It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Amash speaks out: "Why The GOP is So Afraid Of Him and How Corp. Money and PACs Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

For anybody that has been following liberty Congressman Justin Amash, you know that he is currently being targeted by the GOP establishment to wipe him out and replace him with an establishment puppet. For those who remember, Justin Amash has been singled out for his firm positions on voting as well as explaining every single vote that he takes, on his facebook page: www.facebook.com...

Not only has Justin held strong fiscally and also to the bill of rights, he also almost brought the NSA to it's knees by coming 12 votes short of de-funding some of their major data collection programs. Justin consistently scores 90-100% in conservative and pro-liberty ratings by political issues-based organizations. Now, establishmentarians like Karl Rove are declaring war on Justin Amash, by supporting a millionaire that is running an extremely dirty attack campaign to smear Amash's reputation.

Listen to the radio interview in the link:
benswann.com...

He is only a second term Congressman and yet Rep. Justin Amash from Michigan’s 3rd Congressional District has made a lot of waves. The waves he has made however, are not in the form of theatrics or creating a sideshow of himself. Rather, Amash has made a name for himself as being one of the rare members of Congress who votes only to uphold and protect the Constitution rather than down party lines.

The 32 year-old attorney says he works every day to represent his entire constituency rather than just a small portion of primary voters. It is likely for that reason that Amash has risen to the top of the GOP hit list. Republican insiders such as Karl Rove have called Amash “the most liberal Republican”. Meanwhile, a coalition of business owners and special interest groups are backing a primary challenge to Amash, hoping to defeat him this spring.

Read more: benswann.com... 9pk
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

edit on 27-3-2014 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2014 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Thanks for bringing him up and stating the truth, one of the very few representatives that we the people still have.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Republicans should be embracing him instead of attacking him. He is one of the few of them that actually makes sense. Of course I lean Libertarian so I suppose his pro-liberty stance and insistence on a fiscally responsible Government would appeal to me over most of the morons currently in congress.

Run Justin Run!

edit on 2014/3/27 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Republican insiders such as Karl Rove have called Amash “the most liberal Republican”. Meanwhile, a coalition of business owners and special interest groups are backing a primary challenge to Amash, hoping to defeat him this spring.

Let's see if their money is wasted ... or well spent. Hmmm: a candidate who is worth more, or a candidate who is more worth?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I find it a little disheartening that there is so much complaining and defeatism going on at ATS but when there is a light trying to peak through (people like Justin Amash) the threads gain no traction. I suppose people rather complain about the left/right paradigm rather than to promote those that are breaking through.

There are a lot of good things going on, you just have to open your mind to them.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

eLPresidente
I find it a little disheartening that there is so much complaining and defeatism going on at ATS but when there is a light trying to peak through (people like Justin Amash) the threads gain no traction. I suppose people rather complain about the left/right paradigm rather than to promote those that are breaking through.

There are a lot of good things going on, you just have to open your mind to them.

True, maybe ATS resembles the real world (statistically speaking, it really ought to) and most critical thinkers are doing just that, thinking and not commenting.

I wouldn't presume that means those individuals don't understand or won't vote in their own interests.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Divide and conquer wants to ensure it's place.

eLPresidente

Don't get me started... I know how that is!

Amash
Holt
Wyden
Paul(specifically Ron)
etc.

Keep up the good fight, thread and av s&f
edit on 27-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Really now? You're essentially doing a political advertisement campaign for this republican congressman on what is supposed to be a political debating forum. Do you really think this is appropriate? Ron Paul wasn't enough right?

In regards to this congressman, Justin Amash, I really struggle to see where this man stands outside the dominant republican political position. How's he different again? This source you linked to us fails to demonstrate what exactly makes him stand out? What is it? I'm not interested in whether Ben Swann likes him, what's different between him and the rest policy wise?

Let's see here... according to on-the-issues website:
www.ontheissues.org...

He doesn't like Obama's healthcare law... alone with 99% of all other Republicans. He doesn't stand out there.

He's anti abortion like what? the vast majority of Republicans and conservatives in this country.

Oh he strongly supported the federal Defense of Marriage Act.. gee, he's certainly standing out from the rest of his republican counterparts right? Oh sure.

He supported Paul Ryans budget (let me know whether he was in the minority on that)

Ah well he did oppose further military funding to Israel that made the GOP wigs unhappy, but that's really it. He is of Arabic descent so he has a personal interest in that not surprisingly.

Why are you pimping this guy on here again? Are you part of his campaign?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

There are a lot of good things going on, you just have to open your mind to them. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Successful revolutions aren't built on anger and fear. Why? Because those two human emotions are inherently self-centered.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes he is a Republican, what was your problem again? There are Republicans and Democrats who buck the system. So can you explain why is he being attacked by his own party again? Why was he removed from his committee appointments when he didn't fall in line? Why is his own party running millionaire candidates against him? I've seen a lot of complaining from you but not many solutions, actually none at all.

Oh and I don't work for his campaign, it isn't all financially motivated like you think. I like the guy and I support him so it is obvious that I want to see him succeed.

P.S. You are one of those "complainers" that I was talking about.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Southern Guardian
He supported Paul Ryans budget (let me know whether he was in the minority on that)

U.S. Rep. Justin Amash votes against Paul Ryan’s budget plan

www.mlive.com...

Amash, on his Facebook page, said the budget didn’t go far enough, fast enough and lacked critical elements that would prevent it from gaining bipartisan support. Ryan proposed $5.3 trillion in spending cuts over the next decade.

Amash was joined by Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kansas, in voting against the budget. All 16 Democrats on the committee cast dissenting votes, putting the final tally at 19-18.

edit on 28-3-2014 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes he is a Republican,

Yes he is, another hack republican claiming to be something different. He's certainly not the first and certainly will not be the last.

So can you explain why is he being attacked by his own party again?

Amash is not being attacked by his entire party so spare me the BS. He's being attacked by political rivals within his party which certainly is not unusual. That's politics and you will have individuals campaigning insisting they are the ones "bucking the party line" so to speak. It's politics as usual, it's the politics of yesterday. The individuals who win continue to be within that very same ol' party (because apparently they have no "choice") staying mostly inline until the next election.

Why was he removed from his committee appointments when he didn't fall in line?

I'll address this to include your argument that he opposed Paul Ryans budget. Amash voted against Paul Ryans budget because he felt it didn't go far enough, it didn't include enough cuts in it. That is not dissenting behaviour considering that Ryans budget did initially include deeper cuts but were compromised so that there was more a chance of gaining a bi-partisan vote.

If anything Amash is trying to force others within his party to stay in line and not compromise or work with those across the aisle. He's one of those "pure conservatives" ya know? He's part of the problem in DC, him and his Tea Party ilk.

Oh and I don't work for his campaign

Sure you're not! you're just pimping out his campaign website and linking us to politically motivated websites promoting him. Ben Swann? Really? The same guy that was pimping Ron Paul in the 2012 elections while supposedly being impartial in his reporting? Spare me.

top topics

join