It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Texas Spanloader

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Crazy Bassplyr speculation time:

aerodynamic design/planform borrowing lessons learned and ideas from a previous design that has some interesting tricks up it's sleeve that Lockheed has built. But we wont be hearing about it any time soon. LM low observables, but composits by Boeing. Boeing low observables too. Boeing fluidic thrust vectoring. Manufacturing and other mechanical systems largely by Boeing.

Range: Greater than the B-2

Speed: More than marginally better than the B-2. Almost B-1 range. Don't believe it will be a flying wing. But a blended wing and fuselage instead.

Altitude: Dynamic. High and low. Flys in the day or night. Rain or shine.

Weapons payload: Please be better than the B-2. Don't see why it wouldn't.

Lasers for self defense. Not the pew pew kind. microwave sponge for skin. ... Other optical tricks.

fuzzy dice in the cockpit.

Sharper image massage chairs too.

soda dispenser and snack machine in rear of cockpit.

Astromech droid socket.

free wifi and HBO beamed into pilots helmet HUD for in flight entertainment on those long nights penetrating Russia and China sans lube or dinner or even flowers.

nifty communication package that gets better reception than my iphone.

Neon lights for undercarriage.

Equipped with D.U.D.E AI system.

Should be pretty sweet.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
gonna have neons on the undercarriage??? holy s***snacks! im a little wary about that soda dispenser, you'd think the military or cia or whoever the hell owns it would be a little more healthy with their choices!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

Lol. It's owned by the US tax payer so sugar packed drinks and snacks would be par for the course, maybe a direct corn syrup I.V. injection option available in the future.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Your post gave me a laugh. Had to star

But seriously though, Neons?!? rofl thats about as riced out as it gets

Seriously though, for real, I'd be able to see this craft hitting 1.5 on burst without much issue, supercruise shouldn't be a problem if ADVENT engines are properly implemented. IF supercruise is a possibility, the effective range of service I could venture (depending on fuel capacity and miles per gallon
) could hit in the 6-7k mile range, possibly more? One more knowledgeable than I *cough*Zaph!*cough* may be able to shed more light on the subject
a reply to: Sammamishman

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Once we get some good enough pics of the planform, we'll know what kind of speeds it might be able to hit. Big oblique flying wing? Maybe not. Sleeker blended wing body? Possibly.

If we're lucky maybe this summer, if not then when Zaph get the roll out pics.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You forgot a killer stereo system with boom-boom bass. Gotta have those 15" subs and a few thousands watts. Long trips in that sucker would get pretty boring without some rocking tunes. I'm thinking XM radio?

Who knows, they could have such a killer sound system the bass vibrations could double up as a weapon in and of itself. Rattle structures apart!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

they got that boom boom POW

Sammamishman - do we even have any sort of planform design images as of yet? wind tunnel tests? anything?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Lockheed/Boeing design:

NG design:

edit on 3/11/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Careful MIB doesn't come knocking on your door.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Good point. Don't want to be wearing orange before all the fun.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

HAHA well arent you just a meanie! pushing our buttons like that >...<

ETA: I guess I missed it if you had posted pictures and removed them before I was able to catch it
edit on 11-3-2015 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

But I thought orange is the new black?

Oh well, sometimes being fashion forward just isn't worth it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well there were a couple of problems with the Killer Stereo idea.

Problem one: The govt. tried looking for sweet stereo rigs to install but found out that one lone man in a state north of California has them all installed in his car. Every place they've tried is out of stock, so the military has shelved that idea for now. I believe they may be in talks to purchase this rolling bass trap and converting it into a CAS weapon utilizing the fabled "Brown Note". A B-1's literally going to drop it out of it's bomb bay on ISIS members with the stereo going full blast.

Although I have personally been weaponizing bass for a longtime (just ask my neighbors) we've sadly discovered that certain demographics would not be effected negatively at all but actually congregate to the low thrumming sounds. I am working on weaponizing Tri Tones now. C1 + F#1 is having good effects. Last test a passerby started staggering in circles holding his ears. Dogs all over the neighborhood are whining too, so that's a good sign we're on the right track. All though the pit bull down the street looks like he majorly wants to kick my ass. He's on to me I think.

They did try XM radio in the cockpits. Unfortunately they ran into an issue with the D.U.D.E AI system hacking the satellites and making their own personal playlists. One AI played the same song over and over again until the pilot was forced to eject to save his sanity. Another AI insists on jinking left and right to the beat of "You Dropped The Bomb On Me" when on attack runs.

As for the neon lights on the undercarriage. Only one thing I can say about that. Sentient Plasma Space Monster Psyop. Think about it.

Final issue is that this bomber is much like a Kenny Loggins record cause nobodies ever gunna hear it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Lockheed/Boeing design:

NG design:

I hate you...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: drwire

I try.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
OK, just because I like you guys I'll repost the pics.

Here's the Lockheed/Boeing entry:

Here's the NG entry:

edit on 3/11/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
OK, just because I like you guys I'll repost the pics.

Here's the Lockheed/Boeing entry:

Here's the NG entry:

LM/BOEING:
- bigger
- less stealth.
- could carry more weight.
- bigger operation radius.
- fastest than NG article.
- arrow wings implies less maneuverable and low altitude.
- less engines less reliable than NG.

NG:
- Little
- More stealth.
- could carry less weight.
- smaller radius of operation.
- slowest than LM/BOEING
- straight wings implies more maneuverable and highest altitude.
- more engines implies more reliable than LM/BOEING.

Tell me im correct ...please!!!!...

-

edit on 11-3-2015 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yep, exactly right!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics