It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Texas Spanloader

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

They only need about five feet before the wings are flying anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They only need about five feet before the wings are flying anyway.

This reminds me of crap people make me do. "Go out there, grab the wing tip, and run with it until it gets away from you"

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I've been on the team on both landing and departure. We had pogos though. It's fun being out there.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Makes you wonder whether we'll ever learn of any equally entertaining launch/landing procedures for some of the more, er, *shrouded* craft with similar flight envelopes...

The image of someone running to catch the wingsip of a landing RQ-180 just makes me chuckle...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

There is one I've heard of that they probably have to launch in a similar fashion. It is pretty funny to think about.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Now I'm picturing someone in a 3rd gen convertible, maybe an IROC Z, driving down the groom runway to guide down a 240' wide, $1bn AARS/Quartz prototype.

You know, if it actually flew that is...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The other fun recovery was with the B-52s. We either were out picking up the drag chute, which was ridiculously large and heavy, or were in the Base Ops van taking them down the taxiway.

They couldn't taxi off the runway or out of parking without the van behind them talking to them on the radio. If they go down the centerline of the taxiway, the pogos on their wingtips would destroy every taxi light on either side of the taxiway.
edit on 3/15/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The other fun recovery was with the B-52s. We either were out picking up the drag chute, which was ridiculously large and heavy, or were in the Base Ops van taking them down the taxiway.

They couldn't taxi off the runway or out of parking without the van behind them taking to them on the radio. If they go down the centerline of the taxiway, the pogos on their wingtips would destroy every taxi light on either side of the taxiway.

Where was that?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

Hickam.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I get the sense that something spooky is going on out at Holloman AFB! On Google Earth there is a Huge new horizontal span Hangar on the south part of the base. The building looks new and concrete looks new. The hangar holds a delta wing shape craft for sure. The communities thoughts??

Also since the Nighthawks are gone....what has replaced it, in all those empty hangars? Or are they just empty???

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: themadgenius

The Luftwaffe is moving in actually. They're in the process of moving 24 Typhoons to Holloman on a permanent basis.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

link or pic? I'm feeling lazy, without looking why do you say its a delta for SURE?

I'm sure most of the newer stuff is delta to delta-ish. but last time i checked a triangle fits in a square or other similar shape. why build a delta shaped building for a delta shaped ship?

just saying

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Technically it will be a Delta. The Typhoons are Delta wings.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

link or pic? I'm feeling lazy, without looking why do you say its a delta for SURE?

I'm sure most of the newer stuff is delta to delta-ish. but last time i checked a triangle fits in a square or other similar shape. why build a delta shaped building for a delta shaped ship?

just saying

Check out these coordinates!

Holloman AFB, NM
32.839864, -106.092291

Only one type of plane that hangar is built for!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

i don't see anything out of the norm

eta: when did nellis get that cool solar farm? and whats it for?
edit on 27-3-2015 by penroc3 because: green

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The hangar in question is ~200 feet across and about ~100 feet deep. It is a perfect size hangar for a delta wing shape aircraft or something similar. Unless someone here knows specifically what is in the hangar!?

I was checking Beale and Wright Pat AFB on Google and Bing. I could definitely see Beale housing a spooky aircraft with its history and all and Holloman is even the more interesting with its history. Whereas when I was checking out Wright, nothing seems to be happening there, in terms, of housing black aircraft.

Google and Bing still haven't updated on Kadena AFB yet!~

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nm.
edit on 3/27/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Power to the base.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Also just checked out Terra Server and Terra is showing two of the exact same buildings side by side. That sure is interesting!! Must be a good reason for Microsoft to want to black out its birds eye view of Holloman with all the new construction.

Something is operational at Holloman in some capacity!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Not likely at this hangar! They do have history and current status at the base, yes!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join