It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Texas Spanloader

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SlightlyAbovePar

If you are not covered by an NDA, and receive information that IS covered by an NDA, you do not go to jail. Otherwise prisons would be massively overcrowded with journalists, and bloggers that found out information.

The U.S. government has never successfully prosecuted anyone other than a government employee for disseminating unlawfully leaked classified information, Stone said in his testimony. Thus, the Supreme Court has never ruled on the constitutionality of such a prosecution.

www.rcfp.org...

It's not even clear if you CAN be prosecuted, if you're an average citizen that receives information, the way the Espionage Act is worded.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Like I said, call the FBI and tell them what you know. Tell them how you got the info generally, but you don't want to disclose your sources.

Shoot man, you have highlighted yourself in ways you might not have considered. In all honesty, if your telling the truth and I'm completely wrong, forget our guys. You should be worried about *thier* guys. You've opened yourself to blackmail, for example. I know, I know, we all live lives pure as the wind driven snow. Couldn't happen.

Except, that's why security clearances for us so heavily on moral turpitude. If you're prone to engage in affairs, for example, you can be easily blackmailed. If you can't manage money and are in constant financial stress, you open yourself to bribes. These two examples have actually happened.

Espionage is very real and really occurs. Shoot, during the Cold War Russian spies worked bars that GIs frequented hoping some drunk GI would spout off about troop movements, as on example.

Think the NSA can't get into your computer? How about the Chinese? The Russians? You've had to have communicated in some other fashion than snail mail at some time. We know the NSA has copies of every phone call, every e-mail, every text you've ever sent. That means, if true, they have hard copies of everything your claiming. And you're on a Internet forum disclosing you're in possession of highly sought after information.

edit on 21-4-2014 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Why doesn't Zaphod call his local FBI office and seek clarification? Tell them what you know. See what they have to say. You seem very confident in your position. Give them a call.

And what makes you think the FBI has any more valid info, and wouldn't that be the DOD that should be called?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Why doesn't Zaphod call his local FBI office and seek clarification? Tell them what you know. See what they have to say. You seem very confident in your position. Give them a call.

And what makes you think the FBI has any more valid info, and wouldn't that be the DOD that should be called?

I was thinking the same thing. The FBI wouldn't know anything, heck -- most of the Airforce or other branches wouldn't either. There is a reason it's called a "Black" project. Highly compartmentalized.

The FBI would think Zaph is some nutjob, nothing more or less. There are a lot of mentally ill people that run around claiming to know state secrets -- I've ran into a few on the public transit system and standing on street corners.

This guy is just fear mongering and trying to discredit Zaph. Let's get back on topic everyone! Let's brainstorm and use our imaginations on what this could be!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
Good point.

I guess I was thinking legality, hence the FBI. I would assume the DOD would refer him to the FBI as he's a civilian. If he's active or in the reserves/guard - ouch.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ok, that's your prerogative to believe that about me.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I was thinking the same thing. The FBI wouldn't know anything, heck -- most of the Airforce or other branches wouldn't either. There is a reason it's called a "Black" project. Highly compartmentalized.

The FBI would think Zaph is some nutjob, nothing more or less. There are a lot of mentally ill people that run around claiming to know state secrets -- I've ran into a few on the public transit system and standing on street corners.

This guy is just fear mongering and trying to discredit Zaph. Let's get back on topic everyone! Let's brainstorm and use our imaginations on what this could be!

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I still believe it is a modification of this....

And I think I see 2 very close together contrails.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi,

I just wanted to throw a little unsolicited feedback into this thread. Having grown up in West Texas I've seen my share of weird and wonderful things in the skies as far back as I can remember. This A/C does not surprise me in the least and it will be fascinating to see how it plays out.

As far as Zaphod goes, I've been reading his posts and interacting with him for almost 8 years now and I've never known him to mislead or misinform anyone. I think the very user-regulated format at ATS weeds out the posers very effectively and quickly.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: emsed1

Thank you and I believe you are right. I have no doubt he is very knowledgeable about aviation. I also believe he's a good guy (?). That he's in possession of secret-squirrel, black project design parameters and capabilities? No, for the reasons I listed.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I think I would be surprised if it didn't have just 2 engines, possible using a common engine exhaust nozzle, creating the two close together contrails. If it is a bomber I don't see them flying with just one engine and any more than two seams in-efficient and un-necessary given current engine capabilities.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's fine if you don't believe it, there's a few things on here that Zaph has said that I've been able to verify from other sources and it's been spot on but not everyone can do that so it seems it's reached a stalemate.

So you've said what you needed/thought was right to say, so now how about we go back on topic and agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
PSA

Let's keep the discussion about the topic and Not each other, Please.

