Corruption runs deep in the Democratic party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It seems that corruption runs deep in the Democratic party. I recently posted a story on Senator Yee of California so I wont elaborate on him any further. The link to that story here

Anyway got me looking into this story. Some interesting things happening over the last few years. I'll post what I have found and give my take after.

Ron Calderon Democratic Senator California

Controversy has trailed the Montebello Democrat since FBI agents raided his office last summer, the first publicglimpse of a wide-ranging corruption investigation. A grand jury recently charged Calderon with 24 felony counts related to accepting bribes in order to steer legislation for his benefactors.

link

Roderick Wright Democrat Senator California

SACRAMENTO -- On paid leave as he prepares to fight felony convictions for perjury and voter fraud, state Sen. Roderick Wright (D-Inglewood) said Monday he is finding it frustrating to be away from the policy debate in Sacramento and being stuck in a world of legalese in the criminal justice system. “It’s challenging" to be away from Sacramento, he said in his first extensive interview since he was convicted by a jury Jan. 29 of eight felonies. "I have been kinda, sorta involved in public policy for a long time.” Prosecutors said Wright lied when he claimed to live in Inglewood when he actually lived in the upscale Baldwin Hills neighborhood outside his Senate district.

Link 2

Patrick Cannon Democratic mayor of Charlotte, N.C.

Cannon, a 49-year-old Democrat who took office only four months ago, was scheduled to show up at a luxury apartment in South Park for yet another payoff from what he thought were businessmen needing his influence in city matters, the affidavit says.But after arriving, Cannon learned who they really were, a source confirmed: undercover FBI agents who’d been recording their meetings over the past three years, long before he launched a campaign for mayor in 2013.

Link 3

Ray Nagin Democratic mayor of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina

the former two-term mayor of New Orleans indicted after he left office, was convicted Wednesday of 20 federal corruption charges for illegal dealings with city vendors, dating back to 2004. A jury delivered its verdict just before 1 p.m., after six hours of deliberations that followed a nine-day trial.

Link 4

Tony Mack Democratic mayor of Trenton New Jersey

Mack’s been holding onto office for more than two weeks, despite being found guilty of federal corruption charges.

Link5

Bob Filner Former Democratic mayor of San Diego California

Bob Filner was sentenced Monday to three months of home confinement and three years of probation for harassing women while he was mayor of San Diego, completing the fall of the former 10-term congressman who barely a year ago achieved his long dream of being elected leader of the nation’s eighth-largest city.Filner, who resigned amid widespread allegations of sexual harassment, pleaded guilty in October to one felony and two misdemeanors for placing

link 6

Kwame Kilpatrick Former Democratic Detroit

Mr. Kilpatrick, 43, was convicted in March of two dozen counts that included charges of racketeering and extortion, adding his name to a list of at least 18 city officials who have been convicted of corruption during his tenure. His punishment ranks among the harshest major state and local public corruption cases.
link 7

William Scarborough Democratic New York state Assemblyman

ALBANY — In another embarrassment for the state Legislature, the FBI raided the home and offices of a Queens assemblyman Wednesday morning.

This one is still under investigation.
link 8

John Sampson Democratic senator New York

During the hearing, a prosecutor said he had offered Mr. Sampson a plea agreement, which he has until the end of the month to accept. Under the agreement, Mr. Sampson would plead guilty to embezzlement and one other charge and accept a sentence of 37 to 46 months. He faces up to 20 years in prison under the most serious charge if he is found guilty at trial
Link 9

STATE SEN. John Sampson was slapped with a new federal indictment Monday charging him with lying to FBI agents about a liquor store in which the Brooklyn Democrat was a secret partner

link 10

Malcolm Smith former head of the New York State Senate

Stunning new corruption charges were levied Tuesday against the former head of the New York State Senate.Queens lawmaker Malcolm Smith is accused in a complicated shake-down bribe scheme of trying to buy himself a new Senate leadership role, CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer reported.

link 11

Gordon Fox Democratic Speaker of the House Rhode Island

Gordon Fox resigns as speaker of R.I. house Abrupt end to tenure arrives after police raids on home, office Rhode Island Speaker of the House Gordon Fox, D-Providence, resigned Saturday after federal and state law enforcement officials raided his Statehouse office and home Friday to collect evidence regarding an “undisclosed matter,” the Providence Journal reported.

link 12
This is what we have representing us in our states and in our country.
Doesn't it make you feel All warm and fuzzy? This is absolutely insane and people wonder why this
edit on 28-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: fixed 2nd error

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Awww ... you couldn't make it a baker's dozen. LOL Nice thread. S&F'd early!!

