It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Case Dismissed" There is justice.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

BY WHAT AUTHORITY DO YOU ATTACH A NAME DERIVED FROM A PUBLIC DOCUMENT TO ME?

What do the words THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER mean, do you even know?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

SuperSeeds

BY WHAT AUTHORITY DO YOU ATTACH A NAME DERIVED FROM A PUBLIC DOCUMENT TO ME?

What do the words THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER mean, do you even know?

Did I attribute anything to you? No, I did not. I said that I would not trust anything that DEAN CLIFFORD said, whether HE wrote it or not. Unless you are Dean Clifford, pull your head out of your ass. You've cut off the oxygen supply to your brain.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

if it were me, I would take every safety advantage available, even just a lap belt. Again if it were me and I had a car before 1981 I think I would get it retro fitted with shoulder bets...that's just me though.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LA1IMPALA

Oh I wear my seat belt all the time. I actually feel uncomfortable without a seat belt. Comes from wearing one since around 1969. Don't remember wearing a belt before that because the back seats of our '65 Mustang didn't have any and I have no idea what the cars we had before '65 came equipped with.

My car doesn't move unless everyone is buckled up and that would be the case even if there wasn't a seat belt law.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am noticing a real trend with some US citizens in regard to 'rights' and the govt. This seems like a perfect example of that. Someone is fighting to not wear seatbelts because it goes against personal rights, even though I think most sane people would look at this and say that if in a crash, you are much more likely to be safer if wearing a seatbelt than not. And remember, children often follow their parents belief, so you are not just playing with fire with your own life, but with others too as they might not wear a belt and be in an accident.

I have heard of people saying they would die for their rights but this does seem like a silly reason to die, a likely Darwin Award to be honest.. Perhaps the people complaining that govt has made not wearing a seatbelt an offence are missing the point about WHY they have, maybe they did it because people left to their own devices can be too daft not to do the sensible thing. And before anyone says that is their right....yes, it is your right to be an idiot...but maybe the govt is trying to encourage you not you not to be...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

nightstalker78

ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by diggindirt

What a Jackass!!!! I had the same thing happen to me here in So Cal. However, my situation was a tad bit different. I encountered a California Highway Patrolman that admitted he pulled me over simply so he could check out my 1968 Barracuda. He went on to say that if I showed up in court, he would just walk away...and he kept his word.

I feel bad for you, because I know how that feels. My husband and I have been pulled over 3 times in one month for not wearing a seat belt in a 1955 Chevy Bel Air! What the heck? Always dismissed, but never compensates for the time wasted going to court.

I said "the next time it happens...I'm suing the crap out of the next A Hole who cites me, when I'm legally riding/driving with no seat belt". Mind you going about 35 miles per hour.

What a piece of work your cop was

edit on 3/28/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: spelling

Cannot stand you or people like the OP. You are the type who will sue if you get into an accident and are thrown through your windshield.You'll blame the car manufacturer instead of yourself for not wearing a seatbelt.And calm your tits, you ain't suing nobody. I sincerely hope you don't need that cops help when you inevitably wreck.And get hurt because you wanted to show [the man" that legally you dont have to wear a seat belt.

It's disturbing so many here think it's okay not to wear a seat belt because the law says you don't have to. Same with those idiots I see out on the highway not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle.

Well, I guess you fit RIGHT IN with all the overzealous, high and mighty, jackboots then.

I believe that people should have the right to do what they want, when they want, if they are of sound mind and a responsible adult. When it comes to seat belts, anyway.

The OP never said a thing about SUING anyone, and certainly never said ANYTHING about "blaming the car manufacturer instead of yourself for not wearing a seatbelt."

Your comment for her to "calm her tits" shows what a misogynistic a$$hat you are. Why so much rage over a post on ATS that doesn't even concern you?

To the OP: WELL DONE! Way to stand up for yourself, and your rights. I cannot stand this new breed of "police" that they're churning out. Makes me mad as heck and sick to my stomach. I try to avoid them like the plague...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Congratulations on your 'victory'. How proud you must feel.

I hear the treatment for traumatic brain injury sustained by going through a windshield at 30+ miles per hour is great these days. It'll be years before you talk or walk again, and your short and long term memory may be shot, and your emotional lability will try the patience of the most dedicated medical/household help, but I'm sure you won't ever regret being able to ride down the road without a belt on, such is the momentary feeling of freedom. You have bought extra medical insurance, right? Long term care? Cuz people like you cost the rest of us untold millions every year, and you're no fun to live with, either.

