell is an Agnostic? Is that 1/2 atheist/believer or something?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Paul must have been tossed over by a woman or three in his time, so his subconscious finally found a way to get back at them - by trying to submerge them under a doctrine which took the form of state law for centuries. The fury of a man scorned.

Hey, did you hear Elton John is getting married? Gay married that is. I think he said in May.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Aleister

Paul must have been tossed over by a woman or three in his time, so his subconscious finally found a way to get back at them - by trying to submerge them under a doctrine which took the form of state law for centuries. The fury of a man scorned.

Hey, did you hear Elton John is getting married? Gay married that is. I think he said in May.

Yeah, good luck to him...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join