It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CASE 1963 - Military Personell on DC-8 Sighting over Atlantic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A strange sighting story from an airplane passenger on broad daylight (black cigar shaped UFO). The date is 1963 , The route is paris to ottawa, The passengers are NATO personell. The sighting was followed by a massive turbulence on the plane (not known if it is related with the UFO or not.

Sadly it is a single-witness case since no other passenger witnesses the gigantic UFO below the plane. It is unknown if the pilots saw the UFO (a possibility since the UFO was below the aircraft and crossing the airplane's path)..

Anyone know related documents on over the atlantic sightings at 1963 ?

A Gigantic "Cigar" Over the Atlantic in 1963

The witness is a lady from one of the countries of Western Europe that are members of NATO. For reasons which will be evident, she has asked that on no account should her name and address, or her nationality at birth, be divulged. Her statements are supported by a lengthy and detailed written version and a sketch. The gist of it is as follows:

The events which I now describe took place in the first or second week of May 1963.

"We took off from Orly Airport, Paris, some time after 10.00 A.m., and we were told that the flight to Ottawa would take about seven hours. As there were only 50 of us, the plane was relatively empty. I took a window seat on the port side (left) near the wing. The other two seats in my row remained empty throughout the flight. As NATO personnel we were all of course well known to each other, and very much a 'family group'.

"The weather was beautiful, and the Captain announced that we would fly at 36,000 feet. After lunch had been served, I sat enjoying the view of the vast expanse of sky above the clouds. The windows of the DC-8 were very large, the largest I seem to recall having seen
on an aircraft, and came down quite low beside the passenger.

"I was just reaching down to take a book and was astonished to glimpse below the 'plane something dark and absolutely tremendous that stood out in vivid contrast to the brightness all around. Almost beneath the DC-8, was a gigantic dark grey 'torpedo'. It seemed menacing and frightening, and I had the impression that it was stationary. It looked as though made of steel. No portholes or windows were visible. No wings or projections. Nothing but the long perfect torpedo form, with its bullet shaped head, and the rear end which was cut off sharply and squarely. The monster was well below us. I thought maybe 2,000 metres or so below us,

"I looked down again quickly at the monster, and saw that a swathe of tiny clouds were beginning to pass over it, though it remained visible through them for a few seconds before being lost to my sight.

"I sat there feeling utterly frustrated, both because of my inability to explain to myself what it was that I had seen, and because apparently not one of the others had seen it. I felt too baffled to ask, and too scared lest I might prove to be the only witness in which case they would simply laugh at me. I resolved that, when back in Paris, I would talk about it to one of the NATO experts on nuclear weapons, a man whom I knew well, and with whom I had often chattered on all sorts of subjects.

"But there is a second part to my story which was far more terrifying than the sight of the huge 'torpedo,' and which I found it equally impossible to explain to myself. I must emphasise that whether or not it was in any way related to the 'torpedo' I cannot say, as I do not have sufficient technical knowledge. Yet I have the feeling that it might be unwise to exclude this part from my account,

"After my glimpse of the monster 'torpedo,' I sat there brooding on it for half an hour or so, as I recall, when suddenly the DC- 8 started to shudder and pitch up and down violently, nosing steeply upwards, then steeply downwards, and this went on for a long, long time. I might explain that I had often encountered turbulence and 'air-pockets' when travelling by aeroplane, but it had never been anything remotely like this. This was as though we were in a gigantic lift that was shooting up and down madly. And, as though that was not enough, there now came a succession of reports like cannon-fire or thunder, filling the cabin. Meanwhile the plane continued to shudder and 'buck' violently, and each time it came down I had the sensation that it was going to break in half.

"Throughout all this, everybody in the passengers' cabin sat there petrified, absolutely silent, white-faced. After a while of this, I felt such panic that I rushed up front in search of a stewardess, and shouting ''What's going on? I'm scared!'' I lifted a curtain in front of what seemed to be a sleeping-berth, and found a stewardess lying on the bed there, her hands covering her eyes as though she were eeping. She gave no response to my shouts, and all around there was total silence.

I ran forward to the stewardesses' quarters but there was nobody there. I hammered on the door leading to the cockpit, and shouted again, asking what was happening, as I was scared to death. The other stewardess came out and looked at me as though I were an idiot, and for a while said nothing. Then, calmly, she announced 'Ladies and Gentlemen, do not be alarmed: the cabin is being depressurized.' Shortly afterwards, the Captain was heard to make the same announcement.

"Whether or not this frightening behaviour by the DC-8 was in any way connected with what I had seen is something that I have so far found no way of knowing. Nevertheless, even if this second part of my story is found fully explicable and discountable, I am still anxious that my account of the great 'torpedo' shall find a place in the records.

"Did anyone else aboard the DC-8 see the 'torpedo'? That is the key question. Given the position of the 'torpedo' in relation to the passenger cabin, only a passenger looking out and downwards at that precise moment would have caught a brief glimpse of the object and, as I have said, I found no evidence that any other passenger did see it.

"As for the plane's crew, there was only the one stewardess who seemed upset. What is certain is that the pilots up in the nacelle certainly would have had abundant time in which to see the 'cigar,' as it cut slightly diagonally across their route from their port side and well below them. No explanation or comment whatsoever about the 'cigar' was given by the Captain or any other crew member, and no statement was made by the authorities when we landed in Canada.

"It must however be borne in mind that, although the machine was to all appearances an ordinary DC-8 civilian passenger carrier, the party on board consisted entirely of NATO personnel, and NATO is a 'military' organization. We were flying under NATO auspices and in that sense we were under military control. In such circumstances it would not be surprising if the cockpit crew and the stewardesses were less forthcoming about a UFO than perhaps they might have been, were it an ordinary passenger flight."

www.ufoevidence.org...
www.waterufo.net...
www.nicap.org...

edit on 28-3-2014 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2014 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A much more viewed ufo was seen during that time frame by NATO servicemen returning to the CONUS on a military transport....
Pilots and passengers observed it and the plane was met by intelligence agents when it landed at Goose bay Nfld.
All personell were interrogated and cautioned to silence.....don't have any more definite info cept to say that there were other sightings on that same route.......

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
made me curious on the overall region of goosebay / labrador area /' newfoundland ..

didnt some of the military sightings occured on these regions ? including the famous BOAC sighting ? and the Bethune Gander incident ? One of the intriquing thing about BOAC incident was that the plane was told to hold position because of some unknown reason (to the amazement to the pilots because its rare for planes on departure to hold position). When the pilot ask for permission to divert north, it was granted and thus they saw the strange black morphing thingy beside their plane..

new topics

join