And yeah, there's special tools you can keep in your car in case you need to break a window or slice the jammed seat belt off. Do you understand that your chances of a regular car accident far exceeds your chances of being caught in a burning car?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Overall a great story. The Police do need to know the laws that they enforce.

But the fire phobia thing doesn't fly with me. I guess you're OK with numerous plastic surgeries, if you survive a collision though, right? But at least your clothes, though bloody as hell, won't be wrinkled when you show up in the emergency room.
And if I were to read a story were you were grievously injured in a accident where not much would have happened to you while wearing a seat belt, I know I would just think that as another idiot statistic (Darwin Award).

Oh well, your choice. Since you don't like seat belts, I also hope you don't text or talk on the cell phone while driving as well. After all, your phobias are oh so much more important than your family...right?
WTF do you care if a stranger doesn't wear a seatbelt and what business is it of yours or ANYONE's for that matter.

Quit trying to run other people's lives. WoW... People never cease to amaze me.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
There is one occasion that I feel the authorities are allowed to tell me to wear a seatbelt: When they are responsible for my medical bills.

Honestly, in nations with social healthcare, I see it as completely reasonable to minimize risk for people whose medical care is paid for by taxpayers who paid for the roads.

I think this should also apply to any state that has a trauma fund specifically for the uninsured. You pay your own health insurance? Then go ahead and forget the seatbelt if you like.
edit on 31-3-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Everyone keeps telling me how I MUST wear a seat belt because I'll cost someone some money but nobody has answered any of my questions about where "protecting you from your stupidity" will go and where will you draw the line. I am an adult. My husband is an adult. We are able to make this decision for ourselves. Our children are grown and weaned. They are old enough to make their own decision about whether or not to wear a seat belt. The grandchildren always belt themselves in.
Even though this started out as as a legal matter discussion---I'll call you out one by one on this issue, please give me an answer.

If you are 30 or more pounds overweight, shouldn't you have to submit to government oversight and pay extra taxes because of all the money you are costing the health care system?
BMorris:
Pimpish:
Aliester:
Domo1:
AutumnWitch657:
Nightstalker78:
elethia:
Iamnotadoctor:
bluesilver:
signalfire:
Fat people cost all of us billions of dollars per year in unnecessary health care costs because they can't discipline themselves to eat healthy foods and exercise. Shouldn't they be taxed for all that extra weight they are carrying around? If, after one year of monitoring, they have become any less stupid,(they haven't attained their ideal weight) by your philosophy, shouldn't they be detained in a weight-loss facility so as to avoid all the terrible things that happen to fat people and their fat children?
www.phitamerica.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Where will it go? ... TPTB won't even trust us to breathe for ourselves ... they will have us connected up to a ventilator!

Where will I draw the line? ... I think the answer is ... the road to hell is paved with good intentions ... so if local state and federal government is legislating only in someone elses best interests ... rather than along the lines of justice, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ... then one can act in a revolutionary manner under the auspices of the 2nd amendment.

However this predisposes that one should already be involved deeply in all three levels of politics personally by writing to ones representatives and also having a say in the public venues provided for that and voting in ones best interest etc. One must be involved to have any rights to feeling ripped off when that system fails to provide one a just and free playing field in the pursuit of happiness. Otherwise one is in the wild having abdicated control to others.

As for obese people ... IMO legislating medical benefits for them at the expense of local, state and or federal coffers is not in the publics best interest and therefor the burden of their own medical problems should freely rest with them. Note this does not mean private charity has no place.

Nor is it in the publics interest to interfere with obese peoples liberty to be obese or to interfere with obese peoples pursuit of happiness, by taxing them unfairly [if they are fully burdened with paying for their own medical and health issues EDIT: if insurance is willing to pay then that is no business of the publics.] and therefor curtailing their financial capacity to act in any legal manner as this would possibly create a downturn in the economy and that is bad for everybody.

edit on 31-3-2014 by ZonedOut because: Edited to add the edit.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

I care when others make stupid decisions that affect innocent lives. If the supposed phobia is so great that the OP can't wear a seat belt, I'm thinking that the OP shouldn't be driving. If something as simple as a phobia about seatbelts makes them a nervous wreck (pun intended), then chances are they have more than one phobia.

And please point out in your oh so righteous anger where I am trying to run some one else's life? WTF is right.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

diggindirt
Everyone keeps telling me how I MUST wear a seat belt because I'll cost someone some money but nobody has answered any of my questions about where "protecting you from your stupidity" will go and where will you draw the line. I am an adult. My husband is an adult. We are able to make this decision for ourselves. Our children are grown and weaned. They are old enough to make their own decision about whether or not to wear a seat belt. The grandchildren always belt themselves in.
Even though this started out as as a legal matter discussion---I'll call you out one by one on this issue, please give me an answer.

