It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most important sentence in the Bible - provided you want to live true to yourself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Luke 14 KJV
25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

If you do not embrace your cross - accept and embrace your feeling-denial, and so your Feeling-Healing, then you will not be living true to yourself and so not able to follow Jesus truly.

And when you do come to do your Feeling-Healing, or Soul-Healing with the Divine Love, then you'll understand the sentence in bold, and know it's the most important truth that you'll have to embrace should you want to heal all your wrongness.

Comments?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I disagree. Matthew 7:16-20 are the most important
"I disagree. The most important sentences are Matthew 7:16-20" By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?+ 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit.+ 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit.+ 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.+ 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.+"

If your fruits are fine, then you're works wil be made manifest.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I disagree with both of you...

Here is the finest... And most important part of the bible

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

zuimon
Luke 14 KJV
25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Comments?

I don't often get into this but...

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I think translates to...

If any man come to me, and does not hate his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and hate his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

So, I guess I am good to go, I am not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally ;-) However, the scripture is a contradiction in a sense, you can't be my disciple/follower unless you hate everyone, but preach love and forgiveness, WTF?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What is meant by that is to be ready to not put anyone else before God. He says this elsewhere as well. Also - He wanted people who were sinners. If perfect already there was no work to be done so He wouldn't be needed.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle

zuimon

So, I guess I am good to go, I am not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally ;-) However, the scripture is a contradiction in a sense, you can't be my disciple/follower unless you hate everyone, but preach love and forgiveness, WTF?

Cheers - Dave

Exactly! It means that sure, we are to love and forgive, that coming naturally if we don't feel hate. However if we feel hate then we should not overlook these feelings like so many people do, trying to be all-loving and all-forgiving, when really they are seething with hatred repressed within them.

If you feel hated that is your feeling and so it needs to be fully accepted, and expressed; and if no longer feel it, then you no longer feel it. And if you then feel love and forgiveness then that's what you feel. However to use your mind to override your hatred by trying to be loving and forgiving is not going to do yourself or anyone else any good. It's pretentious and false.

To me Jesus gave us the ideal - the perfect, as he was perfect, so how we too will be perfect when we've healed all our wrongness. But to try and jump over and not address ones wrongness is only going to cause you more pain.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I thought it was Malachi 2:3. You know, when God straight up says he will corrupt an entire lineage for the actions of one man. And let's not forget the feces on the face!

Malachi 2:3
Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

ETA: Seriously though my personal favorite is Mathew 11:28.

Mathew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

edit on 3 28 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Forgot my real reason for posting XD

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

zuimon
Luke 14 KJV

Comments?

I think the word 'hate' is a terrible translation. It is the wrong English word, but I cannot find another single English word that means to put God first, before your parents and children, and even before your own life.

The key to the proper meaning, is not to 'hate' your life as we would understand it in our current English use of the word, but to put even your 'own life' as secondary to God.

This is borne out in the context, which is, if you don't take up your cross/execution stake to follow him, you're not worthy of the Son / his sacrifice, so you cannot be his disciple. And if you put your life first, you will be in a position, where you have saved your [physical] life, only to lose your eternal spiritual existence.

'Love your fellow man, as yourself', also causes difficulty because of how we understand the word 'love' in this context. But no matter how you may feel about yourself, you do invest your efforts, thoughts, assets, etc. in looking after your own best interests, and this is the 'love' I believe the Bible means. To ensure you are looking after the best interests of your fellow-man, irrespective of whatever your personal feelings may be towards that other person.

That's my take anyhow...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The most important sentence in the Bible is whichever sentence speaks to you that day.
Jesus said to love God and neighbor. For me, that's the sentence that is usually most important.

Today the OP posted a sentence about how we have to hate everyone and our own life to be a follower of God. That spoke to me this morning telling me that, no matter how uncomfortable life is (I have chronic illness), I have to accept that God is allowing it for a reason and to be part of God's family, I have to accept it as coming from Him even though I hate it. For me .. this sentence was 'the most important' this morning.

Different sentences are the 'most important' on different days. IMHO

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I disagree with all of you and I don't listen to lies written by man but portrayed as gods word.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

One responder hit it right on the head, above.

The point was, he wanted sinners... Not someone doing right. He needed someone doing wrong.

You're SUPPOSED to love your father, mother, sister, etc...

Remember, you're supposed to honor your parents and Jesus came for sinners, not those already good to go... so to speak.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

I have to disagree. The most important verse in the Bible is: John 3:16.'"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

This simple truth trumps any other verse in the entire Bible.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

TOTALLY agree with Akragon. LOVE - in the deepest sense of the word (and it seems to be unfathomably deep for many) and all of its manifestations - is the essence of Christ's teachings.

I have to say though, that the OP and the other answers so far are quite thought-provoking too.
What's deeply depressing is that this potentially great thread in the "Chit-chat" section.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

FlyersFan
The most important sentence in the Bible is whichever sentence speaks to you that day.
Jesus said to love God and neighbor. For me, that's the sentence that is usually most important.

