It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Treatment to Kill Every Kind of Cancer Tumor

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
While semi off-topic, the CD95 method I posted at the top of page 5 had its first success in mice 4+ years ago.

"We didn't believe these findings at first, but after more than four years of detailed experiments, we have convinced ourselves and others that what we have shown reflects reality,"

-- 4 years

If the cure was reserved for the rich, surely Steve Jobs could have obtained it. Unless of course he was too famous to receive special treatment. Or while highly unlikely, it was conditional that he fake his own death. No disrespect, just saying. IMO 4 years for proof of concept to public disclosure is to long for something of this magnitude. (Assuming it wasn't really first discovered eons ago)

While I don't have the slightest clue to the inter-workings of the industry. IMO, it should have went from proof of concept to peer review on day one, 4 years ago. With work perfecting a human delivery method on day 2. I understand they had to let the mice complete a normal life cycle. However, people out of options really have little to lose. By my count human trials could have started almost immediately. Note, according to the last paragraph of the CD95 sciencedaily article. A compatible nano-platform delivery method has already been established.

Again, not my intent to side track the original CD47 topic. Just that I don't see a thread for CD95 and the topics seem very much related.
edit on 29-3-2014 by DZER01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
wonder what its potential with HIV would be?

Same thing with Staph.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

None.
This is neither anti-viral nor anti-bacterial.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

SaturnFX

greencmp

SaturnFX
On the same phage as phage.

Tossing someone into an active volcano will get rid of all the cancer cells also.
I am simply cynical about miracle cancer cures..so, will see. But yeah, telling the immune system to stop eating may stop cancer from replicating..and everything else..

according to my ignorant mind anyhow.
edit on 27-3-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Other way around, the cancer broadcasts the "do not eat" message which is ignored by the immune system.

Well, either way, whatever you do to the cancer, you may end up doing to the whole system. that's, to my understanding, been the general issue with cancer.
I don't know..just am cautiously optimistic...well, that's even a stretch. when you hear 30 years of bs, flawed experimenting, and let downs, one tends to become cynical...not to mention my conspiracy mind is wondering that if this is perfect, would it be made available..and if so, what extreme cost would be tacked on, etc..

Hey, I know where you are coming from. I will believe it when I see it in terms of FDA approval but, if it works it works and the nature of all intellectual development is inspiration through conjecture and demonstration by experiment.
edit on 29-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
stemcell.stanford.edu...
edit on 29-3-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This sounds great! But do you not think a cure would be suppressed from the public? Cancer causes many deaths globally each year. If no one was dieing of cancer, would there not be overpopulation issues in certain countries? I'm sure pharmaceutical companies can make a lot more profit treating cancer than curing it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Considering the article you link to is dated 26 March 2012 and no big announcement have been made in the 2 years since it was written I'm not holding my breath that any major, no make that big, advances have been made.

However having said that I certainly hope further research leads to something sooner than later, if anything all all...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I agree we wont here any more about this i bet.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ran across this opinion, and while it's not exactly news to any of us, it's interesting nonetheless and is probably referring to the topic of this thread.

How Big Pharma is slowing cancer research

Researchers in academia, biotech and pharmaceutical companies are making remarkable discoveries to help identify new drugs and drug targets for cancer patients. Many new compounds are under investigation — including those that inhibit the growth of cancer cells, block the blood supply to tumors and prevent tumors from evading the immune system.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

If they can make as much money out of this treatment as they do the present = $350,000 per patient on average, then it will get the go ahead.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Forgive me if I don't really believe this, I guess that such a great discovery of science would be all over all the news across the world if it were true.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my mom to leukemia even after a stem cell transplant. The transplant was successful, she was indeed cancer free when she died. Unfortunately she developed Graft vs. Host disease, a very common complication following a stem cell, bone marrow or organ transplant and died nine months later.meaning,

I will say this given to do all over again, we would have proceeded the same way. Never, say never.....

I pray that soon this comes to light and cancer is eradicated once and for all.

Pax

edit on 4/1/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

As someone else said in here, it's hard to find someone who hasn't been impacted by cancer. I lost my mom to lung cancer in February last year, and the love of my life has stage four metastatic breast cancer.

This might not be a "Magic Bullet", but those family, caregivers and the victims themselves will be happy enough even if it's just a better arrow in the anti-cancer quiver; as is, there are just so many avenues of attack and weapons that are available for those in stage four. Treatments work until they don't then you move on to another treatment option, dreading the day there aren't any more to try.

It sounds as if this might be able to turn off the "cloaking device" cancers use to escape our immune system's wrath. That would be a game changer indeed.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The late and respected Hulda Clark discovered the Cure-all for cancer and all Diseases please look her up.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join