It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self experimentation... is it wierd?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Alright heres the question...

Is it wierd to conduct monor experiments on yourself out of curiosity? I'm not talking like bionic arms and wierd chemicals and amputations and #, I'm just talking about being curious what will happen if you do certain things or eat cetrain somethings for exteneded periods of time...

For example about two years ago I read in a book that drinking and eating Milk and Cheese before you go to bed will help you to remember the dreams you have... For a week i ate cheese and drank milk every night before going to sleep, i found i remembered the dreams clearly from 3 5 of the 7 nights... the next week i stopped the milk and cheese and i only remembered 1 dreamfor the week... i did this for a month and i found the results quite consistent... of the 15 days i ate cheese and drank milk 12 days i could remember the dreams, of the 15 i didnt do it i only rmember 4 dreams...

About a year ago i tried quitting smoking and i noticed one night when i put the nicotine patch before i went to bed (as opposed to first thing in the morning) my dreams were much more vivid and i could remember 5 of them in the same night... this led to another dream based experiment which once again proved my theory... a nicotine patch just before you go to bed, coupled with not smoking increases your chances of remembering your dreams...

I justify these experiments by telling my friends its because I'm a Gemini and i am eternally curious and i need to satisfy my curiousity... If i wonder what effect certain behaviours will have, i will 80% of the time find out using myself a guniea pig... thus far this has not had any adverse affects, just quirky results...

My latest experiment however may be different (or so my friends say)...

Now I'm a guy with a high Libido and sex drive... The other day i was walking through Sydney and i saw and AD in front of a chemists for a treatment called 'Horny Goat Weed'. I dont know if anyone has heard of this, but its a drug designed to increase the users Libido and Stamina in bed... I thought to myself... 'I wonder what happens if you give this drug to someone with an already high libido... you can guess what i did... i bought a box of the stuff (one months worth) and have been taking it since (its been a week)... In reality i think its just a vitamin suppliment that also helps with circulation, but all my friends seem to think I'll end up humping the couch or something...

And they all think this self experimentation thing will kill me one day... i think otherwise... i dont really take huge risks (ts not like I'm taking prescription drugs or anything and its all just to satisfy my curiousity... and I'm sure its morally better than using someone else as my guniea pig...

So what are your thoughts? Is it wrong? Or is it just aquirky little thing that helps me understand things a little better...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Lol, horny goat weed is not an aphrodisiac mate. Its bunk. Your experiments cant hurt unless you get silly with it. cheers

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well thats what i'm starting to figure... its been a week and i'm not feeling and hornier than i did last week... so either the # is bunk, or there is a limit to how horny a guy can possibly get...

But i'll keep on the trial untill the month is out and we'll see...

new topics

join