--- West Texas Spanloader
---

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
From another online source, perhaps the Wichita sighting is of a variant of the Boeing Seattle concept, dating back to 1994 (CAGE Code 81208 - reference pages 114 to 129):

Boeing USAF Air Interdiction Model ASC 988-122/223

Configuration Description

The vehicle type is stipulated as a low observable configuration for both the medium and high agility performance conditions, Sizing iterations resulted in a decision to represent both vehicle types in one configuration arrangement with the only principal differences being engine thrust level and mission fuel required.

This vehicle, Model 988-122/-123, is a single-place, subsonic all flying wing design powered by twin low bypass engines of 13,865 pounds dry thrust each. Externally, the vehicle, shown in general arrangement drawing ASC988-122-1, is characterized by the moderately swept leading edge at 48.75 degrees, lower surface inlet apertures, full span trailing edge elevons, and upper surface thrust vectoring exhaust nozzles. The wing leading edge incorporates large powered slats that are used to achieve critical maneuver conditions.

Control effectors include the yaw thrust vectoring exhaust nozzles with +45 degrees of deflection, upper and low Yaw Vane pairs integrated with the nozzle and lower surface, and four elevons per semi-span. Elevons are single panel at the most outboard and inboard position, with the two mid-span panels being split on the wing reference plane.

The interior layout, shown on inboard profile drawing ASC 988-122-2, provides sufficient room for all functional systems and features required. Principal features are the deep (approximately 15% t/c) center section for weapons bay, fuel tankage, crew station and equipment installations, include 30mm gun system installation. Basic thickness ratio decreases to approximately 8.5% at the main landing gear and then to 5% in the outboard panel.

The propulsion installation occupies a bay full chord length for each engine. The inlet is pitot type with a slightly offset diffuser duct.

Exhaust system features for the non-augmented engine consist of the fully offset duct turning through a circular bearing/rotation plane to direct exhaust gas through the rotating nozzle exit plane. The exhaust nozzle is a fixed throat SERN type that utilizes the inboard upper surface as an expansion surface.

Fuel tankage in the outer wing panel is integral. Center section fuel tankage above the weapons bay has main tank volume allocated as bladder protected "get-home" fuel.

edit on 22-4-2014 by TAGBOARD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TAGBOARD
From another online source, perhaps the Wichita sighting is of a variant of the Boeing Seattle concept, dating back to 1994 (CAGE Code 81208 - reference pages 114 to 129):

Boeing USAF Air Interdiction Model ASC 988-122/223

Configuration Description

The vehicle type is stipulated as a low observable configuration for both the medium and high agility performance conditions, Sizing iterations resulted in a decision to represent both vehicle types in one configuration arrangement with the only principal differences being engine thrust level and mission fuel required.

This vehicle, Model 988-122/-123, is a single-place, subsonic all flying wing design powered by twin low bypass engines of 13,865 pounds dry thrust each. Externally, the vehicle, shown in general arrangement drawing ASC988-122-1, is characterized by the moderately swept leading edge at 48.75 degrees, lower surface inlet apertures, full span trailing edge elevons, and upper surface thrust vectoring exhaust nozzles. The wing leading edge incorporates large powered slats that are used to achieve critical maneuver conditions.

Control effectors include the yaw thrust vectoring exhaust nozzles with +45 degrees of deflection, upper and low Yaw Vane pairs integrated with the nozzle and lower surface, and four elevons per semi-span. Elevons are single panel at the most outboard and inboard position, with the two mid-span panels being split on the wing reference plane.

The interior layout, shown on inboard profile drawing ASC 988-122-2, provides sufficient room for all functional systems and features required. Principal features are the deep (approximately 15% t/c) center section for weapons bay, fuel tankage, crew station and equipment installations, include 30mm gun system installation. Basic thickness ratio decreases to approximately 8.5% at the main landing gear and then to 5% in the outboard panel.

The propulsion installation occupies a bay full chord length for each engine. The inlet is pitot type with a slightly offset diffuser duct.

Exhaust system features for the non-augmented engine consist of the fully offset duct turning through a circular bearing/rotation plane to direct exhaust gas through the rotating nozzle exit plane. The exhaust nozzle is a fixed throat SERN type that utilizes the inboard upper surface as an expansion surface.

Fuel tankage in the outer wing panel is integral. Center section fuel tankage above the weapons bay has main tank volume allocated as bladder protected "get-home" fuel.

It does just a little bit!

The good 'ol Boeing 988-122/123...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TAGBOARD

Interesting, at the end of the paper, the proposed changing of the YF23 tail section to test some of the articles concepts.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Now if they just turned the wind tunnel engines around and mounted them to the a/c THAT would be interesting!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join