10 Poverty Myths, Busted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
For what it's worth according to this pie chart welfare spending is 8% of the budget.

US Spending Pie Chart

But then again it claims that defense spending is only 13% which is a bit on the slim side to what I've seen it as before.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPatRat

Wait, where is the US spending that 20% on education? Everything cost money in school these days, the kids even have to pay for the paper they use to print homework assignments out.

Wheres the 20% healthcare?

Whats the difference between protection and defense?

General government and other spending?

Does anyone else think this is complete bull#?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Dr. Walter Williams has a thoughtful approach. I respect his ability to speak plainly and truthfully.

hosted.verticalresponse.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by ExPatRat

Wait, where is the US spending that 20% on education? Everything cost money in school these days, the kids even have to pay for the paper they use to print homework assignments out.

Wheres the 20% healthcare?

Whats the difference between protection and defense?

General government and other spending?

Does anyone else think this is complete bull#?

Not complete BS at all. It goes to corporate subsidies. Think of it this way: A large chunk of money spent on "healthcare" does not pay for your hospital bill. It helps pharmaceutical companies develop new drugs, and their lobbyists keep the price of those drugs sky high. The same applies in every sector of government spending.

Corporate welfare is a monster, and takes more out of the tax payers wallet than any hand out a nation of single mothers could ever receive. It goes out to every single sector of spending. Defense. Health care. Energy. Transportation. Education. Find a sector and there is a corporation somewhere in the shadows with their hands out and their lobbyists in Washington.

I have to wonder what section "Banker bailouts" fall under? Why does 7 trillion + dollars of handouts to the banks not matter? Too big to fail? Wtf does that even mean? Maybe neo96 can explain it for us.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Thank you, ketsuko, for saving us all the trouble in breaking this thing down. Progressive propaganda is time-consuming to unravel. They never pass up the opportunity of a good crisis, or to slant a data set.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yeah, hey i agree with you said and thanks for breaking it down. I thought those numbers looked screwy.

Awaiting the response from neo about why the welfare is causing such a budget deficit and why companies are profiting so much while the world suffers. I mean 80% of the world is in abject poverty, my question to neo96 is why dont we motivate these lazy asses to get some work done?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yeah, hey i agree with you said and thanks for breaking it down. I thought those numbers looked screwy.

Awaiting the response from neo about why the welfare is causing such a budget deficit and why companies are profiting so much while the world suffers. I mean 80% of the world is in abject poverty, my question to neo96 is why dont we motivate these lazy asses to get some work done?

apparently he likes people in poverty from what i can gather from his posts....maybe it makes him feel all warm and gooey inside

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I hardly think that ONE study done by Laura Tach at Cornell University is sufficient data to say that her "findings" are true.
While I am no professor at Cornell I can say for a fact that in the cities I have lived in her claims are dead wrong.

The "facts can be skewed anyway you like but the truth is very different.

1. Single moms are the problem. Only 9 percent of low-income, urban moms have been single throughout their child's first five years. Thirty-five percent were married to, or in a relationship with, the child's father for that entire time.*

Just because she is married to or in some kind of relationship (booty call) doesn't mean the father supports the kids or her financially at all.

4. Poor people are lazy. In 2004, there was at least one adult with a job in 60 percent of families on food stamps that had both kids and a nondisabled, working-age adult.

Most states I have lived in REQUIRE people who get welfare to "work" a certain number of hours a week to remain on assistance. My ex-mother-in-law for example in Wisconsin had to work 15 hours a week at Hardee's to continue receiving her $400 a month food stamps, get her rent paid, free medical, cash money, electric paid & gas paid. She complained that it was too hard on her and to beat the system they moved to Arizona where she didn't have to work to receive benefits. They don't always work because their not lazy they work "very part time" to keep their freebies.

Everything she states sounds good, the truth is in there somewhere but her facts can be misleading.

I bet 95% of those people living on less than $2 per person per day still have cell phones & cable TV..

Try living in a country where your so poor you don't even have water to drink and if you do you have to carry it a few miles everyday from the river and boil it.....

