10 Poverty Myths, Busted

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The main reason for poverty= A Central Banking system that creates perpetual debt with every dollar printed.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The same old rhetoric and opinions with no facts.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

We all know that any myth has some truth to it! from reading peoples replies I can see there
are a lot of you who feel that most people that are on assistance should not be there! Maybe
some of that is true but we are a cooperative society and this is what has brought us to be the
most prevalent species of this world! There is so much wrong with this world right now and to
just eliminate the social safety net would in fact cause way more problems then it would solve!

If you believe that just ending a persons ability to survive will curtail the small amount of monies
we pay for welfare it wont! If you think those people will just crawl away and die or find work at
some non existent job then you are delusional! All that will change is instead of paying for food
stamps and health benefits we'll be paying for prisons and policeman! I can promise you that the
latter will end up costing a whole lot more!

So what is the solution? The solution is none should be given a free ride! Anyone that is collecting
should be used like the prison work release! As for corporate welfare that is another problem and
one that will be extremely hard to do something about! Why? because they have the money to put
a mouth on the issue to turn the tide for their favor! As for the poor they have no one to speak for
them and this is why I find it difficult to trust any statistics coming from anywhere!

In the end, the only way we will ever solve the problems of the world will be together and that will
only happen when we can start to humble ourselves, give up our pride and arrogance!
Only unity for the betterment of ALL mankind will bring peace and prosperity to each!
The only problem is choosing to!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by neo96

The same old rhetoric and opinions with no facts.

Sounds like somebodies 'opinion' there eh.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Revelations29
The main reason for poverty= A Central Banking system that creates perpetual debt with every dollar printed.

Poverty existed before a centralized banking system. Poverty is not the same as debt.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
im kinda more in line with the people from the great depression when it comes to one thing. Most people look at a bank robber nowadays and say "Hang em!", I sympathize with them. What have they really done wrong? They are people who robbed from those who are robbing the masses on a daily basis. Just because they make the rules in our society doesn't make them right. I'm sick to death of people who have no brains calling out for what they call justice on others who, themselves are sick of the same things as that average joe is but he's willing to put his life on the line over it. Then at the end of the day, everyone thinks hes a scumbag, when in secret they WISH they had the ballsack to do it.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by savagediver

Wow , just wow. I am 50 years old and in all those years have not seen such hurtful and selfish words coming from a woman who considers

herself a good woman and mother.

I am not a teacher and I am not a Dr ,etc as you put it. The words you typed just really tore at my heart. I never had any

children for reasons that I always thought were responsible. I couldnt afford them so I didnt just get some woman pregnant and expect

society to pay for them for me. One reason was I had a business I fought so hard to keep afloat for 14 years and paid workers more than I took

home for myself. It was not incorporated and when it fell I didnt file bankrupt. I have been paying those 58 thousand dollars worth of debt

off with the money I make from a 8pm to 8am shift job I have had for the last 13 years on top of the usual bills of living.

There re many nights I think about the empty void in hy life and how when I am gone there wont be a damn thing of me left in this world

as far as children. Hell , I cant even make a coherent sentence and my mind is racing all over the place right now by what you said.

You lady are one cold hearted woman and very careless with your words. This might be news to you as you sound very selfish and

self centered and probable never cared , but words can and do hurt.

I dont mind my taxes helping out others as helping out others and loving them is what I believe we are here for, not just spitting out a baby.

I would help you or your children out if I could and give whenever I can even though I live paycheck to paycheck, but I seriously think you

be more careful with what you say.

This probable came out all wrong and sound unintelligent, but I had to say something for my own peace , you just about made me cry and

made me feel like a piece of sh#t just because I didnt have kids. Hope you are so proud of all your profound hurtful words.

You maam make me very sad. Good luck with all your pent up anger and hate.