I hope someone does come along with the Republican side of this as well. Everyone needs to see how bad 'both' sides of this problem really are. Someone said once in a reply to one of my posts, that it's "the purple machine" ... and I am in full agreement with him/her.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yep that is what I think too.
We need to see both sides so that America will know that this two party system is a sham, and all politicans need to be held accountable. Break out the pitchforks! Lets get these Bastards!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Now if the FBI would just define "campaign donations" as bribery, and "lobbying" and PACs were outlawed, we might - might - be able to start over.

Erase everyone's debt. Everyone starts on an even footing. Even with a small nest egg, say $5,000. They should be BUYING our votes, not being paid for what they do.

Civil servants on Capitol Hill - all make minimum wage.
And make it more like jury duty - you get drafted in for your term. No glory, no glamour.
That would take care of a lot of it.

The people who need to be up there are the ones who don't want to be.
IMO.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hmm...I wonder what I'll find when I type 'corruption' and 'republican' into a search engine...

I guess the further you claim the moral high ground, the harder you fall.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Is this the best America can do?

We have over 350 million Americans in this country (4 trillion if you count illegals) and corrupt, idiotic, moronic, criminal mouth-breathers are the best we can come up with to represent Americans?

We get the government we deserve.

The people chosen to represent us are a reflect of who we are.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I couldn't agree more.
I always thought the simple solution would be to pass a law making it illegal for politicians to consort with lobbyist , or any kind of special interest groups.. The punishment should be death!
edit on 28-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

I didn't claim the moral high ground. If you had read what I posted you would know that I welcomed a thread on republicans as well.
Please and I mean please make a republican thread.
We all need to see this. It is sickening.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

rupertg
Hmm...I wonder what I'll find when I type 'corruption' and 'republican' into a search engine...

I guess the further you claim the moral high ground, the harder you fall.

Please do. There is a valuable lesson learned in cataloging the criminal behavior of not only elected politicians but RE-ELECTED politicians.

Unfortunately partisan idiots never seem to learn the right lesson. As per your post.

America, please stop electing crackheads, liars, thieves, rapists and all other form of criminal to public office and for christs sake please stop re-electing them. Especially after their criminal behavior comes to light. I mean WTF?

Put down your little (R) or (D) flag for just one minute and look around to see the world we're living in for what it really is.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Do you really think someone couldn't post just as many links to stories of corrupt republicans... Nixon much? Lol

Our political system is corrupt on both sides.

This is obviously disinformation. Anyone could have posted the same thing about either party. Don't be a sheeple!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Sure, care to offer one up? I'm going by the responses to this thread that the participants would be more than happy to read that list. In fact, someone even asked for one to be posted.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Nicely said. It really annoys me to watch such a low brow tactic... Niether party is inherently evil like the talk radio idiots act. Both parties are filled with corrupt sellouts who only care about re election.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Bringing Nixon into this wont work. most of the stories I posted are newer than 2010, and a majority are on going cases.
People keep talking about starting a republican thread like this. Once again I say (Please Do). Both sides need exposed for the slime that they are.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I'm too lazy to research it this morning lol. But off the top of my head.

Nixon- no explication needed

The republican tapping feet in bathroom stalls hoping for some random. Gay sex.

Chris Christie and the bridge gate thing.

The one who lied to the public about hiking the Appalachian trail while banging his South American girlfriend. He was married.

Haliberton getting the rebuild contract for Iraq

IRAQ!!!lol

Larry Craig was a republican right. Had multiple gay affairs while married. Even giving his lover a state position.

William Jefferson got caught taking 100k in bribes...he's in jail now I think

Ted Stevens Alaskan rep, took like 250k in bribes from oil companies

Tom delay plead guilty to corruption

Make foley from Florida was sending sexting underage interns... He was like 50 yrs old

Randy Cunningham bribery.

That enough? Lmao

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I am not saying the dems arnt corrupt. Just that both are corrupt and pretending anything difference is a BS talking point.

All those were from te last ten years.
edit on 28-3-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Your Quote;This is obviously disinformation. Anyone could have posted the same thing about either party. Don't be a sheeple! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

How is this disinformation it is all 100% truth. No disinformation here.

Isn't the motto of this site to dent ignorance? You did nothing more than put yours on display.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Pretending that the dems are more corrupt than the GOP when both have a long history of corruption is disinformation.... Obviously...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Pretending that the dems are more corrupt than the GOP when both have a long history of corruption is disinformation.... Obviously...

Rather then making this a thread on the corruption in politics ( something definatly needed!). You are obviously pushing your own personal agenda. A 3 year old could tell your a conservative by your thread....
edit on 28-3-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

So because republicans are just as corrupt (?) as democrats, you find it acceptable to still endorse a platform that encourages democrats into more power?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join