It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Treatment to Kill Every Kind of Cancer Tumor

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Sacri

From memory the polio cure was released for free too

There is no cure for polio.

Perhaps Vaccine, is the word I should have used ? Still waking up here in Australia

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Oaktree
I surprise myself with my pessimism lately.
If this turns out to be true, I would wager this never sees the light of day.

All the research will be purchased, patented, then deep-sixed until the "cure" can be turned into something that people become dependent on for life, rather than actually curing a disease.

No money in a cure.

Someone will be using it. Congress, politicians, rich.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

wrkn4livn

Oaktree
I surprise myself with my pessimism lately.
If this turns out to be true, I would wager this never sees the light of day.

All the research will be purchased, patented, then deep-sixed until the "cure" can be turned into something that people become dependent on for life, rather than actually curing a disease.

No money in a cure.

Someone will be using it. Congress, politicians, rich.

I've always found it strange that there are many rich elderly people in the world, yet I almost never hear about their deaths as a result of cancer. I don't know if its because they just report it as "natural causes" or what. It just seems strange that nearly all of my elderly family has passed due to some form of cancer, yet the rich seem unaffected. Whether its because we just don't know it because its reported as "natural causes" or because they don't get the disease (or have a cure we poor folk don't know about) is up for debate. I do not have the answers.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

I can assure you that this isn't true. We've owned a family PC office since my grandfather, and we have seen rich and poor die from cancer.

I do believe that the wealthier have access to healthier foods, are more likely to do their annual check ups, and are consistently more active which helps improve their overall health.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I work in this industry. I'm hopeful, but it is a long process to get the drug to work. I've seen a lot of mice get cured in my time.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

End result, eternal life Phage?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Cynic
reply to post by Phage

No.
Cancer is not the only cause of death.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
wonder what its potential with HIV would be?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

This is just wonderful!

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Is this miracle cure anything to do with the THC compounds scientists (drug companies) are trying to isolate and patent?

It's long been stated THC itself is a natural cure for many forms of cancer and there's enough literature available online for those who want to search.

Regardless of what's in play, amazing news for future sufferers if not for those currently going through the most horrid ordeal.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Scientists Find Treatment to Kill Every Kind of Cancer Tumor

You may want to rename your thread title.

Perhaps

Scientists release information regarding the treatment of cancer that they have kept hidden in order to profit from those suffering.

Also add somewhere that they are still holding the truth back and they feel that drip feeding will allow them to still profit from the misfortune of others.

It's Time.
Too late. It's already known.

Tic toc tic toc where will he stop.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

iamhobo

So far, researchers have used the antibody in mice with human breast, ovary, colon, bladder, brain, liver and prostate tumors transplanted into them. In each of the cases the antibody forced the mice's immune system to kill the cancer cells.

So... It doesn't kill Belieber Cancer?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by iamhobo

The good side (really good side) of this is that it uses a very different process than chemotherapy. Chemo doesn't so much destroy cancer cells as keeping them from reproducing. This stuff allows the body's own defense system to actually attack the abnormal cells.

It's also impressive that it seems to work on a variety of cancers.

The question is phage at what stage of cancer will this treatment be least effective AND is there an age limit on the person who has cancer? For example, a person having cancer at age 80 doesn't have the strongest immune system to allow the body to fight the abnormal cells.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

kathat
Ok so they can cure it, what it cancer being replaced with to keep us perpeptually ill?

Don't worry, cancer will evolve new pathways to evade CD47---the "eat me" antigens will be quickly evolved out---and there will be autoimmune effects from the drug.

If this works, it would be quite useful---most importantly if it can get the immune system to kill the cancer stem cells which are the key to a long-term cure. (most of a tumor is useless junk---but killing it does nothing as it grows back---the tiny # of hidden cancerous stem cells are the reactor in the center of the death star. Where's the thermal exhaust port?)

Unfortunately, history has shown that cancer is much easier to cure in mice than in people.

Many of the experimental systems in mice involve foreign injected cancers---these are much more biologically different from the normal host cells so it's easier to get rid of them with external agents, and being foreign they don't have the same native survival skills. And it's not always known if they have cancer stem cells like real cancer.

Real disease cancers arise spontaneously from the host and therefore are much more similar to normal tissue making suitable discernment much more difficult. Furthermore, human immune system is much better than a mouse's. So lots of cancer which would get mice is already suppressed by humans without any symptoms. The ones that get through, though, are hence much tougher Spartan Veterans of fighting the human immune system, and probably have lots of redundant pathways and resilience.

That's why cancer is hard to cure. There's a conspiracy theory that there is some magic bullet that somehow has been suppressed by Evil Pharma or some such. I wish it were true since then somebody with some huevos could actually get it to work. But it isn't.
edit on 29-3-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Coming-soon
Is this miracle cure anything to do with the THC compounds scientists (drug companies) are trying to isolate and patent?

No.

It's long been stated THC itself is a natural cure for many forms of cancer and there's enough literature available online for those who want to search.

Don't believe everything Big Hemp and unscientific stoners say.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Phage

Cynic
reply to post by Phage

No.
Cancer is not the only cause of death.

Agreed but if they monkey with the cellular structure, then this could affect the telamarase(sp) and as such, extend life indefinitely (barring someone cutting your head off (lol) I refer you to the current TV Series Helix.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Agreed but if they monkey with the cellular structure

They aren't. The treatment uses antibodies which remove the substance which prevents the immune system from attacking cancer cells. It lets the immune system work against cancer cells.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Blue Shift

My experience is that they can "cure" you of cancer once, but if it comes back, you're pretty much done for.

Not my experience. I was first treated with radiotherapy. After 5 years it came back. Chemo cured it (no need for the quotation marks).

My experience is yet to come but I am encouraged by Phage the cancer survivor!

I am facing chemo for my chronic lymphocytic leukemia(CLL) in May, 2014. My white blood cell count is 333,000 (1/3 of my blood) and the red blood cells and hemoglobin have started to drop below where they should be causing me to have very little energy. The prescribed treatment for my condition is FCR F = Fludarabine C = Cyclophosphamide R = Rituximab and is very effective for those of us with unmutated genes. For the chronic condition of leukemia the prescribed method is the watch and wait (which I have been doing for around 6-7 years now) because treating prematurely may cause a secondary cancer and sometimes it can be an acute one!

There are various drug trials I could participate in however the travel costs and the unproven drugs make them prohibitive so I will stick to the tried and true methods. I have read many reports with mostly positive results!

Curtis

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Cynic

Agreed but if they monkey with the cellular structure

They aren't. The treatment uses antibodies which remove the substance which prevents the immune system from attacking cancer cells. It lets the immune system work against cancer cells.

Well, it blocks CD47 which turns off the immune system from eating a cell, some of which are hoped to be cancer cells in higher abundance than necessary body cells.

The nice, and unexpected part of this biology which makes it so attractive was that after the macrophage eats the cancer cell, it starts re-expressing some of the cancer cell antigens on itself in order to promote the learned immune system (T-cells) into making substances to specifically attack the cancer cells on many fronts. This would potentially make the attack less able to be thwarted by simple mutation of the cancer cells.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Fascinating and out of any cure/treatment suggested, using the highly refined actions of the auto immune system seems to intuitively be the right way to approach it.

I heard that one of the longest established charities in the UK - Cancer Research /Imperial Cancer Research has received over 30 Billion GBP since its inception ( unable to substantiate but according to wiki; the 2 charities that now make it up had annual incomes of around 225 million GBP in 2002 and it has been around since 1903!).

If they have received 30 Billion since 1903 they are clearly doing it wrong.
edit on 29-3-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join