It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Texas Spanloader

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

it cant work that way, for instance as i said my dad is in quality and has to basically chaperon an interceptor system from the factory, till its in the ground in whatever location. Well when he is doing his checks to verify that things meet the requiremnts and has to verify a document he doesnt have, his secure connection allows him to access the information he needs to verify what needs to be verified. Planning ahead is great, but when things come up it is not feasible to push a deadline back waiting for files to be delivered when you spend all that money on an encrypted fully secure VPN tunnel for that very reason.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lostcausez06

It always surprises me that no one has figured that out.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder if you could turn the Hubble into a really powerful sun/magnifying glass combo

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I see what you're saying ...

It seems more of a convenience thing, as I use an internal network and could just copy reports, spreadsheets, presentations, emails and whatever to my laptop and head out.

The convenience factor would be that you could update files on the internal network remotely...you wouldn't have to come back and replace every file you updated while away.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Well, the writers of "Spies Like Us" did.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

they got all sorts of neat tracking software out now.

tracks your login times.
files you access etc.
permissions on how you can access stuff. read/write/modify/save local/save remote/print etc.

vpn coupled with a smart card reader and security certificates on the laptop make for some secure computing.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
anyhew, so do we have any idea when the announcement will be taking place?

and zaph i wrote you a PM

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
hey Zaph, also 1 more thing.

so i remember back a while ago you were talking to people about if the things they saw might have been some of these new birds in the sky. Well about 6 months ago, the night i was moving in my my new house and my dad was helping me pack, i look up in the sky just after dusk and wham, there it is, a dark grey silouheete of what looked like a B2 but with a different AFT section/shape than a standard B2. i literally started freaking out and saying dad i just saw one of the new bombers... (it looked JUST like the NGB concept we see online) he just looked at me, shrugged his shoulders, and ignored my questions for the rest of the night....

any of these new birds flying over northern utah, i live in ogden utah, just north of SLC. This thing was COMPLETELY silent.... and it has stuck in my mind ever since.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Oh sure, Ogden gets all the breaks!

I've seen B-2's over the city a few times at least lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

what you saw was not the new bomber, it was something else, hint: no pilot required.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: no1b4me

rq-180?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well I thought the Navy recently stated it wanted to go all drone in the future?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I got that PM. Thanks.

There are a couple aircraft that match that planform actually.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

Oh sure, Ogden gets all the breaks!

I've seen B-2's over the city a few times at least lol.

well northrup did just open up a brand new shop in the ogden airport where adams aircraft went out of business a couple years ago...... there have actually been some pretty cool military planes there the last month. i dont know if they are doing some R&D stuff or what, but there has been a couple C-17's parked there overnight as well as some Leer jets for im guessing big whigs flying in and parking at the little hanger there quite a bit.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yeah, I got that PM. Thanks.

There are a couple aircraft that match that planform actually.

cool beans. if your ever out this way im 15 minutes from Hill AFB if you need a place to crash. I think your a bit older than i am but hell, my doors open to pretty much anybody
so long as they dont gawk at my smokin hot wife too much.... lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Been that way a lot. Saw the new Falcon Hill building last time we went by. We spent some time in a motel right down the street from the NG facility early this year.

I sent you a way to have some fun back in a U2U.
edit on 4/23/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: no1b4me

what you saw was not the new bomber, it was something else, hint: no pilot required.

oh do tell
i was also thinking RQ-180, but i guess i was just super excited and my mind was on the bomber competition at the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

yeah the new falcon hill is quite nice, thats where my dad works about 1/4 of the time. they have all their big meetings there.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I remember it, from looking at my dad's Tom Clancy book covers as a preschooler in the late-80s (I was a precocious child, what can I say?).

Anyways, I believe the cover of "The Cardinal in the Kremlin" depicted such a ground-based, orbiting mirror-steered system, as that was what the Soviets were believed to have been deploying in the Urals at the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

There's an unmanned, and a manned platform that fit your description. The manned is rather interesting, but is a lot quieter than the bomber or unmanned platforms.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join