Awe gee, now you have me bawling like a baby.
I never meant to hurt anyone.
I too, will be 50 come August 16th 2014 I hope. I could be gone any time...but I digress.
It sounds as though we are very similar. In most ways except for children.
I did not intend having for the same reasons you listed but with the intention of adopting already unwanted children in such an unstable world.
Which I still did, I adopted 2 boys no one wanted & though they were distrustful of ANY kindness given them, they came around, I love my 2 boys as much as my 2 girls & they turned out great, with a lot of compassion for others that they attribute to my compassion for them & others.
I did not go into the medical field for the money.
I love all & hate none.
Those that put me in defense mode, I usually just try to avoid.
I am in no way, shape or form, bitter or negative, I'm hurting & in pain after losing most all my loved ones so closely together, so recently.
It is my belief life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
I too am now barely getting by & I am 1.
I still give my last cent, my last cigarette to those who ask.
I even bring home strays especially in the winter and help them find homes, care facilities, etc, even if it means I do not eat myself.
I buy hot beverages, soups & blankets, etc for street people of which my cousin always tells me to be wary of but as he is beginning to learn, not ALL but MOST of these people have suffered some tragedy or trauma of loss ie; Their companies have shut down, they have almost impossible chances of help because of WHO they WERE, etc, & all they need is some compassion, empathy & a little boost.
If only the majority of people would stop kicking other people in the A$$ further into the ground further & further than what they already are.
Why do people do that?
Yet when those people are back up, those that tried kicking them down, turn about face & try to kiss their bu tts.
I have been on Tv talk shows, the news channels, and radio and newspapers as defender for the people who most cannot speak up for themselves, even in political debates.
People, ONE singular person CAN make a difference for the good of many. I KNOW, I done & I continue to do.....but I AM only a mere human. ~ To err is to be human.~
I can & do admit to those I've erred.
So I sincerely apologize for causing you any & all mental anguish and stress.
My heartfelt apologies.
Oh, btw, I had cancer at 28 and had to have a hysterectomy at only 28. It felt detrimental.
I help council other women & their families & I also do many charitable organizations, the Sick Children's as it has affected myself with a stillbirth that could have been prevented.
My eldest Granddaughter who will be 7 April 7 th 2014 born with Microcephaly & had a stroke during her birth yet has skipped to grade 3 in a regular public school, my youngest daughter has made her daughter her life's work going to extremes learning & teaching, advocating for all, & began Microcephaly Awareness Day for September 30th each year & the support colour is Yellow, she's also become a, ' Voice for the People.
My eldest daughter has opened her own special needs Day Care, though it accommodates all children.
My eldest son has become a Registered Nurse in Pediatrics as when he gained full custody of his only daughter, who'd only been 1, had to get her detoxed from having a Mother who'd leave her in the corner while she partied, drugging her up to keep her quiet.
My youngest son who began life in severe poverty only living on barely sweetened Kool-Aid and cooked spaghetti noodles with Ketchup, whom I taught to cook as he didn't trust any foods till he seen the ingredients go in...has become a Chef who Caters but does extra to deliver foods to people in poverty good mostly hot meals and has his 4 year old daughter helps him so she learns, he has also won sole custody of her as her mother was the same as my eldest son's wife.
& 1st cousins with twins who received H1N1 vaccinations recently died from the vaccines.
I counsel couples who've gone through such loss. All but my books is done free even though I'm licenced.
But it sounds like you do what you can for others worse off than yourself as well which is very commendable & hey, if you rise up, there is still 17 years left to adopt if you want....
Again, my most heartfelt, sincere apologies though I'm still teary about causing you pain.....

Blessings, I wish you a better brighter future....& please read my last reply to alcheron or w/e his user name is, I call him/her Elvar as that is what the user name means.....

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In Hawaii, you will not get nearly $60,000 a year from welfare. More like $763 a month with two children. I don't know how it is in other states but in Hawaii whatever money you get from welfare will be paid back in full by the other parent. That is a guaranteed. So ultimately, it isn't free money from the government.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I love when someone complains that a corporation avoided taxes and insinuates that that's the same as a worthless layabout collecting benefits. Go to a crappy neighborhood and take a look at all the grown men hangin out in the middle of the day, doin nothin. It isn't the government or a corporations job to come down there and hire them, it's their job to fix their life. The way it's always been. 40 acres and a mule, your land to toil on, nothing more, no healthcare, no free money. No jobs in your area? Move, no money?, Be resourceful, bust your hump. Move to North Dakota and work in the booming oil industry. Move somewhere, do something.