Today the OP posted a sentence about how we have to hate everyone and our own life to be a follower of God.

I'll agree with the first thing you mentioned as it's correct. Whatever speaks to the life you've lived..

But the second part is not correct. Jesus didn't say you had to hate the world to follow God. He said you had to be a sinner to be his disciple (follower of Jesus that were made teachers - a term used for those specific 12 in that specific time). There is a specific reason for this. It wouldn't make sense for you to honor your mother and father, but hate them in the same breath.

Jesus also said that he came for sinners... not the rightous. If you love God but hate everyone around you, then "Love Thy Neighbor" would be contrary to what he asks of us... Love thy neighbor but not your family?

Jesus was looking for coal to create diamonds, taking them at their worst and teaching them to be the best of teachers...
edit on 28-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

For me it is the love/hate relationship you have due to duality between you and everyone else. People will annoy you with small minded things and sometimes you will go crazy since they cannot see what you can see. But even in that state you still love at least what they will be and the light that can shine in them. The potential of each soul is amazing and I love it even if I can't sometime stand the current state in some beings.
. Even Hitler soul is very nice when it is shining with love and unity.

When you are at your highest shining and when I am at my highest shining then we are as parts of ONE single whole.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

zuimon

bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

zuimon

Exactly! It means that sure, we are to love and forgive, that coming naturally if we don't feel hate. However if we feel hate then we should not overlook these feelings like so many people do, trying to be all-loving and all-forgiving, when really they are seething with hatred repressed within them.

If you feel hated that is your feeling and so it needs to be fully accepted, and expressed; and if no longer feel it, then you no longer feel it. And if you then feel love and forgiveness then that's what you feel. However to use your mind to override your hatred by trying to be loving and forgiving is not going to do yourself or anyone else any good. It's pretentious and false.

To me Jesus gave us the ideal - the perfect, as he was perfect, so how we too will be perfect when we've healed all our wrongness. But to try and jump over and not address ones wrongness is only going to cause you more pain.

Yeah, that's smart, do you (or Jesus) want a bunch of former military guys expressing their hate for government, international bankers, lobbyists and bureaucrats and treating them like the subhuman scum-sucking bags of dirt that they are? That's not going to work out real well for a lot of people and I certainly wouldn't want to think about releasing that kind of rage. No, I think I'll just stay "reserved" for now, fix what I can and accept that I can't change certain things even if I would like to.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/28.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

For me it is the love/hate relationship you have due to duality between you and everyone else. People will annoy you with small minded things and sometimes you will go crazy since they cannot see what you can see. But even in that state you still love at least what they will be and the light that can shine in them. The potential of each soul is amazing and I love it even if I can't sometime stand the current state in some beings.
. Even Hitler soul is very nice when it is shining with love and unity.

When you are at your highest shining and when I am at my highest shining then we are as parts of ONE single whole.

I try not to hate although I am well beyond disgusted with governments and all I do is try to be good to everyone until they make conditions such that I can't be good to them, then I just write them off and walk away. Hate breeds the want for revenge. Why would anyone want people to want to exact revenge when in the Bible it states that it is up to God? And believe me, I understand revenge, I lost 30 million in equity shares between 1997 and 2001 because of government, university and CRA corruption in tax and public funds fraud case in which I was the whistle blower. I think 30 million is enough of a reason for revenge, and hate, wouldn't you? But I didn't do what I would have liked to have done because I am also an engineer and scientist so I understand the probabilities of getting caught, I suppose "reason" took over.

In 1990, when I escaped South Africa with my family, Adrian Brazeau the Admin Consul/Ambassador stated that the only way he would get my family out after much arguing, would be if I was dead in two weeks and the wife and kids just happened to be still alive and then he would come down and get them in Johannesburg and have them flown out. That's our government ;-) That same government under Mulroney burned me for $790,500 in their SRTC program which is the reason I went to South Africa in the first place. When I got back to Canada in 1990, CSIS actually had the nerve to ask me for information that I had on SA moles in the canadian government (I worked for CI) and when I told them they had to pay me $150,000 or I wouldn't talk, these idiots asked me if I felt patriotic. WTF?

So, I get burned for almost $800k, the canadian admin consul/ambassador almost gets my entire family killed and wants me dead, then I get burned by the same government for $30 million in order to protect a university and a government minister from the $150 million tax and public funds fraud scandal that would ensue. I have lots of reasons to hate and I have lots of reasons to act on hate, but I don't, because I also have "reason." If I ever figure out a rational and acceptable way of deconstructing the canadian government, I might act on that, but it will not be out of hate or the want of revenge, it will be to help everyone I know and everyone I don't know throw off this dysfunctional system and its attached ponzi scam.

Sorry for the rant...

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/28.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

The problem is that I don't hate, not very often. It takes an awful lot of energy, and it's an awful feeling to experience.

I do feel anger. I feel that quite commonly, and irritation. But there is a big, big difference between those two and hatred.

Are we classifying anger and hatred together for the purposes of this? And, for what it's worth, I generally don't stay angry for very long either.

top topics

join