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

0zzymand0s
Work ethic:

I am 45 year old, work 55-58 hours a week on my feet, make $13 / hr and support a family of 4 on my income alone. I am constantly putting one thing off to pay for another, qualify for zero assistance, and have stood by my disabled wife for 7+ years since her accident, even though she does not qualify for or receive any SSI disability.

edit on 27-3-2014 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

Yes sir..work ethic, or lack of, is what it's all about. You work, you struggle and you keep on struggling because you have to and WANT to...keep on,keeping on.

I hope your family's proud of you. They should be.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
We have given way from working for a living, to 2nd and 3rd generation work shy bastards who wouldn't have a job if you give it to them on a plate.

Why should they work..they'd earn less.

In the UK there exists a certain breed of teenage mother who every nine months vomits out another kid to keep up her earnings and to get her more points on the council waiting lists.

Its a vicious circle. Her kids will grow up the same way.

If you want to get on life, you can..but you have to WANT to get on.

It's all about self respect and pride and ethics.
edit on AM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

(post by Malynn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
DP..sorry

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

No its not.

These issues are environmental. The conditions for success have to exist in order for it to manifest.

Give me a break its MATH.

Im not even getting close to really breaking down each individual case and how its flawed and why the system doesnt work.

People are very sensitive and to treat otherwise is idiotic. We need to start fixing the trauma in all of these minds that causing all these problems to manifest and in order to do that we have to get back to nature and take care of the earth.

edit on 3/28/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

onequestion

No its not.

These issues are environmental. The conditions for success have to exist in order for it to manifest.

Give me a break its MATH.

Im not even getting close to really breaking down each individual case and how its flawed and why the system doesnt work.

People are very sensitive and to treat otherwise is idiotic. We need to start fixing the trauma in all of these minds that causing all these problems to manifest and in order to do that we have to get back to nature and take care of the earth.

What are you actually replying to...???

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

]

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

onequestion

No its not.

No..you make you OWN luck..Thousands of kids have escaped the ghetto and have got on in life because they WANTED to..they made their own future, they didn't sit down crying and waiting for the "enviromrntal conditions" to be right...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You can want all you want! The fact is wanting things cant make impossibilities probable outcomes.

You lack fundamental understanding of the universe that elude to how we experience it. As above so below.

In order for 2 you must first 1. Its really simple.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

onequestion

You can want all you want! The fact is wanting things cant make impossibilities probable outcomes.

You lack fundamental understanding of the universe that elude to how we experience it. As above so below.

Guy, cut the crap...you and your ilk are the reason these people never want to get ahead, you tell them they can't do it and they'll never be able to unless "all their lucky stars are lined up".

There are thousands who go on to a better life because they have the balls to get out there and make the luck happen, and they dont resign themslves to a life of welfare cheques..

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

onequestion

And your fundemental lack of understanding of the human race leaves you to believe we are all the same. We are not.

"We are all born in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde.

Just as thousands of kids are born orphans and dont spend the rest of their lives blaming their lack of parents for every bad thing that happens to them, thousands are born poor, yet through will and determination get to live the better life they want. Their children grow to be the same.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

0zzymand0s
Work ethic:

I am 45 year old, work 55-58 hours a week on my feet, make $13 / hr and support a family of 4 on my income alone. I am constantly putting one thing off to pay for another, qualify for zero assistance, and have stood by my disabled wife for 7+ years since her accident, even though she does not qualify for or receive any SSI disability.

edit on 27-3-2014 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

with sincere remorse for your position.

a. are you proud to be a slave?
b. that is terrible pay and awful quality of life
c. that is waaaayyyy worse than 20 years ago standards when gas/food/housing/healthcare vs. take home is factored.
d. MILLIONS of US workers are in the SAME BOAT or a smaller leakier one.

It is way past time for another massive labor movement, not just in the USA, but half or Europe to from what i have been reading last few years.

Work as hard as you want, slaves worked their selves to DEATH..

HARD WORK is a SMALL PART OF THE EQUATION in reference to quality of life, income, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join