It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Texas Spanloader

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

It is funny how stuff that seems to work well just gets 'canceled'. I was thinking along the lines of a highly maneuverable MIRV that shoots disk out the side to avoid ABM systems. the disks might be the decoys or the warheads. I bet you could squeeze allot more disk shaped warheads in to a ICBM, screw SALT ... right?

a reply to: BASSPLYR

Come on man( I assume your a man) don't be a rooster tease.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Bassplyr is a dude. He likes beer. weber grills, shootn' guns, six string bass. Funk music. Martial arts, ocean swimming and long walks on the beach. With a combination of traits that amazing it's hard to believe I'm still single. That's right ladies of ATS there is a fire sale going on for Bassplyr's heart. First one to IM me gets to be my make believe online girlfriend. ...... ...... Crickets. IM box is empty for days. I keep checking back every two minutes anyways.

I'm no tease. Wait until Zaph goes to see the unveiling of the LRS-B and teases us with the pics for a few days. Then you'll know the definition of tease. If I were him, just to freak us out, I'd take one good photo he'll probable get and like an advent calendar only reveal one little piece of the photo a day. Like day 1. wheel strut. day 2. wheel strut and wheel bay door. day 3. landing strut, bay door + half of one cockpit window. etc....

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Hey! Thanks for a great idea!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Naw the green lady is a stand alone complex. She takes off on her own. Breaths on her own. Flies on her own. lands on her own. She's eeeeeeh .... somewhere around 171 feet long I would say, a beast. Wicked looking too. Not something you will go "Damn I'm disappointed" if she ever makes it to the light of day for folks like us to see. Every kid and enthusiast is gunna want a poster of her or a die cast model to play with from what I hear.

Gotta give her more credit. She's a bad mamma jamma. Fast, sleek, ..... other things.

Space Shuttle = 184,2 ft

¿She is an aircraft or a spaceship?.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Anytime!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: drwire

Uhhh. I meant slightly longer than 107 feet. typing fast while at work. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Strictly air breather. She's not that big. Bigger than a -71, smaller than that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Dr,

yeah what zaph just said. Little longer than 107 feet.

really ladies. no IM's yet? It's cool I'll wait another 2 minutes to check again.

edit on 24-2-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

ok, is length is almost the same than the SR-71.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Strictly air breather. She's not that big. Bigger than a -71, smaller than that.

she could use a type of SABRE engine to make hydrogen from the atmosphere and store it for later use it to get out of the atmosphere?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No. She's a conventional aircraft. Very high flight but air breathing all the way.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

OK, so it's the kingfish...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

no

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I need to get a job where part of the uniform is a wizard hat I think.

I hate to bring bob lazar in to this topic but I remember him saying he saw a LARGE aircraft with HUGE boxy ceramic coated jet out puts and it was very very fast.

I wonder if he saw that in real life and some other interesting things and just made the rest up, but maybe he really saw something like what were all talking about here.

when you say air breather, do you mean when its not skipping in and out of the atmosphere? I would assume something that fast would need to take quick trips out side the soup we call a atmosphere.

so it goes up like a normal jet, goes on a low orbital trajectory and when it gets to the point where normal fuel wont work/burn they switch to a boran type fuel that scoots it along the edge and comes back down to air break or do its job then goes back higher for its fast run back home.

just my guess

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

I need to get a job where part of the uniform is a wizard hat I think.

I hate to bring bob lazar in to this topic but I remember him saying he saw a LARGE aircraft with HUGE boxy ceramic coated jet out puts and it was very very fast.

I wonder if he saw that in real life and some other interesting things and just made the rest up, but maybe he really saw something like what were all talking about here.

when you say air breather, do you mean when its not skipping in and out of the atmosphere? I would assume something that fast would need to take quick trips out side the soup we call a atmosphere.

so it goes up like a normal jet, goes on a low orbital trajectory and when it gets to the point where normal fuel wont work/burn they switch to a boran type fuel that scoots it along the edge and comes back down to air break or do its job then goes back higher for its fast run back home.

just my guess

Intelgurl has a thread about Project Blackswift, a Mach-6 aircraft which skipped in and out of the Atmosphere. There was a Regan Era commercial jet and then an unmanned version started later. Check out the thread in the sticky if you havnt.

And Zaph has hinted previously about Blackswift and there are real similarities around timeframes of retiring the SR-71 and this thing.

I am interested, do we know if it is manned/unmanned?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

The green lady and the thing that skips in and out of the atmosphere are two different craft. The craft they show (the first few pictures) in that thread is not the Green Lady in my opinion. Just my opinion though. I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

you seem to be quite knowable in various air craft topics. are you current or retired AF? it would be interesting to see how many current or retired are on this part of ATS.

when you said it's around 100 something feet I hope you not harming OpSec or anything

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Not AF. Just a big fan. Big fan. Much more so since mid may 2014.

That being said. You would be surprised about how many people you probably talk to here on ATS ARE active, Insiders, really high insiders, On the payroll, Or just extremely knowledgeable. ATS has some seriously high quality members in their aviation forum. ATS's aviation forum is probably the highest quality product ATS has. And the saddest part is most members of ATS that don't venture into these forums, they just don't know. it's like the come here to find insight and don't realize it's like christmas in the aviation forums if truth is what they're looking for. Seriously.

As for me I described myself pretty accurately on my above prior post and I am still surprised that no ladies of ATS have flooded my IM box.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

lol internet dating is for the birds. I don't know any one who has used it for any thing other then hooking up.

It is sad that so many people stick to the UFO side of ATS and do all this research but never come over here to see what we have to say. I think allot of people would find out that they were seeing something very earthly.

I wonder if the US is still buying all it titanium from Russia.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Id say we are nearly exclusively manufacturing something way cooler than titanium these days. See what I saw and your confidence level in the USAF would go through the roof.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join