learn more

Corruption runs deep in the Democratic party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Bridgegate was all over the msn. Larry Craig all over the msn.

Most of these stories you have heard nothing about in the msn and when they do mention they don't acknowledge the fact that they are democrats.

Also most of the ones you mentioned are old stories. Like I said most of the ones I posted are ongoing. Try again!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Yes please do try again. I was looking forward to a list of corrupt Republican officials that the MSM hasn't beaten to death about already. These guys need to be exposed for who they are.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What ? There both corrupt and your I'm backing the dems? I might have misunderstood you amigo.

I agree with most progressive policies I guess but no I don't just inherently back dems. In fact I'm hoping for rand Paul in 2016. I think the ending the war in drugs would be more benificial to society then the things I disagree with ole rand over and no dem is offering that.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I wasn't pretending anything. I welcomed any one to create a republican thread of the same nature. Remember these are current stories.
All you are doing is deflecting so please try to stay on topic.

By the way I'm not a conservative I am a libertarian.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think I understand your intent. At least I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. But I feel the need to point out what should be obvious. One of the major problems with 'things' is that people in general operate from 'sound bites'. Few bother to look beyond the headlines or employ some critical thinking and that opens-up disturbing opportunities to use such headlines to mislead and essentially propagandize. We see it every day. Some publications use this tactic as their stock-and-trade. When you, OP, decide to single-out the Democrats in your post topic you are sending a distinct (and egregiously inaccurate message) to the 80% of people that will never bother to read your 'Republicans-too' disclaimer. If this was your intent then shame on you. If you simply don't 'get it' then shame on you.

One of the biggest and most pressing challenges we face as 'The People' is freeing ourselves from the two-party corruption that has ruined this country. Everything that is done to further the party biases and encourage people to take sides is counterproductive and just plain wrong. It is Fox News comes to ATS. As long as people are able to take a 'my-party-is-better-than-your-party' position based upon skewed or sensationalist sound bites we will never be able to purge our political system of the scourge that is the corrupt two-party system that is raping and pillaging all of us. People prefer to distill things down to overly simplified (and hugely erroneous) A vs. B answers. Even when the real problem is more complex and has nothing to do with either A or B. Thread titles like yours do nothing to change things and only serve to deepen a serious problem.

Or was that your intention?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by beezzer

What ? There both corrupt and your I'm backing the dems? I might have misunderstood you amigo.

I agree with most progressive policies I guess but no I don't just inherently back dems. In fact I'm hoping for rand Paul in 2016. I think the ending the war in drugs would be more benificial to society then the things I disagree with ole rand over and no dem is offering that.

Those that embrace progressive policies are mostly democrats, though not all.

So I would think that if you are supporting policy that is endorsed by those that are known to be corrupt, you might have second thoughts about what those policies actually are and what they do.

Or else it is just blind loyalty to a platform.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Almost every corrupt politician case makes every news channel. I watch them all. I'm a political junkie lol. Do ALOT of talk radio. The call screeners all know me lol.

In rightwing world they pretend like the main stream media ignores corrupt dems. I hear them all the time claim " you won't hear a about this on MSNBC". When if as soon as they say that you turn the channel and it's there lead story. They play off the fact few people actually check both stations. Next time you hear fox claim the left isn't talking about this or that. Change the channel and I promise they are

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Do you have a fan club? If so sign me up!!!

Well said my point exactly!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

The one part of this story that has been totally over looked Is the real question who is outing these guy's and why?

Is it the democrats trying to clean up their party, or is it the republicans trying to create some havoc in the mid-terms.

Some of these investigations have been going on for years. Why are they all coming to a head now? That is the real question
This is not partisan. There are some legitimate questions that need answers.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

"Culture of corruption" was Dem's favorite talking point all thru Bush years...completely fabricated out of thin air.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You are not paying attention at all.
This thread is not meant to offend any one. If you take offence you might want to ask yourself why?
Look deeper!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's a very false statement..... The exact same could be said for conservative or libertarianism.

So because some conservatives are corrupt, then all conservative policies are corrupt?

That's crazy! So if Martian Luther king jr. Had been a dirtbag behind closed doors then obviously there's no need for racial equality huh?

Or ami missing your point?

Even the worst , most useless person on the planet could have an idea that fixes the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by beezzer

That's a very false statement..... The exact same could be said for conservative or libertarianism.

So because some conservatives are corrupt, then all conservative policies are corrupt?

That's crazy! So if Martian Luther king jr. Had been a dirtbag behind closed doors then obviously there's no need for racial equality huh?

Or ami missing your point?

Even the worst , most useless person on the planet could have an idea that fixes the world.

No it's not false. You back corrupt politicians because they may have an ideology that fits within your own meme?

Then wouldn't your thinking be just as corrupt?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Haiburton got the rebuild contract for Iraq how is that not corruption?
edit on 28-3-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Haiburton is not a politician! They might buy and sell politicians, but they are not politicians.
Still deflecting?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What corrupt politician have I backed?

I think about 80% of the country votes for what they consider the lesser of 2 evils. So I am really missing your logic.

Are you making a case for not voteing at all? Because there both corrupt? Or saying that because some are corrupt they all are?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Nicely said. It really annoys me to watch such a low brow tactic... Niether party is inherently evil like the talk radio idiots act. Both parties are filled with corrupt sellouts who only care about re election.

I think the general perception here is that all politicians are human and are therefore corruptible.

It really isn't about evil, people don't seek power because they wish to do evil, they become evil whence they acquire power.

I believe the solution is simply to relentlessly remove power from the political offices themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Halliburton was owned by the vice pres. At the time we invaded. So he gave himself a gagillion dollar contract to rebuild Iraqs oil fields. A no bid contract if memory serves correctly. I might be wrong about the no bid part, but don't think so

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

No longer wasting my time on you. Please read my last few posts if you want to consider having an intelligent conversation. You are missing the whole point of this thread with your hostility.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You mean dick Cheney the owner of haiburtan was a politician and giving a trillion dollar reconstruction contract to yourself because of a war you started is pretty corrupt. Thanks man!

Do I need to show how dick Cheney was connected to the bush administration? Oh I'll let you handle that part. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join