Who in their right mind lays around and expects to be taken care of? I wake up every day early, before 5 often, I work. That's how you survive. If you're broke, work harder. Have kids? Figure something out, why is your life anyone else's problem?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If they WERE PAYING IN TO THOSE PROGRAMS. Employers would not be forced to match contributions.

You do realize that the only way employers can MATCH a contribution, is if someone, oh I don't know, MAKES a contribution????
And you do realize that when they MATCH a contribution, then that means that they are PAYING IN TO THOSE PROGRAMS????

We know you, like ALL Republicans on this site hate the poor, so please only answer this question:

Why is feeding people more detrimental to this country than handing billions to billionaires?

If you say anything besides answering that question, then you prove you're an ignorant, right wing spewing pawn, I bet you can't handle the bet

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

And you do realize that when they MATCH a contribution, then that means that they are PAYING IN TO THOSE PROGRAMS???

What some people need to effing realize is that people are getting more out than they ever paid in.

Which is why other people get taxed more.

Other things like 'alternative taxes' get created.

And why medicare surtaxes get created on capital gains.

Because the GD payroll taxes do not cover it.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This is true.

For people who do not know, "Payroll taxes" in the above chart represent taxes paid by the employer, not the employee. Employee taxes are "Income tax". The employer pays a nearly matching amount of taxes, too.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Paying more taxes will never fix anything.

Paying less taxes will.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

onequestion

Paying less taxes will.

i do not believe you will find a single post from me on this site that would disagree with you in even the smallest of manners.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think its funny how people are spending their brainpower trying to figure out what the problem is and the problem is taxes not welfare.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

onequestion

Paying less taxes will.

Amen, Taxes are the problem.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Like i said on the prior page, i have nothing to say about welfare at the moment. Since i solve problems using a "low hanging fruit" mentality, it seems to me that military spending is ridiculous and needs to be reduced by upwards of 70%. Beyond that, you can do things like reduce income tax considerably, and put some of it back in as corporate income tax (leaving the more small business related taxes alone). You essentially shift some tax burden onto commerce and off citizens, which is what our tax system should actually be: a tax on commerce, not income. To be honest, I would be happiest with a consumption based tax system, where tax transactions happen at the points of sale. No citizen level paperwork would ever be required. No more ruined lives by the IRS.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

hammanderr
I love when someone complains that a corporation avoided taxes and insinuates that that's the same as a worthless layabout collecting benefits. Go to a crappy neighborhood and take a look at all the grown men hangin out in the middle of the day, doin nothin. "

It only took three pages for the standard "I drove through a bad neighborhood" comment. Yes, tell me your drive through is proof social services should be cut off.

Perhaps they are hanging out because they are teenagers or maybe they work night shifts? Or maybe it's because people like you only hire your buddies friends and relatives? It's not called discrimination - it's called networking but it works the same way.

Good old boys like you hire your golf/hunting buddies kid for that good entry level position. Then they hire your cousin.

By the way, most of those "worthless" people who collect benefits are children, disabled or elderly.

Corporations just don't try to avoid taxes, they actually get tax credits and manipulate government regulations.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yeah but people love doing their job and when they ruin someone elses life it means their better then that person.

But i agree with you.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thank you for sharing your story, but for the majority here you will find no compassion or any other human feeling or emotion, there just not capable. If a person lacks the compassion to feed there less fortunate brothers and sisters they will not have compassion for you or your story, so don't bother to waste your time.

Funny how they haven't been able to debunk the ops assertions..... what you see are the media induced zealotry of modern right wing ideology. They can only attack because thats what they do. Facts mean nothing only there message.

neo96

There are so many levels of stupidity here it is not even funny.

Well you finally say something I agree with

Sigh! I must say I concur with you both.....most on here do NOT WANT to know or be taught, learn & be objective, instead, they wish to remain in ignorance, blissful or other, about the true REALITIES of life. Must make them feel guilty, ashamed, self righteous or just plain old blinding themselves of things they do not ever want to have happen to them, yet if they woke up enough, they'd realize it DOES or already IS in their own back yards so to speak, & fear ending up under Psych care....wow!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join