If you are 30 or more pounds overweight, shouldn't you have to submit to government oversight and pay extra taxes because of all the money you are costing the health care system?
BMorris:
Pimpish:
Aliester:
Domo1:
AutumnWitch657:
Nightstalker78:
elethia:
Iamnotadoctor:
bluesilver:
signalfire:
Fat people cost all of us billions of dollars per year in unnecessary health care costs because they can't discipline themselves to eat healthy foods and exercise. Shouldn't they be taxed for all that extra weight they are carrying around? If, after one year of monitoring, they have become any less stupid,(they haven't attained their ideal weight) by your philosophy, shouldn't they be detained in a weight-loss facility so as to avoid all the terrible things that happen to fat people and their fat children?
www.phitamerica.org...

Ok, well I'm not 30lbs overweight.
Plus my issue is that what you are doing is pretty stupid. For some discomfort (not that I've ever felt uncomfortable wearing a belt) you are risking serious head/body injury. If you have a phobia of seatbelts then maybe the best way to deal with that is therapy. But yes, your choice. But that choice could affect all your loved ones when they either see you being carried in a coffin or in a wheelchair or being fed through a tube. But yeah, it is totally your choice and a great victory for you to allow those possibilities.
edit on 31-3-2014 by bluesilver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluesilver

Plus my issue is that what you are doing is pretty stupid.

My issue is that people worrying their heads about risks strangers take (that only affect the individual in question) is just as stupid.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

butcherguy

My issue is that people worrying their heads about risks strangers take (that only affect the individual in question) is just as stupid.

Oh I see, so we are only allowed to comment on our own lives and not comment at all on anyone elses? On a public forum.

Mind you, aren't public forums based on information, discussion and comment? Isn't that what the OP expected, comments? Well some of them were likely to be for and some against her 'victory'. Maybe we are only allowed to comment when we agree with people then? Hang on though...that sounds a bit like a dictatorship doesn't it?

And for the record, I'm not worrying about the OP, not at all. It's her decision and doesn't effect me in the slightest. I'm just voicing a view that risking your life and well being in this manner is a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

Oh, and it doesn't ONLY affect the individual. It could affect her loved ones too if they see her being buried or being fed through a tube. And when people say, "what happened, could anything have saved her?" And they have to say "yes, if she had been wearing a seatbelt she would have been fine, but she went to court to make sure she didn't have to"
People will say "well it's her own fault then". But that doesn't help those she leaves behind does it.

edit on 31-3-2014 by bluesilver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

bluesilver

butcherguy

Oh I see, so we are only allowed to comment on our own lives and not comment at all on anyone elses? On a public forum.

Mind you, aren't public forums based on information, discussion and comment? Isn't that what the OP expected, comments? Well some of them were likely to be for and some against her 'victory'. Maybe we are only allowed to comment when we agree with people then? Hang on though...that sounds a bit like a dictatorship doesn't it?

And for the record, I'm not worrying about the OP, not at all. It's her decision and doesn't effect me in the slightest. I'm just voicing a view that risking your life and well being in this manner is a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

Nope, you can post about it all you like of course....

I am talking about people that use your sort of thinking to justify a law that abridges a citizen's personal freedom. Sorry that you misunderstood.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

butcherguy

bluesilver

butcherguy

Nope, you can post about it all you like of course....

I am talking about people that use your sort of thinking to justify a law that abridges a citizen's personal freedom. Sorry that you misunderstood.

To justify a law?
Of course, how inconsiderate of me to point out that not wearing a seatbelt greatly increases your chance of serious injury and death..and the aftermath of that for their loved ones...especially when it goes against personal freedoms..

Look, you want personal freedoms and the choice to kill yourself needlessly, fine, have all the personal freedom to do that as you like.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

butcherguy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

# Trouble is it does sometimes effect other individuals .... If the driver has an accident which leaves them needing 24/7 attention for the rest of their lives? Who pays the medical bills? If they have children/dependants who will support them now?

Trouble is.... Why is it everyone else's responsibility to pay for their medical bills?

BTW..... SS would pay the dependents every month if their morn parent/spouse was disabled.... it would pay the moron too.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Look, you want personal freedoms and the choice to kill yourself needlessly, fine, have all the personal freedom to do that as you like.

That is where the problem lies.

I couldn't legally if I would choose to do it. There is a seat belt law here in Pennsylvania.

I don't have that personal freedom, if I choose to drive without a seat belt, I will be breaking the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join