It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Texas Spanloader

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And your answer to that person's question was....?

I think it has been implied that the LRS-B will have some form of this, but not sure where I got that. One or two of the linked patents in the recent "companion" thread show what appear to be pods, almost cargo container, in the line drawings. I didn't do much more than glance at these so it may have been something different, it just had me thinking about interchangeable payload. Kind of like a straight truck, with a roll-off mechanism, that can be a flatbed, box, dumpster hauler, salt-spreader, etc.

I think you had mentioned that one company had come up with getting a good, functional, stealthy shaped fuselage then possibly using different length/width/area/sweep wings depending on the application. Guess I'm just stuck in the versatility frame of mind.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgermole42

I told them. ...

Holy crap that was the biggest squirrel I've ever seen!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That's exactly what I thought!

%$*^@(! squirrels!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

There are two platforms I'd love to see come to light. You'd see the AvNerd community melt down if they did.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Really.

Too bad there aren't any patents laying around of those.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Damn squirrels.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Any realistic chance of them ever coming to light?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgermole42

And your answer to that person's question was....?

I think it has been implied that the LRS-B will have some form of this, but not sure where I got that. One or two of the linked patents in the recent "companion" thread show what appear to be pods, almost cargo container, in the line drawings. I didn't do much more than glance at these so it may have been something different, it just had me thinking about interchangeable payload. Kind of like a straight truck, with a roll-off mechanism, that can be a flatbed, box, dumpster hauler, salt-spreader, etc.

I think you had mentioned that one company had come up with getting a good, functional, stealthy shaped fuselage then possibly using different length/width/area/sweep wings depending on the application. Guess I'm just stuck in the versatility frame of mind.

thunderbirds.wikia.com...

Like this?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

At this point, I'd say hell no on one, and there's a remote possibility of the other.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If one will be never in the white light , realy it must be something awesome.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Sometimes, but sometimes it's for much more mundane reasons such as ties to current projects or technologies, exorbitant costs that the USAF would rather keep under wraps, and even the diplomatic ramifications of the missions that it performed that makes the USAF decide that it's not worth the headache of declassification.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby
All my respect for that

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Not to mention the "other" agencies that borrowed/payed for the asset that might not have the same motives for keeping something under wraps or for releasing it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Squirrels

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

On top of the fact that the NRO has more or less established that there's nearly a half-century waiting period before you hear anything concrete about any of their assets.

Corona wasn't acknowledged until the late 90's/early 00's, and we only just learned about the Nixon-era "Fred Flinstone" Gambits and Hexagons.

It'll be a good long while before we even have a chance of hearing about anything that's flown in my lifetime.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It's funny cause as much as I read I feel the same way. Theres pretty good information from 50~ years ago. Without a doubt a lot still classified but there is stuff out there. However since like late 70's there seems to be a very convient black hole of information.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I like your responses. I will state that this thread was originally about the unidentified aircraft that was photographed over Amarillo, TX. It may or may not be aircraft "a". My estimates to date are:

a) Boeing B(EQ)-(3)

b) Boeing RAQ-25

c) Northrop RQ-180

d) Lockheed E(Q)-(160) (model 988-122/123)
edit on 10-9-2015 by TAGBOARD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TAGBOARD

So much for having a subscription to AWST I missed that.

This caught my eye:

One paper—co-authored by a principal in DenMar Inc., the company founded by Stealth pioneer Denys Overholser—refers to the development of a body with an RCS of -70 db per sq. meter, one-thousandth of the -40 db associated with the Lockheed Martin Joint Strike Fighter (JSF). awin.aviationweek.com...

I thought the JSF was more in the -20-30 dBl in terms of RCS (Esp frontal aspect) with the B-2 at -40. regardless a -70 dBl RCS would be pretty amazing.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Hell of a find, if true that must be two highly classified figures.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Fortunately I've been able to get around AvWeek subscriptions for a few years. Although lately they've been able to keep much of their content locked up for subscribers only. Thanks to some bloggers and members on other forums, there will often be re-posts of some key articles.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join