It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant 42 3/26/2014-3/27/2014 Boeing chase plane; what was it chasing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

N549BA departed BWI for GYY on 4/27. It wouldn't surprise me if any of these Boeing corporate jets spent a lot of time at BWI.

N542BA departed JZI for GYY on 4/27.
N548BA departed UGN for MDW on 4/26.
N540BA departed SNA for GYY on 4/27.

So GYY could be a hub for them, perhaps based on some maintenance company. Or they have some facility there.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Thanks Gariac. That makes sense having a maintenance hanger at GYY, it is also only about 30 miles from Boeing corporate H.Q. and maybe easier to fly into than MDW. Yeah those jet pilots can probably fly to BWI and back in their sleep by now.

For everyone else reading this thread, here is the locations of the airports and why Boeing execs might need to go there:

JZI - Executive airport in Charleston, SC. near where they build parts of the 787.
UGN - Also in Charleston, SC.
BWI - Baltimore, MD. Near DC, no doubt to do a little lobbying or give a ride to some "honest" member of the legislature.
SNA - Near Long Beach, CA. they are closing the C17 plant there.
MDW - Chicago Midway Intl. Near Boeing corporate H.Q.
GYY - Near Boeing's Chicago corporate H.Q.

Gariac, what do you think the chase planes are doing out over the OR coast? If they are chasing something I wonder if they are chasing it out of MWH, Grant County Intl.? Boeing runs a lot of testing out of that facility and they have some interesting companies surrounding the airfield.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Boeing flies the entire west coast sometimes during testing. I see the flights on my mode-s receiver. then look for hits on other receivers. The San Francisco noise tracker can go off the coast. It is really powerful but complicated to use. You need java. Also not indicated on the fiy quiet sfo page is that you need a control-D to get the data panel to show up. Otherwise all you have is real time tracking.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The chase plane is back.
BOE38F

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Thanks for the info and directing me to the SFO site. I'll be at the southern WA coast this July, maybe I'll keep my ears open for something flying with a chase.

<< 1   >>

join